Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

can someone good review this please?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1okiguess Oct 24 2022, 14:37 PM
i don't see how anyone can beat wehr if they play like this. the chinese have managed to find a way to break the game. i think, i always feared what wehr could do with relatively conservative styles, a sniper, and just slowly taking cutoffs and waiting till stuhs. i dont think there is a way to win but maybe someone else can find one.

https://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes...s&id=358818

This post has been edited by okiguess: Oct 24 2022, 14:44 PM

+
# 2miegorengwithprawns Nov 3 2022, 00:41 AM
I am puzzled by what your complaint is here?

Watched it until you threw in the towel.

Your own opening and early play was typically American abuse looking for a fast win on Sturzdorf. The Wehr player countered it well. You lost the initial momentum giving him time to consolidate leaving you at a disadvantage and you lost.

Nothing new, broken or untoward here. Time is on Wehr's side. If they can survive the initial American advantages and numerical onslaught, the advantage will eventually swing to them. It has ever been thus.

Sturz has buckets of fuel to American capping, superior force and mobility initial momentum advantage, and the Americans don't need much fuel to fast track M8 abuse if intended, which can present a huge advantage and their multi-role firepower and mobility is extremely difficult to deal with initially. There is also plenty of muni on Sturz for engineer flamer abuse, particularly cost and lethality efficient vs Volks and Grens with the Engie three man teams rendering it viable vs two man Pios trying to do the same thing without at least Vet 1. Like Wehr nades, it's simply not as lethal vs US Inf. The multiple Engie flamers didn't materialise on this occasion more out of the way the game dynamic went rather than intention is how I saw things.

Regardless.

You could see the shape of things developing when he started vetting Volk infantry. There's your writing on the wall. Preservation thus vetting of your American Inf MUST immediately become a priority, sniper/s a prerequisite (so no corpse medic retrieval) and efficient against 4 man Grens and 3 man unvetted KC, plus a means of crippling/wiping out (thus huge reinforcement costs) large numbers (INF direct arty [muni] or AIRB strafe [muni] to stay Wehr momentum and numbers. I'm not good with snipers, and you're set for a major contest and inevitable loss as he Vets up if you can't.

The other way of dealing with it, and the way I'd probably chose myself as I would manage this better, is to go ARMCO, use FAST DEPLOYMENT to build half a dozen UNREVEALED M18s ASAP (cheap 55 fuel ea) and SURPRISE BASERAID Wehr/PE which will cripple slow PE/Wehr down mightily if not win you the game outright. M18s are fast, can crush inf, have inf suppression and kill MG, their primary cannon hits hard, doesn't misfire (M10 bug) and in those numbers even a couple of Vet 1 Panthers can't stop them. Plus by then you should have either Field Repair or Allied War Machine, the former of which will render them virtually unstoppable in a fast unprepared for, unexpected surprise base raid.

Lastely, and a major cause of failure here. If its obvious you can't win an engagement, RUN. Only fight where you have superior numbers, firepower, positional (cover) advantage that he will hurt more than you. Don't take losses It becomes a self defeating drag curve regardless of faction. Run without taking significant losses to preserve your inf, rebuild health at base -something Wehr can't auto do en masse, and gradually gain VET which is superior to equivalent Wehr VET.

GL play more. Gain more experience.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3spoing Nov 5 2022, 10:06 AM
-You never contest the left side. Halfway the game there is no wehr troops there and you could just scroll in, and near the end there is only a single MG holding down the point. Just roll in with your greyhound and push it off the point.

-If you go double engineer opening you should have your riflemen out fighting and capping forward points, not capping the stuff near your base. Your engineers can do that fine. I wouldve sent my first rifles straight to the medium fuel point on the left, push off whatever pio/volks might be there, and cap it, while engineers backcap.

