Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

enough of impudence

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Clev3r Mar 3 2018, 09:00 AM
Hello. It has long been clear that if you want to get an "expert bfme", you do not need to play this game well, just be friends with Orange. But why does someone add replays to the Hall of Fame that failed to vote? Who gave the right? My replay from the Hall of Fame was removed from there in a year, although the vote was positive, I did not write anything. But the fact that one solves for all, what replays there should be added, and which ones are removed - already infuriates. Orange, find another way for youself.
+
# 2Earendil Mar 3 2018, 10:41 AM
No idea why your replay was removed. I didn't do it and I would add it back when you link me to it because it looks like a bug to me.

When you look at the hall of fame there are not many replays. But we (from staff) think there are much more quality games which deserve Hall of Fame. Most of that games didn't make it to HoF because of the stupid poll system - all can vote without even watching the game + hate votes -> hard to get 66%. We just started this and also planned to continue it. Also with polls in Gen Discussion like you can see here . It shows again a poor poll with 8 total votes... Still we keep the plan that the winner replay goes to HoF.

Anyway the games stand for awesome games of the time they were played. Feel free to show me a replay there where you say that it's not worth it!

About the experts: That means you have the opinion that the current experts doesn't deserve their badge? And you really think you can judge this better than the remaining Expert players?

This post has been edited by Earendil: Mar 3 2018, 10:51 AM

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3HungryTroll Mar 3 2018, 11:08 AM
QUOTE(Earendil @ Mar 3 2018, 15:41 PM) *

About the experts: That means you have the opinion that the current experts doesn't deserve their badge? And you really think you can judge this better than the remaining Expert players?

Interesting, by what criteria does the bfme-expert title? Result of last tournaments? Forum Activity? Knowledge of the game?
I think you understand, that Clever hints at Principino, and why he received this title.
I have nothing against Pino, he is very good player and just a good man, he won 2v2 tourney with u. But Dunedain won 2 times in the 1v1 tournaments, but he was not given this title.

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

+
# 4Clev3r Mar 3 2018, 12:11 PM
QUOTE(Earendil @ Mar 3 2018, 10:41 AM) *

No idea why your replay was removed. I didn't do it and I would add it back when you link me to it because it looks like a bug to me.

When you look at the hall of fame there are not many replays. But we (from staff) think there are much more quality games which deserve Hall of Fame. Most of that games didn't make it to HoF because of the stupid poll system - all can vote without even watching the game + hate votes -> hard to get 66%. We just started this and also planned to continue it. Also with polls in Gen Discussion like you can see here . It shows again a poor poll with 8 total votes... Still we keep the plan that the winner replay goes to HoF.

Anyway the games stand for awesome games of the time they were played. Feel free to show me a replay there where you say that it's not worth it!

1. The problem is that replays were added, for which no one voted, and those for which people voted were deleted. There are many great games, but Orange adds only his replays and some players, so as not to offend them.
2. If you give this title Pino, then why do not you give it to Alan? At present he is the most worthy of all. Maybe you need to create criteria to get this title?

Yes, looking at the results of your work, I really can judge better. I've been in this community for 8 years already and I know as much as your expert experts
+
# 5Earendil Mar 3 2018, 13:47 PM
ok smile.gif

+
# 6Kerkyra Mar 3 2018, 17:59 PM
I don't see why you blame Orange. He didn't decide alone who should receive the title or not and it has always been an agreement between active experts.

Besides I don't know why this topic keeps comming up in recent times when the game is far less active as it could have been some years ago.

The initial purposes of expert status was to tag expert replays and answer questions and now the need is not the same as before as almost nobody ask questions in the expert thread and everybody knows everybody enough to know which replay is good or not looking at whos in it.

+
# 7CENTAUER Mar 3 2018, 23:03 PM
QUOTE(Kerkyra @ Mar 3 2018, 18:59 PM) *

I don't see why you blame Orange. He didn't decide alone who should receive the title or not and it has always been an agreement between active experts.

Game: None

+
# 8Unikorn Mar 4 2018, 07:59 AM
I added a few reps to the HoF back when I was senior, just didn't tell anyone about it. Can't remember which ones though.. They were good games that deserve to be there though, like someone said the voting system is dumb. Some Russian noob can just get all his friends to vote and no one else even cares...

