Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

attack order

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1eggnogg Feb 17 2017, 06:49 AM
hey guys, i have a problem with the attack order key..
the "A" key doesnt do anything, but whenever i press "Q" to select all units it also results in giving an attack order. Anybody has an idea how to fix that?

+
# 2TaDa! Feb 17 2017, 07:08 AM
Btw sometimes i also had an issue when "A" didnt work for some different units selected.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3Excelsior Feb 17 2017, 13:38 PM
QUOTE(eggnogg @ Feb 17 2017, 06:49 AM) *

the "A" key doesnt do anything, but whenever i press "Q" to select all units it also results in giving an attack order. Anybody has an idea how to fix that?

Hi mate. I've never heard of this issue before. Could your keyboard possibly be pressing both keys simultaneously? What keyboard are you using (I.e. Qwerty?)

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 4eggnogg Feb 18 2017, 03:37 AM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Feb 17 2017, 13:38 PM) *

Hi mate. I've never heard of this issue before. Could your keyboard possibly be pressing both keys simultaneously? What keyboard are you using (I.e. Qwerty?)

hey Excelsior,
the problem sorted itself out. The_necromancer suggested that i use a fix for AZERTY keyboard (its basically another English.big file). I tried it even though i have a laptop with a QWERTY keyboard, of course it didnt work. I put back the original english.big file and the problem sorted itself out.

Now that I have your attention I need your help for a much bigger problem. My explanation is going to be long only because I want to make myself clear to you and because I am fed up with trying so many things that do not work. So please bear with me smile.gif.

I reinstalled BFME 2 and ROTWK because i got mismatch problems on Gameranger. I have the installation files from forshire (i basically followed the destroyer's video explanation). BFME 2 works just fine and I always leave it at 1.06. ROTWK is the problem. The game can launch (i.e. i can see the main menu) but when i launch a skirmish game either the game crashes with no error message, either the AI dies within 5 seconds and then the game crashes.

My steps on installing ROTWK are:
1. mounting the ROTWK special edition iso with WinCDEmu
2. since the key generator is no longer available on forshire's blog, i look for a cd key on the internet (http://www.fifadelisi.net/srl-415-battle_for_middle_earth_2_witch_king)
3. complete installation
4. mount the smoking man's image files which are for windows 10 since i have windows 10. i use again WinCDEmu

And here it gets complicated. When i finish the installation, there is no rotwk folder in %appdata%. I tried copying the one from excalibur's post (https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=910882&st=0) it didnt work.
I tried options.ini file that the destroyer recommended but again that failed. I have also checked that NVidia is selected. The drivers are up to date. I have also tried a crash fixer that has the name "RotWK Crash Fixer Vista&Win7&Win8" i forgot where i got it from, but it doesnt work either.

so yea. im lost. Please let me know what you think smile.gif thanks!

+
# 5(Jor)Dain Feb 18 2017, 23:59 PM
QUOTE(eggnogg @ Feb 17 2017, 09:49 AM) *

I have same problem Today for 3 games with 3 diff guys !!
when i use " A " hot key all my units is useless sad.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)