Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

ffg (not) over cw

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1StrayHeart Jun 29 2018, 21:31 PM
Hi.

Over past 3 weeks I noticed we get more ffgs over cws. There're quite many players around, but why you keep playing ffg? I personally prefer playing cw where I see results of my struggles. Also it motivates me more to play.

Also recently imo that tournament distracted people from doing cw.

Go more cw go, cw over ffg!

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2SN0WBL4CK Jun 29 2018, 23:07 PM
Agreed. Idk why you ever would ffg unless u are in the same clan. CW activity draws more people to cw as well as to bfme2 so. More bfme2 players = more potential cw players. More cw players = more 1.09 players.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 3StrayHeart Jun 29 2018, 23:37 PM
QUOTE(SN0WBL4CK @ Jun 30 2018, 00:07 AM) *

Idk why you ever would ffg unless u are in the same clan.

This is one of clanwars issues actually. One of the reasons why DodgeWars (a platform I'm developing in free time) would be better than cw is:

IPB Image

Ok I know the image looks little crap, but it's work in progress. Hopefully it's better one day, Im not a graphics designer laugh.gif

+
# 4SN0WBL4CK Jun 30 2018, 01:10 AM
Nah, its not a big deal that you cant play vs players from your own clans. There are only like 3 active players per clan max. If you have no clans you are basically guesting all the time(which we can do in cw too).

+
# 5SeñorEcthelion Jun 30 2018, 01:49 AM
as long nicks are cw nicks, it's cw. AR everything u can, usually Thorin Luigi Silverbane Maka never reports
buut its always cw!!

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 6StrayHeart Jun 30 2018, 06:48 AM
pwnd

+
# 7Sade Vito Jun 30 2018, 08:20 AM
I forgot when I was playing ffg
three full months playing in cw
all games for goblins, and realized something
I realized that I do not even know half the knowledge about goblins
I need more skills, more knowledge, but I'm damn tired of losing to experienced masters)
I love/respect experts and at the same time I hate them)
gg wp
gl hf
and so on

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 8SilverBane Jun 30 2018, 08:32 AM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ Jun 30 2018, 04:49 AM) *

usually Thorin Luigi Silverbane Maka never reports

Are you for real? You tell me I never report when I had like one AR that got processed since i returned to this thing?
And regarding clanwars, I won't be playing any kind of clanwars if I know I'm going to play bad at that moment, I don't care what you guys think. Just farming losses because you know you can't focus is no fun. How about dodging? You are implying that i'm not reporting and I don't spam games enough, but dodging is held in high regard lately in cw.cc. You should reconsider your affirmation.
If i don't want to cw, i'm not using my clanwars nickname and you guys can do nothing about it. You can't force people to cw.
Maybe one wants to do dumb or weird strategies without getting punished with a loss just because others say so.
If the morale is that every game must be cw and AR-ed, I might aswell consider deleting my cw account. I don't want to deal with a totalitarianism system.

This post has been edited by SilverBane: Jun 30 2018, 08:39 AM

+
# 9QuikSilwer Jun 30 2018, 09:07 AM
QUOTE(StrayHeart @ Jun 29 2018, 21:31 PM) *

I personally prefer playing cw where I see results of my struggles.

You play a computer game. You don't get paid for it, you don't bring glory to your country, and I'm fairly certain you don't get puss. The only result of your 'struggles' should be having fun, and if it's not, then you're doing it wrong.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 10StrayHeart Jun 30 2018, 10:01 AM
QUOTE(Sade Vito @ Jun 30 2018, 09:20 AM) *

I forgot when I was playing ffg
three full months playing in cw
all games for goblins, and realized something
I realized that I do not even know half the knowledge about goblins
I need more skills, more knowledge, but I'm damn tired of losing to experienced masters)
I love/respect experts and at the same time I hate them)
gg wp
gl hf
and so on

This is respect. Keep up the good work. And I feel you, I've been loosing like this for long time biggrin.gif

QUOTE(SilverBane @ Jun 30 2018, 09:32 AM) *

And regarding clanwars, I won't be playing any kind of clanwars if I know I'm going to play bad at that moment, I don't care what you guys think. Just farming losses because you know you can't focus is no fun. How about dodging? You are implying that i'm not reporting and I don't spam games enough, but dodging is held in high regard lately in cw.cc. You should reconsider your affirmation.
If i don't want to cw, i'm not using my clanwars nickname and you guys can do nothing about it. You can't force people to cw.