-The jeep does nothing for you. Especially in sturz where there are a lot of buildings and doodads that make it hard to push stuff around. Best thing it did was reveal the AT gun. As soon as you saw that you couldve pushed your greyhound on the west side to get the left VP, or swing the greyhound around and shoot the AT gun from the back.

-instead of a second greyhound you couldve gone for a quad. The first greyhound is already enough to discourage a puma or flame HT.

-Why were you mining when your greyhound was getting shot?

-I dont know why you gave up. You still had a healthy amount of VP and the armies are pretty equal. You both have 2 engi/pio squads, he has 2 volks+gren, you have 3 rifles with BARs, you both have snipers, yours isnt revealed yet, he has an AT gun and STUG, you have a greyhound. If you keep your greyhound back (like send him to the west to kill the MG) the STUG and AT gun are useless. 3 rifles with bars win against 1 gren+2volks.

-For someone that's maphacking he's running into a lot of mines

+
# 4okiguess Nov 15 2022, 13:37 PM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ Nov 3 2022, 00:41 AM) *

i have 2000 hours playing coh.

+
# 5okiguess Nov 15 2022, 13:37 PM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ Nov 3 2022, 00:41 AM) *

+
# 6miegorengwithprawns Nov 16 2022, 23:08 PM
QUOTE(okiguess @ Nov 15 2022, 23:37 PM) *

Wasn't illustrated in that replay.

+
# 7okiguess Nov 17 2022, 11:56 AM

i think it was - as i said, it isn't possible to win vs strats like that. at least, you have to get very lucky imo.

+
# 8okiguess Nov 17 2022, 11:56 AM

i think it was - as i said, it isn't possible to win vs strats like that. at least, you have to get very lucky imo.

+
# 9miegorengwithprawns Nov 18 2022, 23:11 PM
It's evident you're just here to have your own perspective validated and consolidated. You're not actually hearing what has been said and so are stuck in your mindset. Read what I wrote initially again, and pay particular attention to this paragraph;

"Your own opening and early play was typically American abuse looking for a fast win on Sturzdorf. The Wehr player countered it well. You lost the initial momentum giving him time to consolidate leaving you at a disadvantage" ....which should have ended by me less diplomatically and truthfully saying, you threw in the towel when you found yourself psychologically defeated by your play being effectively countered so the status changed from opening early advantage to you to advantage to him through your own ineptitude. The game wasn't actually over yet by a long shot, except in your head. What it wasn't going to be from there on in though, was a fast easy win for you -if a victory at all.

The Wehr player in the game above capitalised on your multiple mistakes. You were far too aggressive where and when you shouldn't have been, and chose a strategy which failed on a tactical (micro) level. US can bully like begeezuz in the opening in 1v1, and that has obviously worked very well for you for the fast win in Gumby level games of the past. Just didn't go so well for you in this one.

+
# 10okiguess Nov 27 2022, 23:12 PM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ Nov 18 2022, 23:11 PM) *

It's evident you're just here to have your own perspective validated and consolidated. You're not actually hearing what has been said and so are stuck in your mindset. Read what I wrote initially again, and pay particular attention to this paragraph;

"Your own opening and early play was typically American abuse looking for a fast win on Sturzdorf. The Wehr player countered it well. You lost the initial momentum giving him time to consolidate leaving you at a disadvantage" ....which should have ended by me less diplomatically and truthfully saying, you threw in the towel when you found yourself psychologically defeated by your play being effectively countered so the status changed from opening early advantage to you to advantage to him through your own ineptitude. The game wasn't actually over yet by a long shot, except in your head. What it wasn't going to be from there on in though, was a fast easy win for you -if a victory at all.

The Wehr player in the game above capitalised on your multiple mistakes. You were far too aggressive where and when you shouldn't have been, and chose a strategy which failed on a tactical (micro) level. US can bully like begeezuz in the opening in 1v1, and that has obviously worked very well for you for the fast win in Gumby level games of the past. Just didn't go so well for you in this one.

i dont think the usa can bully wehr in opening at all. you must just be new to this game.

