Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

detect winner by replay programmatically

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1N-N Mar 1 2019, 09:47 AM
Im looking for a way to recognize the winner of a game by its replay without watching it till the end. I know many people have worked on replays but I believe there must be a way to solve this puzzle.

If successful , it can be used to submit the winners of qms automatically without posting replays.

I need your help. in my theory , I think it's possible to detect the winner by comparing 2 mutual replays(replay of the winner and loser both). We cannot read replays in a text format. just the first line is readable. Iv currently compared some mutual replays but I need some more replays to make sure its possible or not.

it is the first line which is readable for example :

M=383maps/map mp dunharrow;
MC=F960F6E4;MS=946690;SD=13848973;
S=HStiwie,B51F544C,8094,TT,5,-1,0,1,1:
HPROMiNE,4E2B6A5B,8094,TT,3,-1,1,0,1:
HLATINO,5C6856E1,8094,TT,-1,-2,-1,-1,1:
HFishy2gud,5E70F9D7,8094,TT,-1,-2,-1,-1,1:
HFishy,53E2F200,8094,TT,-1,-2,-1,-1,1:
HFelixanius,4FC0A95E,8094,TT,-1,-2,-1,-1,1:X:X:; 1

it only shows the players names , replay saver , host , teams and els.

what I need : please post your mutual replays here. I mean the replays of the same game(loser and winner).
or just run the following consol app in your pc before starting the game (you and your opponent both). it watches the bfme replay folder in your pc and detects any changes then sends newly added replay to my server.

Attached File BfmeRW.zip
Size: 2.52k
Number of downloads: 2
Player Name Side Team

please notice that I need you and your opponent's replays both. consol app must run on both pcs.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2SquatsnOats Mar 2 2019, 16:11 PM
Nice idea.. But I want to dodge when I get dbl mor. Is that possible?

Clan: PIRATES

+
# 3Beterwel Mar 2 2019, 17:38 PM
QUOTE(N-N @ Mar 1 2019, 11:47 AM) *

If successful , it can be used to submit the winners of qms automatically without posting replays.

would be really nice. However, posted replays should still be checked and verified before automatically updating. I mean, no way to tell whether the uploaded replay is a ffgs or qm, thus possibility for abuse. Could still save the mods a lot of time I guess.

+
# 4N-N Mar 3 2019, 19:05 PM
QUOTE(Beterwel @ Mar 2 2019, 21:08 PM) *

would be really nice. However, posted replays should still be checked and verified before automatically updating. I mean, no way to tell whether the uploaded replay is a ffgs or qm, thus possibility for abuse. Could still save the mods a lot of time I guess.

Yes ,as you said there are many ways to abuse but there are many ways to block them too

That problem is really easy to solve. We dont use the player names to verify but every player would be given a unique code and thats private. Qm generator then asks for the unique code to generate a game. And all the players must verify their presence by their codes.

Also we can give every player a text file which contains a code and must be located in bfme folder for example. Qm generator also produces a code for every game. Host shares that with other players and they all must locate it in a special text file in bfme folder and .....

There also some other ways....

+
# 5Anon` Mar 4 2019, 19:47 PM
win

Attached File(s)
Attached File 00000000.rep
Size: 259.85k
Player Name Side Team
SilverSurfer 2
Myth 2
Anon`* 1
yesil 1

+
# 6Earendil Mar 4 2019, 19:48 PM
loss
Size: 259.86k
Player Name Side Team
SilverSurfer* 2
Myth 2
Anon` 1
yesil 1

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 7Anon` Mar 6 2019, 16:40 PM
win

Attached File(s)
Size: 164.87k
Player Name Side Team
yesil 1
Anon`* 2
BLAST 2
Dunedain` 1

+
# 8Dunedain` Mar 6 2019, 16:41 PM
Loss

Attached File(s)
Size: 163.68k
Player Name Side Team
yesil 1
Anon` 2
BLAST 2
Dunedain`* 1

Clan: PIRATES

+
# 9N-N Mar 6 2019, 18:18 PM
Thanks for your replays
I worked on them and some other 1v1 replays hours , unfortunately didn't find anything. despite my imagination , bfme itself dosn't know who wins till the end. replay system works like an executer. It only executes lines till the end , if the replay saver's base is down{(play cheer voice)} else{.....} its something out of replay file related to victory system which cannot be accessed .

However there some other ways , If we cannot pass over the mountain, let us go under it smile.gif
we may use another system which is based on replay's name , it's not very automatic but deserves to be considered .
Idea is as the following :
winner saves replay as the name : 'Winner' for example , it would be sent to server automatically . Server checks the replay's name. if it's Winner -> submit it as winner. and if more than one replay is sent as the name Winner with the same properties (teams , players , time , colors , host , .... ) which means one is joking -> send replays for referee -> block joker for a week -> if repeat for a month then block for ever.

and based on my previous post , we exactly know who has saved the replay as the name 'Winner'. on this system every player must confirm his presence with his private code through a link.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)