This is hilarious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume you're going to play clanwars only when, hmm. You feel right, or have good days where you can play best matches? Or what? Sounds to me like you care for stats. If you're not sure about your skills or something, why not go cw with some crap name like me? I don't understeand what you're loosing for not playing cw and going ffg. You can only boost activity and hype around it.

I try to play clanwars regardless I have worse days or bettter. This is what you call regularity.

The only reason I moved to bfm2 online from CCG online were 300games per day on bfm2 ladder in 2008.
The only reason I came back bfm2 is I saw it's activity in April.
The only reason I moved to rotwk in 2015 was a very active cw.

Unfortunately bfm2 cw is going down again, so people: please play!

QUOTE(QuikSilwer @ Jun 30 2018, 10:07 AM) *

You play a computer game. You don't get paid for it, you don't bring glory to your country, and I'm fairly certain you don't get puss. The only result of your 'struggles' should be having fun, and if it's not, then you're doing it wrong.

I am not playing for glory or to my country lmao. I do have fun both playing ffg and cw. So a cw is automatically a ffg for me. Why not do it on cw then? This boosts activity and I very much like it.

+
# 11SilverBane Jun 30 2018, 10:20 AM
QUOTE(QuikSilwer @ Jun 30 2018, 12:07 PM) *

^

+
# 12THE GLUTEMASTER Jun 30 2018, 13:45 PM
The pros vs the cons of playing clan wars should make it pretty clear what people should strive to play.

Main Pros:
- Active clan wars: More tourneys, increased activity on gamereplays, old pros returning, more new players...
- Skill development: Your skill level will improve significantly more in cw than ffg. Higher skill usually equals more fun intense games.

Main 'Cons':
- The few mins it takes to report.
- The chances of getting your ego hurt with a negative win-lose ratio.

+
# 13StrayHeart Jun 30 2018, 15:35 PM
QUOTE(THE GLUTEMASTER @ Jun 30 2018, 14:45 PM) *

The pros vs the cons of playing clan wars should make it pretty clear what people should strive to play.

Main Pros:
- Active clan wars: More tourneys, increased activity on gamereplays, old pros returning, more new players...
- Skill development: Your skill level will improve significantly more in cw than ffg. Higher skill usually equals more fun intense games.

Confirmed.

QUOTE(THE GLUTEMASTER @ Jun 30 2018, 14:45 PM) *

Main 'Cons':
- The few mins it takes to report.
- The chances of getting your ego hurt with a negative win-lose ratio.

In DodgeWars you don't have to wait to report another game after you just reported. 2.02 stuff is working on a feature to automatically save replay after every game. That allows you renaming every file after match to 'Last Replay.BfM2Replay', so you can process games later if u like.

As long as you don't care about stats, the bad winning ratio should not bother you. If it does, however, just make a random name and use it on cw xD

+
# 14SN0WBL4CK Jun 30 2018, 16:54 PM
nd regarding clanwars, I won't be playing any kind of clanwars if I know I'm going to play bad at that moment, I don't care what you guys think. Just farming losses because you know you can't focus is no fun.

Maybe one wants to do dumb or weird strategies without getting punished with a loss just because others say so.

So what will happen if u farm losses? Will your ego be bruised and people will think u are noob and u care about that? Those stats are not worth a shit if u only play cw when it suits you best. If you play against the best players you will be farming losses too so you wont cw then?

No1 cares about other players stats, so why should you care? Those stats mean nothing what so ever, its just fun to have a competition of some sort which is registered somewhere. Those gold cups mean nothing, those win% mean nothing.