+
# 11miegorengwithprawns Nov 30 2022, 01:55 AM
QUOTE(okiguess @ Nov 28 2022, 09:12 AM) *

i dont think the usa can bully wehr in opening at all. you must just be new to this game.

You have no idea whatsoever how to play this game let alone you're talking about is the only thing abundantly clear here.

Try The Sims4. More suited to slow learner speed & gaming skills.

+
# 12okiguess Nov 30 2022, 14:35 PM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ Nov 30 2022, 01:55 AM) *

You have no idea whatsoever how to play this game let alone you're talking about is the only thing abundantly clear here.

Try The Sims4. More suited to slow learner speed & gaming skills.

what is the highest rank you have achieved in coh?

+
# 13miegorengwithprawns Nov 30 2022, 21:36 PM
QUOTE(okiguess @ Dec 1 2022, 00:35 AM) *

what is the highest rank you have achieved in coh?

ROFL @ U

+
# 14okiguess Dec 1 2022, 14:11 PM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ Nov 30 2022, 21:36 PM) *

i asked you a basic question - you do not want to answer it. i think this is obviously because you know the answer would embarrass you. please dont respond anymore.

+
# 15miegorengwithprawns Dec 2 2022, 02:26 AM
QUOTE(okiguess @ Dec 2 2022, 00:11 AM) *

i asked you a basic question - you do not want to answer it. i think this is obviously because you know the answer would embarrass you. please dont respond anymore.

Bemused by your moaning, I had been watching your uploaded replays. I just watched one where you played a 1v1 auto vs me on Langres, with you starting in the advantaged base. I'm still ROFLM@O.

Guess who won so easily and quickly? =]

Characteristic paraphrased 'the game's unfair' whining just before you rage quit! =]

+
# 16okiguess Dec 3 2022, 15:41 PM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ Dec 2 2022, 02:26 AM) *

Bemused by your moaning, I had been watching your uploaded replays. I just watched one where you played a 1v1 auto vs me on Langres, with you starting in the advantaged base. I'm still ROFLM@O.

Guess who won so easily and quickly? =]

Characteristic paraphrased 'the game's unfair' whining just before you rage quit! =]

what's the highest rank you've achieved?

+
# 17miegorengwithprawns Dec 3 2022, 19:49 PM
Behaving like a parrot isn't going to win you the debate of this discussion or make you somehow 'more right' any more than it is helping you win the game.

I am not going to answer your demand although I could with self-respect intact -if I respected you and so wanted to.

You're not controlling this conversation and other than in your mind perhaps, last word doesn't equate to 'I won'.

Try actively listening and hearing. You've already been told by me and countless others including Nosliw in the other threads I've read, but you're rejecting their advice because your ego doesn't want to hear it. As long as that's your 'game', you won't learn and will keep repeating the same plays which keep you losing. e.g.
Nosliw:"I think the answer to your question is "mentality" – you've mentioned how you are playing perfectly in all your games you've posted and still lose".

Having watched your game and actually played you, you have a huge attitudinal problem in your play which writes your own result. I'm done here. Bye.

+
# 18okiguess Dec 6 2022, 19:57 PM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ Dec 3 2022, 19:49 PM) *

Behaving like a parrot isn't going to win you the debate of this discussion or make you somehow 'more right' any more than it is helping you win the game.

I am not going to answer your demand although I could with self-respect intact -if I respected you and so wanted to.

You're not controlling this conversation and other than in your mind perhaps, last word doesn't equate to 'I won'.

Try actively listening and hearing. You've already been told by me and countless others including Nosliw in the other threads I've read, but you're rejecting their advice because your ego doesn't want to hear it. As long as that's your 'game', you won't learn and will keep repeating the same plays which keep you losing. e.g.

Having watched your game and actually played you, you have a huge attitudinal problem in your play which writes your own result. I'm done here. Bye.

okay great, but what's the highest rank you've achieved?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)