+
# 42THEDOM- Oct 7 2013, 05:22 AM
Btw this is cool too smile.gif

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 43-WaRPiG^ Oct 7 2013, 06:46 AM
QUOTE(xen0 @ Oct 7 2013, 12:06 PM) *
I will check it out.

I like this guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DAQrY9F2SA . He made this video for a email I sent him about another of his videos, where I couldn't get my fingers to go across 4 frets, and still can't tongue.gif

Yea exercises like that are good, except you need to play it down the fret board a bit to get a good stretch. Remember to always stretch your hand and fingers before practicing so you dont end up with carpel tunnel syndrome, or worse. I personally am not into playing that style I'm more of a blues/rock player. I enjoy listening to some metal, I love Megadeth, but i just cant get into playing it. I just dont get the same feeling as I do playing the blues.

Blues is a great music to learn when your starting out, because it is the back bone of most modern music. If you can play a basic blues minor pentatonic scale, you can pretty much jam to any kind of music, including metal smile.gif

Seen this site? http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/ Free mp3 backing tracks. It pays to listen before you download because some are pretty bad, but there are tones of good ones, and they are free. tongue.gif

Oh some mad blues guitar, This guy is my idol. drol.gif

Clan: AnZaC

Game: Generals 2

+
# 44xen0 Oct 7 2013, 09:16 AM
I know of that guy Steve Ray V. Not my thing tho. Metal kind of has it's origins from blues, but for me, as bad as it may be I play everything with my pedal on. Usually with the bottom & mid down low and the high right up there.

I downloaded Hydrogen drum machine to use as a metronome (save the tuner as thats annoying to use) so I can practice strumming in time. The end goal for that is to hammer that top E at 180+ BPM using 16th notes. I will check out the backing track site too. I seem to loose it when I try to have anything playing, like TNT I can do easily but if I try to play it with the song on I loose it.

I can play highway to hell fairly good, time of your life - greenday, TNT of corse tongue.gif, beautiful people - manson, trying a few other AC/DC here & there.

I just learned the opening & middle to this, but yeah when it speeds up I didn't even bother

I think my favorite song currently for the rift & rhythm is, really love the rhythm in this

Dom I think that looks pretty easy... Even by my standards.

Just had a quick look / listen to that backing track site, looks good. Have too move the amp near the PC so I can try the mp3 line in shit thing out.

This post has been edited by xen0: Oct 7 2013, 09:49 AM

Game: Hardware

+
# 45xen0 Oct 18 2013, 00:28 AM
Ordered some Dunlop Tortex sharp picks from ebay, seems fairly hard to find em local.

These things really seem to make a nice difference for me, especially on the triplets & 16th's. So much easier to just glide over the string with that tiny little point.

I ended up with a pack of .88mm and 1.35mm. Don't think I'll be using the 1.35's coz I didn't know they would be thick as the bathroom door. There is 0 flex in them, obviously and the ,88's have a little but not much. Those 1.5's must be like tree trunks.

IPB Image

+
# 46-WaRPiG^ Oct 26 2013, 21:46 PM
They are good picks I have used them a lot. They have the powder stuff on them when new right? They feel great to hold and dont get so slippery.

-E- How did you go with your strings?
I am playing at a brackets and jam session next month. I see if I can get some kind of recording to post up.

This post has been edited by -WaRPiG^: Oct 26 2013, 21:55 PM

+
# 47xen0 Oct 27 2013, 08:45 AM
Mine didn't come with any powder on them, and they are very smooth. The text is off mine already with the little time I spend using it. I have a fender one that has like sand paper grit on the top for grip, thats not bad to hold coz it doesn't move at all.

The buzz on the E stopped, then today i was up on the 8th fret and it was very noticeable again. This was with the amp off. I'm not game to touch the truss or string height adjuster things, but I did get the annotation w/e its called right for the 1st time.

+
# 48WaRCRiMM Oct 27 2013, 11:31 AM
It's like you guys are talking in Chinese tongue.gif

+
# 49-WaRPiG^ Oct 27 2013, 17:35 PM
QUOTE(xen0 @ Oct 27 2013, 19:45 PM) *

Mine didn't come with any powder on them, and they are very smooth. The text is off mine already with the little time I spend using it. I have a fender one that has like sand paper grit on the top for grip, thats not bad to hold coz it doesn't move at all.

The buzz on the E stopped, then today i was up on the 8th fret and it was very noticeable again. This was with the amp off. I'm not game to touch the truss or string height adjuster things, but I did get the annotation w/e its called right for the 1st time.

Does the neck look bowed at all? You might need an extra spring or 2 in back of tremlo. Take the cover off the back and see how many springs there are. I have some laying about if you want them.

+
# 50xen0 Oct 28 2013, 16:01 PM
QUOTE(WaRCRiMM @ Oct 27 2013, 21:31 PM) *

It's like you guys are talking in Chinese tongue.gif

hong dong 6 dim sim made from cat ?

QUOTE(-WaRPiG^ @ Oct 28 2013, 03:35 AM) *

Does the neck look bowed at all? You might need an extra spring or 2 in back of tremlo. Take the cover off the back and see how many springs there are. I have some laying about if you want them.

Will look in the morning sometime at the springs. Other day when I sighted down the neck it did, up at the top, but I'll re check that in the morning with natural light too. Well afternoon I should say coz i won't be awake to then wink.gif

+
# 51xen0 Oct 29 2013, 03:23 AM
Neck sighting pics any good to see the bend or straightness?

Attached Image

Attached Image

what are these springs doing ? Besides ripping my guy hair out if I don't put the cover back on.

Attached Image

+
# 52-WaRPiG^ Oct 29 2013, 04:55 AM
Its difficult to tell from a picture but it looks pretty straight.

The springs hold the tension to your tremlo. Seeing as you have put heavier strings on, they apply greater force on these springs when tuned up. So the back of your tremlo may be sitting slightly higher, and the front a little lower. this slightly changes the action. Try pressing the back of the tremlo down somehow, while playing. Wind the wammy bar in if you have it, that might make it easier. Pulling the bar up will compress the rear. If the buzz goes away, I would say this is your problem. You notice that there is space for 2 extra springs. I'm pretty sure I have some laying about I can send you If you want.

+
# 53xen0 Oct 29 2013, 05:32 AM
Could the weather be effecting it? It's hot again today and it's not buzzing, even tuned down to C it's fine. And all the strings had gone sharp over the past couple days I haven't touched it.

+
# 54-WaRPiG^ Oct 29 2013, 07:56 AM
The weather, in particular changes in humidity can effect guitars. I have a Maton acoustic that I bought from Queensland brand new. They are a really good quality hand made guitar, but after a month here in Tassie The neck warped out of shape dramatically. When I took it to the local approved repairer, he said it was the change in humidity. I guess extreme changes in temperatures could effect it as well, but as you know it doesnt get that hot here so I dont know from experience.

Oh I was going to mention it before. Have you thought of getting yourself an acoustic? They are so convenient to practice on, especially if your playing mostly chords. The action and neck on an acoustic make them a great work out, and when you get back on the electric its like your getting out of a Datsun 120Y and into a R8 Clubsport.

+
# 55Murder- Nov 15 2013, 15:35 PM
gay gay gay

Clan: Digital Militia

+
# 56xen0 Nov 17 2013, 01:01 AM
Go eat a tulip

+
# 57WaRCRiMM Nov 17 2013, 11:39 AM
Looks like yuou're really getting in this guitar business ah matty. How long does one expect it to take to master it?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)