Knights of the Eternal Throne

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Miho Nov 14 2016, 16:40 PM

Knights of the Fallen Empire

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: Hardware

+
# 2Locutus Nov 14 2016, 20:08 PM
Cool, you play SWTOR! So do I, been subbed for 2 years. I'm leader of the "Space Balls" guild. laugh.gif

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3Miho Nov 14 2016, 23:48 PM
Yes, I do, been subbed for over 4 years now. It's still a great game even after all the changes. Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen that guild before, but it could have been a rip-off. What server do you play on?

+
# 4Locutus Nov 15 2016, 15:25 PM
We're on US Shadowlands although everyone else moved on to other games so it's mostly just me now. I have 2 guilds, "Space Balls" for Empire and "Space Ballz" for Republic and we're the original guild by that name. I couldn't believe my eyes when the name went through, I thought for sure someone would already have taken it.

Of course as the guild leader on the dark side I'm PrezidentSkroob and my light side counterpart is PrinceLoanstar. I have many maxed toons and they all wear skimpy outfits, big boobs, etc. laugh.gif

We were once a massive guild running all over the place, helping everyone and fighting every battle so you probably have seen us around if you've been on our server. I still have most of the guys on the roster but they're AWOL. I haven't played that much lately either but I'm gonna get back on the speeder again.

+
# 5Miho Nov 15 2016, 17:00 PM
I have one toon on SL running PUGs occasionally with people from Corrupted Souls, Entity, LOS, Hates You etc. So yea, that's probably were I saw your guild before. Since the death of Pot5/all PvP servers I'm mainly on JC these days though. If you ever see an Operative by the name Stabigail (I main Concealment, see what I did there? biggrin.gif) on SL, that's me.

This post has been edited by Miho: Nov 15 2016, 17:05 PM

+
# 6Locutus Nov 17 2016, 23:00 PM
Cool, I hope to find you one the battlefield. I'm the half naked hot chick wielding a dual saber, or another toon also half naked wielding blasters and rockets. biggrin.gif

+
# 7Miho Nov 18 2016, 14:52 PM
Well, as I said, I'm only on SL for occasional PUGs and the new Command System will prevent me from getting gear on SL as I won't spend hundreds of hours grinding there. I'll just focus on my legacy on JC. This way I can at least legacy swap gear over to my other characters.

+
# 8Locutus Nov 18 2016, 17:18 PM
You can character transfer too, if you wanted to. I forget all of the details though, I've never transferred between servers, I know some of my guys did this in the past and didn't lose anything but that was before Fallen Empire. It costs Cartel coins and I know you lose your guild, don't remember what happens to strongholds. I have 11k coins so that's no biggie but I'm not risking the loss of my guild.

Do you have one of the original key fob security keys?

+
# 9Miho Nov 18 2016, 17:51 PM
I know I can transfer, I actually transferred a lot before. As I said, I used to be on Pot5, then I transferred everything to JC. My point was just, with all my legacy, my 5 decorated Strongholds, my 30+ characters, I will invest most my time on JC and won't really feel like doing twice the work just to play on 2 servers. With the way gear works right now, thats no big issue, but in 5.0 I see some dark times coming. Seeing I'm a NiM raider, I have a lot of work ahead of me to get the highest rated gear. sad.gif Maybe I'll transfer a bit around when they do a 90cc sale again, but no way I'm gonna spend 1000cc.

And yes, I do have one of these fobs. Why?

+
# 10Locutus Nov 18 2016, 19:25 PM
No worries, you don't have to transfer, was just making small talk. smile.gif

I was asking about the fob because I wanted one for the longest time but they quite making and selling them. You can find one online for outrageous prices. I finally bought a smartphone a while back so it's no biggie now, I use the app.

I got locked out of my account the other day and had to call customer service. The one time password stopped sending emails, so I switched to the security app.

+
# 11Miho Nov 18 2016, 19:52 PM
You dont even need the smartphone app anymore. In june of last year they switched to RFC 6238 TOTP standard. Which means you can just use Google Authenticator on a mobile device, or WinAuth on Windows. If you use other apps like Steam or want to protect other MMOs such as Wildstar you can do it with just one app smile.gif While everything is working I wouldn't bother changing things around, but you should totally keep that in mind.

Are you just playing casually or are you also playing some of the harder content? I'm currently sitting at 55075 achievement points biggrin.gif I pretty much do everything the game has to offer.