Sure you can play when you are fresh and at your best only, but if you are able to play ffg, then why are u not able to play cw? If you want to try new strat, how will you know if it works unless you try it during a match when players give their best? (Which is cw).

You can keep lying to yourself and keep your precious stats as good as possible but it will not give u an accurate representation.

The only result of your 'struggles' should be having fun, and if it's not, then you're doing it wrong.

If everyone played for fun alone, there wouldn't be need for competitive gaming. I dont care who u are if u get beat 10 times in a row there is absolutely 0 fun in that. Getting better at this game is definitely a struggle and its definitely not fun all the time.

+
# 15StrayHeart Jun 30 2018, 18:13 PM
QUOTE(SN0WBL4CK @ Jun 30 2018, 17:54 PM) *

Sure you can play when you are fresh and at your best only, but if you are able to play ffg, then why are u not able to play cw? If you want to try new strat, how will you know if it works unless you try it during a match when players give their best? (Which is cw).

^This. So much.

It doesn't hurt you if you count your FFG in cw.cc, and you only help boosting activity and hype!

QUOTE(SN0WBL4CK @ Jun 30 2018, 17:54 PM) *

You can keep lying to yourself and keep your precious stats as good as possible but it will not give u an accurate representation.
If everyone played for fun alone, there wouldn't be need for competitive gaming. I dont care who u are if u get beat 10 times in a row there is absolutely 0 fun in that. Getting better at this game is definitely a struggle and its definitely not fun all the time.

I agree this is not fun yeah. Especially when I go a 7-10min 1v1 against Ecthelion which is a player who smashes me the fastest these days.
And as you said, this is hard to get real good at this game. But as long as the gameplay is pretty smooth (no laggs and delays) it is really always fun to play.

Note: most of clanwars players today are real good. This is not the before 2010 era where there were tons of noobs or mediums at clanwars. Hence why so many GPs/pros of the golden era have so high career win%.

Look at top players' win% in June:

Ecthelion - 69
Imperialist - 68
Otto - 55
Vito - 55
Scorpion 61

Meanwhile when I played in before 2010 the very best players were usually over 85%.

If you have good players in clanwars it is logical your stats won't be great. If we moved all bfm2 players to cw I believe my win% would go over 50 biggrin.gif stats like these are OK these days, really.

This post has been edited by StrayHeart: Jun 30 2018, 18:16 PM

+
# 16SilverBane Jun 30 2018, 18:47 PM
QUOTE(SN0WBL4CK @ Jun 30 2018, 19:54 PM) *

No1 cares about other players stats, so why should you care? Those stats mean nothing what so ever, its just fun to have a competition of some sort which is registered somewhere. Those gold cups mean nothing, those win% mean nothing.

Oh, please. Like, do you guys even remember last month when echtelion wasn't able to find a game in the last tourney days? does that ring a bell? nobody cares about stats? please.
Playing at your worst against others at their best is no fun for me. I have done it before, and the frustration is too great when you know what you have to do but your brain simply cannot process the information. Another factor that greatly influences my activity is WHO i play with. I don't like playing with random guys, thats me and no one can change that. That's why I rarely play 1v1.
No, i don't enjoy going to clanwars.cc after every match that i play when im tired just because i cannot focus on my units. Maybe one wants to play a chill game after coming home without having to deal with the regular cw bullshit (dc or oos >>> AR, people don't agree about who was winning, people not reporting, people dodging rematch, people with bullshit host, etc). I have played many times cw even when tired If my teammate is someone i know (daryl, thorin, luigi or whoever I usually play with). But I'm not going to spam games with randoms just for the sake of a site.

+
# 17SN0WBL4CK Jun 30 2018, 19:10 PM
I said no1 cares about OTHER PLAYERS stats. Sure some noobs care about their own stats because they think “ if i have good win% other people will think i am good. But trust me, no1 is going to open your nickname and say oh wow that silverbane guy has 70% win rate.:0 omg i am so lucky to be alive in the same era as him.

Idk why bunito couldnt find a game in last day of the tourney. I wasnt online so i cant comment on that. If he got dodged because some1 wantes to get the gold pixel cup they should kill them selves.

