Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

factions and units guide ?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Fflow Sep 13 2021, 08:22 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a beginner factions guide for this game. I've found several guides with detailed strategies and build orders but as I'm not looking to play competitively, I'd like something more basic, with units stats or even just general strenghs and weaknesses of different factions. I've noticed that elven archers seemed better than their pairs and that half trolls seemed tankier than other pikemen but that's about it
Thanks in advance

PS : I'm playig with patch 1.09

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2Maru Sep 15 2021, 17:18 PM
Hi, you won't find any basic guides for 1.09 because the people that play this patch are considered to be advanced players, as almost all new players have played the official 1.06 version first.

I can only recommend you search through the strategy forum again and see if you can find the stuff you are looking for

Clan: New Generation

+
# 3Fflow Sep 16 2021, 09:15 AM
indeed, that's quite advanced. Any specific reasons why they gor for version 1.06?

+
# 4Maru Sep 16 2021, 16:57 PM
Well, when you installed the game previously, it automatically updated it to 1.06 as this was the official online BFME2 patch. The competitive community created further balance patches which became known as the BTDC patches, and they weren't widely known of outside the clanwars scene.

These days the patch is better known about, but it still seems to be the case that most casual players simply have stuck with 1.06 and competitive players have opted for the 1.09 which is the latest version of the old BTDC.

+
# 5Fflow Sep 17 2021, 08:13 AM
QUOTE(Maru @ Sep 16 2021, 17:57 PM) *

Well, when you installed the game previously, it automatically updated it to 1.06 as this was the official online BFME2 patch. The competitive community created further balance patches which became known as the BTDC patches, and they weren't widely known of outside the clanwars scene.

These days the patch is better known about, but it still seems to be the case that most casual players simply have stuck with 1.06 and competitive players have opted for the 1.09 which is the latest version of the old BTDC.

ok, thanks for your answers!

+
# 6Maru Sep 17 2021, 19:59 PM
You're welcome smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)