Explore GameReplays...

OpenRA

many games dont have thumbnails of maps (and version?)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Noobmapmaker Oct 17 2015, 01:03 AM

Two issues reagarding replays.org & openra:

1) how does gamereplays.org deal with versions of OpenRA? Its a shame when people dont know from which version a replay is. They download them and.... cant watch them as it may not be supported by the latest release.

2) many games dont have thumbnails showing the map. It would be nice if gamereplays.org eventually does recognize them after some time. I dont know what is nescessary for this but if the uploader forgets to mention which map it is then the replay is rather useless.

+
# 2Frag Muffin Oct 17 2015, 08:51 AM
I uploaded a replay and it didn't know the map even though its a map that comes with OpenRA

+
# 3Murto the Ray Oct 17 2015, 14:24 PM
They do have the version; its below the title and to the right of the replay's uploader. Something saying that it is the current release would be nice though.

Game: OpenRA

+
# 4AggressivePanda Oct 20 2015, 18:36 PM
QUOTE(Noobmapmaker @ Oct 17 2015, 01:03 AM) *

Two issues reagarding replays.org & openra:

1) how does gamereplays.org deal with versions of OpenRA? Its a shame when people dont know from which version a replay is. They download them and.... cant watch them as it may not be supported by the latest release.

2) many games dont have thumbnails showing the map. It would be nice if gamereplays.org eventually does recognize them after some time. I dont know what is nescessary for this but if the uploader forgets to mention which map it is then the replay is rather useless.

Every time a patch comes in which there are many many patches I think that you must add it to the system in some way, im not an admin so I wouldn't know however I think I might know who will. biggrin.gif

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 5Noobmapmaker Oct 22 2015, 18:27 PM
If it cant be automated, then perhaps give the user (or other users?) the option to select the map from the resource center? (by entering a URL for example)

And yes, by now Ive noticed the version standing behind the game. But still its not very clear to see. Could be done more prominently because also the "games of the week" are pretty much all useless since they are from older versions...

+
# 6Cmd. Matt Nov 16 2015, 05:48 AM
It will be easier to extract the map hash and download the minimap using https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA-Resources/...minimap-by-hash when a user uploads a replay instead of keeping a selected few and quickly outdated revisions of thumbnails here.

Game: OpenRA

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)