Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

This shit has to stop

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1AgmLauncher Jun 20 2013, 05:56 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-06...0,3194906.story

It really does have to stop. With combined tax (state, sales, federal) rates approaching 50-60%, this nonsense can't be tolerated.

These iPads will be stolen, damaged, and used for every purpose OTHER than learning, and only a handful of people are footing the bill for this really bad idea.

Since fucking when did any government get this kind of unilateral authority to waste money in such a ridiculous way?

Where is the study that shows iPads will be cheaper or result in a better education? Where is the trial with a control group to determine just how beneficial iPads are to education?

Classic example of a bunch of fucking idiots not knowing how to fix the public education system, and then taking a "bold move" to look like they're actually doing something.

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 2GhostTX Jun 28 2013, 06:08 AM
Don't worry, they can get educated on the iPad while chowing down on their free breakfasts.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3Flamzypants Jul 2 2013, 17:05 PM
The school I was working at got 10 ipads for their library, but have no wifi around the school so they can't actually be used for anything T_T

Clan: [BORG]

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 4LoCk-On^ Jul 18 2013, 01:40 AM
Amazing how many places don't have wifi these days, including my department at uni!

+
# 5PePsI. Oct 8 2013, 04:40 AM
It worked out well

Clan: Death and Destiny

+
# 6AgmLauncher Oct 8 2013, 13:50 PM
Awesome....

I wish Apple or some company would release a pure education version though. The entire OS and app store it connects to is purely for educational purposes, and is worthless for anything else. This keeps students focused on what they need to focus on, and makes stealing the device pointless. They can be made cheaply since they don't need a powerful processor or graphics processor, and their battery life will be greatly improved.

The tricky part is that you need to give students some kind of web browser, but with so many web-based messaging tools, HTML5 games, and other things, a browser is the weak link in the chain.

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 7ArMaGeN Oct 10 2013, 07:01 AM
QUOTE(AgmLauncher @ Oct 8 2013, 13:50 PM) *

Awesome....

I wish Apple or some company would release a pure education version though. The entire OS and app store it connects to is purely for educational purposes, and is worthless for anything else. This keeps students focused on what they need to focus on, and makes stealing the device pointless. They can be made cheaply since they don't need a powerful processor or graphics processor, and their battery life will be greatly improved.

The tricky part is that you need to give students some kind of web browser, but with so many web-based messaging tools, HTML5 games, and other things, a browser is the weak link in the chain.

How did you come up with all this bullshit?

+
# 8CheeKy` Nov 12 2013, 00:04 AM
QUOTE(ArMaGeN @ Oct 10 2013, 09:01 AM) *

How did you come up with all this bullshit?

I don't understand why you think this is bullshit. The issue here is that kids can still play games on their iPad, if that would be removed and kids could only use their iPads for school related work then I don't see much of a problem.

Replacing books etc. with tablets isn't a bad idea by itself but you shouldn't be handing out iPads without thinking things through.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/7-steve-jobssch.../416562-11.html

Clan: Teh Memberz

Game: None

+
# 9ArMaGeN Nov 17 2013, 18:58 PM
I don't think that children not studying should be blamed on ipads. Give them the reason to study and they will. But not a lot of people feel like it's worth to study since life will be shit anyways.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)