This post has been edited by Miho: Nov 18 2016, 19:59 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 12Locutus Nov 21 2016, 19:44 PM
I'm mostly casual but I pay for the game so I'm all about completion of everything they have to offer (and it's fun). I was more competitive a few months ago but that was when I had a team to work with. There's something to be said for having a team that you know, hanging on TeamSpeak, and playing all hours of the day or night.

I'll keep that authentication in mind, I didn't know that, thank you. I don't play any other MMO's these days. Star Trek Online is nothing but a grind fest now and they keep adding more and more grind content just to max out the latest gear (which you don't even need if you have one year old gear like mine). It's a time killer but boring as hell. I only log in the play the seasonal events.

+
# 13Miho Nov 22 2016, 15:51 PM
I know what you mean. I used to have teams, many of them, as you can tell by my achievements, but sadly some people lose interest way too quick when something doesn't go their way. I don't even remember how many teams fell apart. It's just so many. Lately, the only thing people ever want to do is getting more Revanchist titles. I start to hate the Revan fight so much because of it.

I also agree, grinding is boring, especially if the grind itself is very dull. Main reason I stopped Diablo 3 very quick, and I'm afraid SWTOR is turned into a big boring grindfest as well with the introduction of the Galactic Command System next week. I mean, 300 command ranks, and the lootboxes have no guaranteed setpieces or purple gear. I saw on stream how one of the devs opened 4 crates (about 4 hours of work) and it dropped 4 green gear pieces. Just sigh.

I consider myself a very good SWTOR player, so gear doesn't matter too much for me when it comes to clearing content (HM/NiM), but to compete with other good players gear is needed, because at the same skill level your gear will determine who will be the higher DPS. That silly command rank isn't even going to be legacy wide. I can't believe Bioware is honestly expecting their playerbase to grind out every character they want to play for 300+ hours.

+
# 14Locutus Nov 23 2016, 22:43 PM
I hear ya, give me content, good content, I'll even grind if it's not boring and I'll pay you for rolling out decent content on a regular basis. But don't make me grind boring content for items that I'll never need or use, or force me to grind forever just for a slight chance to get something good.

I loved STO so much and they even rolled out some decent content and updates at the beginning of their "grind" campaign but it didn't take long to ruin the game. That's why I switched to SWTOR and tbh I was very happy with the swap but I do still miss the great times I spent on STO, I played it for years, invested a decent chunk of cash, and spent hundreds of sleepless nights having the time of my life. I even went with the flow before leaving, I was grinding for all the latest gear and didn't mind at first but after a while even my favorite levels and places to grind became so robotic and boring that I came to hate my favorite aspects of the game.

I better brush the dust off my mouse and go game before the launch. I truly hope SWTOR doesn't circle the drain, I'm not moving to yet another mmo.

+
# 15Miho Nov 24 2016, 13:05 PM
Never played STO, mainly because ST doesn't interest me at all, but I can see how that becomes very frustrating and boring. It's sad when devs can't deliver new content frequently. I don't even want much, but an Update like Oricon would be so amazing. A new planet (well, moon, and it was juat a daily hub with a small size), new dailies and weeklies, new gear, new reputation, 2!!! new operations. That was still the best update outside of the actual expansions. Bioware and Star Wars have so much potential, but all their effort is wasted in systems or updates they just abandon after a while (GSF, Priority Operations... lol).

I don't even know any other game where devs actually removed content. Fair enough, NiM EV and KP were super easy and just slightly harder than their HM counterparts since there weren't any new mechanics involved, but I still don't get why they removed them and the titles that came with them. Without the addition of new content, why would anyone ever remove what is already there and limit their playerbase even more? I don't understand that concept at all.

Not to mention all the non-justfied nerfs. Just because some players can not beat a Hard Mode (Lost Island back in the day, Blood Hunt, Battle of Rishi, or even the Czerka ones) they get nerfed to the ground? They are called Hard Mode for a reason. It's so many things that just don't make any sense.

Yesterday, they also announced 90cc character transfers (starting this tuesday). That's gonna be the death for a few servers once again.

+
# 16Segway Mar 16 2017, 22:11 PM
Miho just accept the fact you are wrong

Some people...

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 17Taterz Apr 15 2017, 21:47 PM
disgusting

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 18Anarchy May 6 2017, 23:15 PM
HoN's back, bitches!

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 19AlanLatino May 22 2017, 20:22 PM
hi lads

+
# 20Ryze Jun 8 2017, 18:12 PM
QUOTE(Anarchy @ May 6 2017, 23:15 PM) *

HoN's back, bitches!

In what way?

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)