Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

CoH Replay Analyser

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 121AmiPolizeiFunk Mar 27 2007, 23:28 PM
I love seeing my opponents server chat after a hot 2v2.

Clan: Reborn

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 122mwaf Mar 28 2007, 07:18 AM
QUOTE(phor @ Mar 28 2007, 01:10 AM) *

Allright thanks.. I redownloaded it from your page, but the problem persists. I guess its false alarm then.

mwaf: What is that md5sum command? It doesnt work in my dos-prompt. It says the command could not be found. I'm using winXP

Thanks

Hmm, I'm using WinXP as well, perhaps I've installed md5sum sometime myself. Anyway, it's a program that calculates a hash which is unique to that file, sort of a signature. If a trojan would have inserted code into cohra.exe, that hash signature would have been different.

See Wiki: md5sum and/or Wikipedia: Hash functions if you're interested in knowing more.

+
# 123Dyxtra Apr 4 2007, 18:06 PM
Hello folks, new version available for your downloading pleasure over here smile.gif

Changelog 0.5
=============================
* Map View Player changes:
---> Added option to show text description of commands.
---> Added option to synchronize Command Log to Map View.
---> Added coordinate based unit commands.
---> Added special abilities that call in off-map units.
---> Added option to keep construction commands always visible when using small time ranges.
---> Map View Player screen is now resizable.
---> Optimized cumulative drawing speed when playing by ~500%.
* Added Halftrack load/unload commands.
* Added coordinates to applicable building/vehicle exit commands.
* Added time of last command to Command Statistics, useful to see if a player dropped from a team game.
* Re-enabled AI data for Command Statistics and Map View.
* Split Command Statistics in two panes for easier viewing.
* Fixed missing 105mm Howitzer Barrage, Attack Move variants, right-click exit building commands.
* Fixed problem with closed slots.

And I've tried my best to add unit tracking to the analyzer, but it's just not feasible with the (lack of) info stored in the replay. Bummer.

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 124ramses Apr 5 2007, 15:20 PM
Hi Dyxtra

i love your analyse tool

is it possible to show which side win or loose?

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 125Sepha Apr 5 2007, 15:36 PM
Thanks this is really helpfull, after renrep wasn't being updated anymore I know what replay to rename when I post one now! thum.gif

Clan: Insane

+
# 126Dyxtra Apr 5 2007, 18:13 PM
QUOTE(ramses @ Apr 5 2007, 17:20 PM) *

Hi Dyxtra

i love your analyse tool

is it possible to show which side win or loose?

Win/lose info isn't stored afaik. I could do some guesswork which side most likely won but I'm not a big fan of guessing tongue.gif

+
# 127Hydrogen Apr 5 2007, 18:55 PM
I still don't understand how the replay can not store when units die. Whether shots hit or not is random. If it doesn't store whether the shot hit or not, how will CoH know whether the shot hit when playing the replay?

+
# 128Dyxtra Apr 5 2007, 19:15 PM
QUOTE(Hydrogen @ Apr 5 2007, 20:55 PM) *

I still don't understand how the replay can not store when units die. Whether shots hit or not is random. If it doesn't store whether the shot hit or not, how will CoH know whether the shot hit when playing the replay?

I've pondered that issue myself, but I asked Relic and they confirmed that info isn't stored in the replay which was in line with my own findings. Maybe it's magic ohmy.gif I think random seeds are strewn throughout the file though, maybe those are used?

+
# 129mwaf Apr 5 2007, 19:48 PM
QUOTE(Hydrogen @ Apr 5 2007, 21:55 PM) *

Randomness in games is often based on a random seed. That is, a sequence of random numbers that can be generated based on an initial key. That key is randomly created at the beginning of the game and stored in the replay. The game can then count the same seed of random number for the game from that key. Consequently, only the movement commands need to be stored in the replay, the game can calculate the rest. This also means that modding/patching the game will result in sync errors. Example of out of sync could be the case where A shoots at B and then B decides to move to location C, and after a patch, unit A is buffed and unit B nerfed so that A instakills B and the game will get an Sync error for moving unit B since it doesn't exist anymore.

