Explore GameReplays...

Bad Company 2

The Squad Rush Tournament Has Been Cancelled

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1CrushNZ Oct 22 2010, 05:29 AM
Sadly I must announce that the Squad Rush Tournament has been cancelled due to a lack of teams signing up to compete.

Regards,
CrushNZ

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 2FoxTech Oct 22 2010, 05:33 AM
*cries*

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 3CrushNZ Oct 22 2010, 05:35 AM
sad.gif

+
# 4Panic! Gaming Oct 22 2010, 07:20 AM
that's a shame, was really looking forward to this one.

+
# 5CrushNZ Oct 22 2010, 09:42 AM
Same. sad.gif

+
# 6Panic! Gaming Oct 22 2010, 23:21 PM
Is there any chance for future competitions perhaps?

+
# 7CrushNZ Oct 23 2010, 00:43 AM
We can't be a 100% sure. The community doesn't seem to be there. But perhaps if Vietnam gives the competitive scene a revival.

+
# 8FoxTech Oct 23 2010, 23:07 PM
There is definatly a chance but there is no way we could commit to it now since in my opinon I think the expansion will come to little to late for the competitive community. At best, a low # of team tournament might be able to be generated immediately after the expansion, but after a month of release, we will see the continued decline.

It's a decently popular game and in my opinon the best First Person shooter out right now. However, it's a game with a troubled engine that current developers still on the BC2 project at DICE are having to re-learn that which had already been developed by the developers who moved onto other projects. Additionally the game seems to throw away the idea of a competitive community by making it as difficult as it could be with the need of additional over laying rules just to make a competitive tournament or league fun, and the lack of demo recording or first person spectator. A good competitive game is one that needs almost no rules outside what is already allowed by default game play and has functionality built into the game to allow the recording of rounds which you could argue that BC2 at least has Squad Deathmatch where you can play rounds without extra rules. But when you get into the higher end competitive game play and you see the same 4 man medic train rolling from point A to point B with immunity timers. I understand the tactic takes skill, but it is just not all that entertaining, especially since it can just smash any other tactic to pieces. This can be best understood with the following video. Of course this team that [FOX] played was very good, but there are better teams that can execute it even more to perfection. This video is recorded during a live match, and is unedited, so there are lots of emotions when your team name is on the line. Things are said and there is that process of disbelief, anger, then acceptance as with anything that doesn't go someones way but matters greatly.

This post has been edited by FoxTech: Oct 23 2010, 23:08 PM

+
# 97thb Point Feb 2 2011, 15:44 PM
7thb is up for another sqrush vietnam tournament! any1 elso too? vote yes here biggrin.gif. ive put you on our website gamereplay lets get things up again!

+
# 10tankeras Feb 28 2011, 10:33 AM
Please make a new tournament !!! I think I can provide at least 1 full squad ...

+
# 11CrushNZ Feb 28 2011, 21:22 PM
If anyone is interested in running a tournament, Personal message a senior member of staff with your plan and we'll see where we go from there. smile.gif

+

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)