I am not saying people dont dodge still. Sure they do even bunito dodged like a noob once. So yes people care anout their stats but that is just lying to them selves. because if you dodge for whatever reason your stats are already a lie so idk why people want to live the lies.

But imo if you can ffg but not cw because you “ dont feel well enough for cw” you are just wasting activity for no reason. Sure it is your own choice to do whatever you want. But if you play cw and lose no1 except you will care about your stats. However whether you cw or ffg your record vs players remains the same. It is only not registered on cw.

+
# 18StrayHeart Jun 30 2018, 19:10 PM
QUOTE(SilverBane @ Jun 30 2018, 19:47 PM) *

Maybe one wants to play a chill game after coming home without having to deal with the regular cw bullshit (...)

Every day I work 8 hours and travel to work like 1 hour or sometimes more. This is rather a matter of will, not being tired. Of course we can't force you, we only regret you don't turn it more active by your games.

I wonder as well what are other 1.09 players' reasons they do ffg over cw.

There also happen people to me who behave like idiots, don't report or something. I usually note or block them not to play them again. What's the problem?

+
# 19Infinity` Jun 30 2018, 20:30 PM
QUOTE(SilverBane @ Jun 30 2018, 01:32 AM) *

Are you for real? You tell me I never report when I had like one AR that got processed since i returned to this thing?

If the morale is that every game must be cw and AR-ed, I might aswell consider deleting my cw account. I don't want to deal with a totalitarianism system.

That literally is the definition of dodging. I don't care what type of excuse you use.

You aren't the first one to say something like that. Back when this game was thriving with the EA servers, you'd see people say similar stuff all the time, then five minutes later, they play a 1v1 vs a new or less skilled clan.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: League of Legends

+
# 20SilverBane Jun 30 2018, 22:40 PM
Im not using any excuse. Why should I excuse myself? My actions don't need approval from others.
Second, you should not imply that you know what I'm playing or not, because you don't know. More often than not im asking top players to play, so I highly doubt thats called a dodge. Also I avoid playing unknowns/newbs because its usually boring games. Dodging means you play lowbies and avoid top players, so you get a high win ratio. I do the opposite, but that doesnt mean im forced to play rated games or 1v1s when I don't feel well enough or simply can't be arsed.

You say clanwars activity brings old players back. Hah. Good joke. Maybe back to forums flaming, not playing. This is an old game, the original player base is no longer 15 yrs old and has to deal with real life issues, and won't have time to play for the most part. You blame me of dodging Infinity but I haven't seen you playing. Oh, or maybe you're smurfing, because you don't want people to know how bad you play nowadays? The hypocrisy is off the charts.

Do you know why I made a clanwars account again? So i could get games with good players, because playing noobs is lame and boring. The only reason I play this game is to have fun. Clanwars has never been fun. It's just a tool to get decent games for me. Having to report, and deal with shitty attitude from certain players, no thank you.

You see, your approach is totally wrong. You are trying to ruin people's fun by forcing them to play ranked when they dont feel like and to deal with the bullshit I mentioned. Most people will behave like total assholes when its a ranked game or competition. And I'm not willing to play these people. Want me to give you examples? I played some 2v2 with *certain high skilled player* as a guest some time ago, and we lost both games because I couldn't focus on my macro and micro. The complaints arrived shortly, I started getting lessons on how to play, and got from that player a "no answer to invites attitude" for days. If i played ffg I wouldnt have to deal with the douchebag attitude, because people don't care when they lose ffgs.
Also getting kicked as a possible guest for another * top* player because he believes im not good enough (even though there was no one else online at that time to play instead of me) is a 100% way to make me never want to deal with that player again. Tell me if that is not the definition of caring about stats. Saying that people don't care about cw losses is a BIG FAT LIE. There's evidence literally every single day.

Anyways, i am highly bothered by the attitude of several folks in here regarding a player's choice to play or not ranked. Continuing with this fascist mentality is only going to lose you activity, instead of gaining.

This post has been edited by SilverBane: Jun 30 2018, 22:51 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)