Generals 2

C&C December 2012 Community Summit - Hands On Report

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 201Elletg Jan 27 2013, 11:59 AM
Yes

Game: Generals 2

+
# 202-Darth^ Jan 28 2013, 13:51 PM
Well i liked the system that works in CoH.. Althou it would be pretty tough to implement it into the CNC setting..

One thing i'm missing in CCG/ZH is a flamethrower infantry, since flamethrower was really good at urban warfare iirc..

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 203triumph Feb 2 2013, 05:55 AM
It's a shame to hear about the infantry being cosmetic as I would have loved to see the game that inspired squad based game play take the squads a step forward. Oh well. Anywayz...

So this tidbit makes me wonder if armored units still have the cavalry style crush as a count to infantry or will we see wonky things happen like in COH?

Infantry crush is important to CnC for everyone, be it someone having a casual laugh at the squish sound or a pro microing an ambo over tank hunters that are trying to pop time bombs onto said ambo.

One thing i'm missing in CCG/ZH is a flamethrower infantry, since flamethrower was really good at urban warfare iirc..

I felt the same way which is why I made sure those were in Boss Gens for China.

Clan: EPIC

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 204-Darth^ Feb 4 2013, 03:48 AM
I never understood how the crushing system in CoH works? The units try to dodge on their own but they're still crushable? It always seemed to me like it worked that way which is pretty random to me. I don't like randomization in games. (Spec attacks in DoW2 are a good example, be it unlucky proc for Chaos Lord that makes his Kill the Weak have no effect or lucky procs that make a hero on low life almost wipe your high model squad)

+
# 205Couch Feb 4 2013, 07:22 AM
The randomization concept of CoH is basically that there's so many randomized elements - like every bullet that is shot for example - it doesn't matter too much if you're lucky or unlucky with something once.

CoH is the most competitive non-Blizzard RTS xD

Game: None

+
# 206-Darth^ Feb 5 2013, 02:57 AM
True, still the random element is really something that should be eliminated from competetive games..

For example, I stopped playing Risk after like 2 games, because of the huge randomization involved. You get the same units, yet 1 can beat 10 if you're unlucky with the dice.. That's extremely discouraging and pretty boring, at least to me..

+
# 207Ang3lic Feb 5 2013, 16:47 PM
QUOTE(-Darth^ @ Feb 4 2013, 22:57 PM) *

True, still the random element is really something that should be eliminated from competetive games..

For example, I stopped playing Risk after like 2 games, because of the huge randomization involved. You get the same units, yet 1 can beat 10 if you're unlucky with the dice.. That's extremely discouraging and pretty boring, at least to me..

There is a pretty distinct difference between random faction and the "randomness" in risk.

In the case of risk each player is given the same exact amount of dice to roll for both attack and defense for each turn. There is no unfair advantage given to any of the players. With the use of random faction that is not the case. The player that chooses to go random actually does have a fairly dramatic advantage as they know which faction they are facing from the start. If they do leave random in the faction should be revealed at the loading screen or prior to the start of the game tongue.gif

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 208Couch Feb 5 2013, 17:44 PM
I agree. Though random faction wasn't exactly what we were talking about.

Game: None

+
# 209Ang3lic Feb 5 2013, 18:36 PM
QUOTE(Couch @ Feb 5 2013, 13:44 PM) *

I agree. Though random faction wasn't exactly what we were talking about.

My apologies, I mis-read the post tongue.gif Damn me and my millions of tabs post-13661-1143531603.gif

Game: Act of Aggression

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)