Obivously I do not know the exact details of how replays work in CoH so I might be wrong.

+
# 130AmiPolizeiFunk Apr 5 2007, 20:01 PM
Hi dude. Love your tool. Many thanks for it.

I had a 2v2 game with a friend the other day. About 1/2way through, one of our opponents dropped. Then suddenly the other team got really strong and this one player controlling both armies nearly beat us (Airborne & AT guns pwn on Hill). I was wondering how he microed so well on such a huge map with so many units so I looked to your analyzer for some answers.

But sadly, all I got was a bunch of bugged out data. Here's the replay, perhaps you can have a look.

The Allies player that remained throughout the game was "concentration"...

Attached File whu.rec
Size: 618.27k
Number of downloads: 16
Player Name Side Team
Kuutti 1
concentration 1
FOLDGPLYeDATAINFOIAmiP 2
Lynskey 2

Clan: Reborn

+
# 131Dyxtra Apr 6 2007, 18:24 PM
QUOTE(AmiPolizeiFunk @ Apr 5 2007, 22:01 PM) *

But sadly, all I got was a bunch of bugged out data. Here's the replay, perhaps you can have a look.

Ah yes, the dreaded combination of random positions, closed slots and no chat to verify. Two players were assigned the starting position (that value is used in commands) of closed slots here, which is why no commands were logged for them. Will fix this for the next release.

+
# 132Zemken Apr 7 2007, 00:13 AM
QUOTE(AmiPolizeiFunk @ Mar 27 2007, 18:28 PM) *

I love seeing my opponents server chat after a hot 2v2.

No doubt, you can see the way they are thinking.
Props to Dyxtra.
Its a pretty titties program bro. banana.gif

This post has been edited by Zemken: Apr 7 2007, 00:16 AM

+
# 133.nide Apr 11 2007, 05:04 AM
great program, love the new version tongue.gif

Clan: ArX

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 134CoHNoobie Apr 11 2007, 17:43 PM
Awesome, awesome program woot, woot, way to go!!! This is such a helpful tool for Noobs and Pros, many thanks for it.

I was wondering, I wasn't able to see a satchel charge on the unit commands from my Airborne, is this by design?

+
# 135Dyxtra Apr 11 2007, 20:51 PM
QUOTE(Zemken @ Apr 7 2007, 02:13 AM) *

Its a pretty titties program bro. banana.gif

Haha best compliment yet laugh.gif

QUOTE(CoHNoobie @ Apr 11 2007, 19:43 PM) *

Awesome, awesome program woot, woot, way to go!!! This is such a helpful tool for Noobs and Pros, many thanks for it.

I was wondering, I wasn't able to see a satchel charge on the unit commands from my Airborne, is this by design?

If you are talking about the Map View, when you throw a satchel charge in a building it won't show up because that command does not have coordinates but uses building IDs (same goes for grenades into buuildings).

+
# 136Dyxtra May 4 2007, 17:19 PM
Hey guys, small update for 1.6 compatibility: http://coh.dyxtra.com

Changelog 0.6
=============
- Added COH 1.6 support.
- Added support for maps: Langres, St. Mere Dumont, Wrecked Train.

As far as I can tell 1.6 only changed the construction IDs, if you find any things that I missed please let me know!

Haven't been working on cohra due to time constraints so no other updates/fixes/changes this time, sorry.

+
# 137Eris May 31 2007, 04:17 AM
noobish question:

where's where it says the winner in the Analyzer?

+
# 138Dyxtra May 31 2007, 20:44 PM
It doesn't show who won the game I'm afraid!

// edit: After a quick test 0.6 seems to be working with COH 1.7, please let me know if I missed something.

This post has been edited by Dyxtra: May 31 2007, 20:46 PM

+
# 139JK47 May 31 2007, 22:50 PM
Love the programme man. Quick question tho. At the top of the analyzer is that small graphic which I know is from the laoding screen from like the 3rd campaign mission. You wouldn't happen to have a link to the full size pic would you? (need a new desktop backgorund) Cheers! thumb.gif

+
# 140Dyxtra Jun 1 2007, 17:41 PM
Here you go.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)