+
# 9Beterwel Mar 4 2018, 10:29 AM
Some Russian noob can just get all his friends to vote and no one else even cares...

xd

+
# 10HungryTroll Mar 4 2018, 11:00 AM
QUOTE(Unikorn @ Mar 4 2018, 12:59 PM) *

Some Russian noob can just get all his friends to vote and no one else even cares...

This is not a true statement. We do not force anyone to vote. If you say so, very few people will go to the forum at all. More goodwill dear Unicorn smile.gif
Look at this screen:
Attached Image
Only 8 people voted, this is a terrible indicator of activity

+
# 11HungryTroll Mar 4 2018, 11:06 AM
Please, let's not divide everyone into "russians" and "others". This forum, is international forum. And yes, we have many friends, but it's only because people like me work, and make bfme popular game.
For example, yesterday I shot a video with an invitation to the gamereplays.org (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4w9O-QzzV0&t=231s) I just told what a great forum this is, that there are many guides, strategies, tactics, a lot of replays, tournaments and etc.
And Unicorn, you did earlier replays-reviews, you can shoot similar video, then the forum will be more visitors. By the way, when I published your video, everyone who watched said that you have a wonderful voice smile.gif

This post has been edited by HungryTroll: Mar 4 2018, 11:26 AM

+
# 12Beterwel Mar 4 2018, 12:23 PM
QUOTE(HungryTroll @ Mar 4 2018, 13:06 PM) *

Please, let's not divide everyone into "russians" and "others". This forum, is international forum. And yes, we have many friends, but it's only because people like me work, and make bfme popular game.
For example, yesterday I shot a video with an invitation to the gamereplays.org (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4w9O-QzzV0&t=231s) I just told what a great forum this is, that there are many guides, strategies, tactics, a lot of replays, tournaments and etc.
And Unicorn, you did earlier replays-reviews, you can shoot similar video, then the forum will be more visitors. By the way, when I published your video, everyone who watched said that you have a wonderful voice smile.gif

Troll I think you are doing a good job in promoting and trying to make this forum active. Don't let such comments get to you too much, because this is just how communication works on this forum.

+
# 13sueffkopp Mar 5 2018, 09:16 AM
QUOTE(Clev3r @ Mar 3 2018, 10:00 AM) *
Hello. It has long been clear that if you want to get an "expert bfme", you do not need to play this game well, just be friends with Orange. But why does someone add replays to the Hall of Fame that failed to vote? Who gave the right? My replay from the Hall of Fame was removed from there in a year, although the vote was positive, I did not write anything. But the fact that one solves for all, what replays there should be added, and which ones are removed - already infuriates. Orange, find another way for youself.

Activity is also a factor in the decision.
Even if you think you are worthy of being an expert, you have only ever uploaded 3 replays to the GR replay section outside of tournaments, and with only 70 posts you don't seem to contribute a lot to the website in other ways, either.
Were you only trolling with this post?

+
# 14HungryTroll Mar 5 2018, 11:46 AM
QUOTE(sueffkopp @ Mar 5 2018, 14:16 PM) *

Activity is also a factor in the decision.
Even if you think you are worthy of being an expert, you have only ever uploaded 3 replays to the GR replay section outside of tournaments, and with only 70 posts you don't seem to contribute a lot to the website in other ways, either.
Were you only trolling with this post?

You not understand what Clever mind. He not asked about bfme-expert title.

+
# 15HungryTroll Mar 5 2018, 12:14 PM
Clewer was just interested in the criteria for obtaining expert title.
Of course, he is not very active, but his game level is very good. Look tourney 1v1 world cup.

+
# 16Val` Mar 6 2018, 13:00 PM
Sueffkopp summed it up pretty good. Inactive expert is not worth having, its meant to be a mentor role not just an e-peen badge. Knowledge of the game, proven skill, ability to mentor, activity on GR, all important. Oh and not attacking admins also works in your favor. It is usually decided on by staff as nominations in general discussion lead to top 10 egotistical threads.

Clan: Unr3al

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)