Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Hero's Stand mod beta.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1lelderlAp0C Dec 30 2008, 21:01 PM
Just to let you know, that everyone is invited (begged) to join me in a playtest of my "Hero's Stand" mod on Sunday February 8th.

Hopefully we can have an Afternoon (evening) playtest for a few hours starting around 7 PM GMT (for European folks).

Then we can have another in the evening say around 7pm EST continuing on throughout the evening.

SO please help contribute to an experience that will reignite the love of middle-earth warfare in a mod that pits the best Hero's of the war between the forces of good and evil.

Some features....

-Control and "be" your hero with and RPG like feel, as it is your main unit. Victory and defeat hinges on your hero's survival.

-In the spirit of TF2, everybody has a unique role that they must contribute to the team. The classes of King, Warrior, Wizard, and Guard all pose different challenges and responsibilities.

-Wage war on a massive and detailed battleground that is designed from the bottom up for this mod. The north passage, the mines, the central passage, the mountain, and the southern passage all hold unique challenges and benefits that will pose many decisions for your team. Strategy is not scarce in this mod.

-Capture unique points on the map to unlock new powers and upgrades. Although unit production is still derived from you economy, upgrades and powers are earned through tactics.

-Income is derived from smiting creeps, and capturing points.

-Teamplay like none you have ever seen in an RTS setting. Wage war with your team in never ceasing struggle to control more of the central passage. Its head on front line warfare here. Explore unique relationships. A warrior is all the more potent with a Wizard healing him, and the Wizards magic is nothing without the blade of the warrior to protect him. Divide your troops to conquer terrain all the faster. Or unite them to have a potent force that complements each other.

-Relearn your favorites hero's as they have been revamped from the bottom up to suit their role. Aragorn, Theoden, Gandalf, and Faramir lock horns with The Blackrider, The WitchKing, Saruman and Lurtz. The difference being now they ALL have a fancy rank 10 power. Faramir, Lurtz, and The Blackrider all receive a new rank 10 power.

-Though there is more emphasis on Hero's, still expect massive armies that will require attentive control. From soldiers, orcs, catapults and trebuchets, to new units that play an integral role in this gameplay, such as powerful single Rohirrim and Spiderrider scouts.

-Battle for the one ring you always wanted. Instead of randomly having gollum run around the map, the one ring is now the pinnacle achievement in this gameplay. Fight your way all the way into your enemies territory to unlock gollum in their shine. Then be in for an epic struggle of will, as both teams clash. One to defend gollum until they can return with him to their base, and one furiously trying to kill Gollum. If you can get him back to your base, you can then control the power of the ring hero's. Gollum is very slow moving, and makes for gameplay that was inspired by Goldrush gameplay in Team Fortress 2.

Now I am giving you lots of warning ahead of time, so you can have BFME2 installed by the time playtest comes. I consider this a personal favor if you attend! Please and thank you.

Mark you calendar for that day please!

This post has been edited by |elder|Ap0C: Dec 30 2008, 21:10 PM

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 2Adamskidrummer Dec 30 2008, 21:29 PM
Im in, Im free most days before next week, then back to work...

Clan: Marvel Super Heroes

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 3ArchAngel Dec 30 2008, 21:31 PM
Is this your mod Ap0C? The title leads one to think it could belong to a certain other member if you get my drift.

Clan: |elder| & |eldar|

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 4lelderlAp0C Dec 30 2008, 21:56 PM
I was going to call it "A hero's Stand" or "heroic Alliance" There are too many things with the word Alliance in the name.

Are you in????

+
# 5ArchAngel Dec 30 2008, 22:02 PM
Can I just install the game then your mod or do I have to put all that other babytest garbage on it first?

+
# 6The Poet Dec 30 2008, 22:07 PM
Cool. I'll try to be there.... but I started redeveloping interest in BFME by playing BFME1 w/o any patches (reminiscing my first out of the box experience - a 6 hour 1v1 w/ my bro).... This mod will have to be truly something to reinterest me into BFME2.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 7lelderlAp0C Dec 31 2008, 00:44 AM
Can I just install the game then your mod or do I have to put all that other babytest garbage on it first?

You just need official 1.06

This mod will have to be truly something to reinterest me into BFME2.

Its about as similar to BFME1 as it is to BFME2. Maybe more similar to BFME1. Its really a whole different experience.

As the warrior class on FOL you get a hobbit. whistling.gif

+
# 8ArchAngel Dec 31 2008, 01:17 AM
Ok, but Feb 8th? That is a long time away, how come?

+
# 9lelderlAp0C Dec 31 2008, 01:32 AM
A. I have work to do on it still.

B. It is 4v4. I want to make sure I know who can come. This gives you lots of notice in advance.

The previous weekend of the 31st has GSP fighting BJ Penn on Saturday, and the superbowl on sunday. Thats a pretty full weekend. tongue.gif

The weekend before that seemed to soon to finish it in time.

+
# 10Azamon Dec 31 2008, 09:26 AM
Im in, ill mark my agenda!

We need 8 players, if we have 7 it dont work so everybody join, we cant let all that effort go to waste!

+
# 11lelderlAp0C Dec 31 2008, 19:17 PM
Ya. We need 7 European players, and 7 North American players for each of the respective playtests.

But of course you can some to either one if you want.

So maybe if you can come, say to which one.

+
# 12Amort Jan 2 2009, 07:53 AM
We need 8 players, if we have 7 it dont work so everybody join, we cant let all that effort go to waste!

So true!

Im in!

And this mod look interesting also.

Game: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

+
# 13Azamon Jan 2 2009, 08:01 AM
QUOTE(|elder|Ap0C @ Dec 31 2008, 20:17 PM) *

Ya. We need 7 European players, and 7 North American players for each of the respective playtests.

But of course you can some to either one if you want.

So maybe if you can come, say to which one.

dont matter to me wich team I join, lets see what happens

+
# 14lelderlAp0C Jan 7 2009, 01:30 AM
Bombadil , Greyblob, you guys in????

Also, could someone pin this please?

Thanks

+
# 15ZinzanChoo Jan 13 2009, 09:47 AM
I'm more than likely in !!

+
# 16Azamon Feb 3 2009, 09:18 AM
are we still on people? its comming sunday!

+
# 17Mr.Shankly Apr 9 2009, 02:43 AM
Hmm i can help for things if you want.

Btw, i know its possible to change skins in bfme2, and still play online with yourr different skin, and it wont have any ooS issues.

Is that also the same for the models (or w.e you call them). or would they go OoS?

Your help would be appreciated, and sorry for the thread hi-jack tongue.gif.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: StarCraft 2

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)