Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

how can I stop superweapons in both generals 1 and ZH?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1wajed Apr 9 2021, 12:02 PM
Hello

For the original Generals, I think I have to change INI.big
Is it by changing these?

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
SpecialPower SuperweaponScudStorm
Enum = SPECIAL_SCUD_STORM
ReloadTime = 300000 ; in milliseconds. min is 2x door/open close time!
InitiateSound = ScudStormInitiated
PublicTimer = Yes
ViewObjectDuration = 40000
ViewObjectRange = 250
RadiusCursorRadius = 200 ; align with ObjectCreationList.ini's DeliveryDecalRadius
End

and

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Fires particle uplink cannon!
;Author: Kris -- September 2002
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SpecialPower SuperweaponParticleUplinkCannon
Enum = SPECIAL_PARTICLE_UPLINK_CANNON
ReloadTime = 240000 ; in milliseconds
PublicTimer = Yes
ViewObjectDuration = 30000
ViewObjectRange = 250
End

where I have to change ReloadTime... will that do it?
I'm not sure, and I also don't know how to reach the section of China Nuke
Also, I don't know what for Generals ZH

+
# 2ScOtSmAn Apr 9 2021, 12:24 PM
Hey there, why would you want to? laugh.gif

I have to say though the only way I know of is through world builder and disabling the building on the map you wish to play.

There is yes ways to edit the files to do it, someone here will 100% know as there has been attempts at community patches before where they could change everything pretty much.

Clan: iWuB

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 3wajed Apr 9 2021, 13:43 PM
I think the game becomes much more frustrating with superweapons
(your all defenses getting destroyed suddenly, I wanna concentrate on the normal gameplay)

+
# 4ScOtSmAn Apr 9 2021, 17:05 PM
QUOTE(wajed @ Apr 9 2021, 14:43 PM) *

I think the game becomes much more frustrating with superweapons
(your all defenses getting destroyed suddenly, I wanna concentrate on the normal gameplay)

Have you had a look at some of the replays here? we have a whole section of replays dating back years.

Replay section - You just download any that interest you then put them into your replays folder!

You'll find most of them won't contain any superweapons and the focus is on the gameplay. They're also all player vs player.

Might help you a little with your gameplay smile.gif superweapons are fairly easy to counter since they're expensive!

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 5wajed Apr 9 2021, 18:41 PM
1 what are replays? are these videos?
2 how can they not contain any superweapons?
3 how can superweapons be countered, since being expensive? (so what if expensive??)
(thanks)

Also, if possible please help me with the steps to stop super weapons (as it could probably come in handy for me)

+
# 6krew Apr 9 2021, 18:54 PM
QUOTE(wajed @ Apr 9 2021, 12:41 PM) *

1 what are replays? are these videos?
2 how can they not contain any superweapons?
3 how can superweapons be countered, since being expensive? (so what if expensive??)
(thanks)

Also, if possible please help me with the steps to stop super weapons (as it could probably come in handy for me)

Some context might help you out, so I'll explain. This website domain contains mostly skilled top level players. The replays scotsman is talking about are replays you can watch from your replay button on the main menu of CCG. When you download a replay here, you put that document in your replay document folder of CCG. Then you start up the game, and navigate to "replays" on the main menu of CCG.

The replays posted here are game you can rewatch of other pro players. So when you say you don't understand how a sw is easy to counter, we all are basically looking at you confused. In top level games, super weapons are slow to build and expensive to make, and in fast pace top level games, that means they are risky to build.

We encourage you to watch these replays because you will learn a lot.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 7wajed Apr 9 2021, 19:02 PM
Thanks a lot for the explanation.

I just want to have this non-superweapon thing, and use it if needed (after I watch replays, or maybe after/to try my own take).. it's probably not hard?

+
# 8krew Apr 9 2021, 19:05 PM
QUOTE(wajed @ Apr 9 2021, 13:02 PM) *

I just want to have this non-superweapon thing, and use it if needed (after I watch replays, or maybe after/to try my own take).. it's probably not hard?

If you don't want to improve your skill in the game, the next best thing would be to make a map from world builder that does not allow SW. I don't know how to script that though.

your original method would change the game version/patch of the game, and no one would be able to play with you unless they have that same version as you.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 9FiRe^ArM Apr 9 2021, 19:09 PM
QUOTE(wajed @ Apr 10 2021, 00:32 AM) *

In competitive games, you rarely see players going for SW.
They have to spend 5k on it have to wait lot of time o use it.

Clan: WbG

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)