Explore GameReplays...

Bad Company 2

Hardcore Guide

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Moliat Feb 22 2011, 16:14 PM
QUOTE(TroubleMakerCnC @ Feb 20 2011, 23:42 PM) *

I think if console player writing the guide/tip he should check the math part for all the systems.

The in-game stats and multipliers are identical on all platforms.

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 22TroubleMakerCnC Feb 22 2011, 16:38 PM
We already figured out that at4 on PC have the same speed as cg and some stuff from latest patch are still different. BTW I thought you're pro pilot and stuff but some guy told me that not anyone console gamer can be considered as a BF pro pilot compare to BF2 expert pilots skillz. :\

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 23Moliat Feb 22 2011, 16:44 PM
QUOTE(TroubleMakerCnC @ Feb 22 2011, 16:38 PM) *

BTW I thought you're pro pilot and stuff but some guy told me that not anyone console gamer can be considered as a BF pro pilot compare to BF2 expert pilots skillz. :\

I'm not quite sure what this is supposed to mean, but I'll respond according to my interpretation: there is no reason to assume "pro" console pilots aren't good simply because they are playing on a console. Sure we have the joystick making large and long-lasting movements easier, but we lack the fine-tuning of aiming that a mouse offers. Also, I used to be the clan pilot in Battlefield Vietnam (PC), plus I flew a lot in BF2 (PC) and BF2142 (PC), so I dare say I know my way around in a cockpit on the PC as well.

In the end it doesn't really matter what people think of my capabilities on the battlefield, but I will not support groundless accusations against 1/3 (or rather 1/4 or 1/5, considering there are more PC players than Xbox 360 and PS3) of everyone who fly helicopters in Bad Company 2.

+
# 24Locutus Feb 22 2011, 21:31 PM
I'll check out this guide tonight as I love BC2 content. smile.gif

I've cleaned the topic and I know some of you wrote some good stuff in regards to consoles vs PC but this isn't the place for it. Please take it to PM.

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 25Walderschmidt Feb 23 2011, 20:53 PM
Thank you for all your praise and responses.
Now for some responses of my own.

QUOTE(RaGe` @ Feb 20 2011, 12:22 PM) *

I think the hardcore mode with one-shot snipers and a camping play style requires less skill

Statistically, it is impossible to one shot person with a sniper rifle from over 60 meters
http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

The exceptions to this rule are the M40 and the M95 which can one shot kill when equipped with magnum ammo which increases their damage to 62.5 and 68.75 respectively. And, of course, headshots kill in one shot.

QUOTE(A1dan @ Feb 20 2011, 13:35 PM) *

A decent write up thank you. However there is one thing mentioned that I see over and over and its just wrong. Everyone I ask Why do you prefer hardcore the answer you always get is "it takes a whole clip to kill in normal mode." No it takes 6 rounds or in most cases less you just need to be accurate and understand deviation, moving accuracy and recoil/burst firing. But anyway thats my 2ct other than that interesting read.

In my limited experience playing in normal mode, for me, it felt like it took a ridiculous amount of bullets to down a single enemy with most weapons.

Even if you are correct, and my aim was simply pitiful, it still felt that way. I thought many people who played hardcore felt the same way, and that is why I worded the beginning as such.

The point is that it seems easier to kill your enemies and to be killed by them in hardcore than in normal mode. It feels more equal. Even a skillful player can be caught off guard and taken out with ease if he isn't careful. Its unpredictability and gritty (for lack of a better word) feel that makes hardcore mode so addictive to me.

QUOTE(TroubleMakerCnC @ Feb 20 2011, 23:42 PM) *

Hardcore is for noobs with no aim/understanding what's going on. You can't check minimap constantly to know the situation on battlefield and planning your next moves - play the mode where is no minimap. You can't aim for shit, you camping in a corner with cg waiting someone run by and you will launch rocket in his ass? (tho if pc player survive the blast he usually turn back and own the incest victim) - play hardcore.

No hardcore mode is not for noobs.
Not being able to check the minimap constantly to know the situation on the battlefield is a handicap and thus makes it harder to accomplish things. Not having virtual cross hairs makes it more difficult to fire from the hip and to use mounted machineguns. Having 40% less health makes it harder to stay alive. Not being able to regenerate health makes it even more difficult to stay alive. If hardcore mode is more difficult, then why would it be for noobs? Have you even played hardcore mode?

You are right. Team damage is on and team killing is a (minor) problem in hard core. Your mistake is to say that it is hard core mode's fault that team killing happens. The real fault lies with the retards that do it on purpose.

In my experience, no one camps in corners with a Carl Gustav. I've played over 130 hours of Hard core mode and never seen anyone camp with a Carl Gustav. I didn't play this game when it first game out, but the hardcore climate at the moment sees no CG spam.

With some of the claims you make, it seems your online moniker is appropriate.

QUOTE(Lethal_Sting @ Feb 20 2011, 20:24 PM) *

Vehicle health never changes from normal to hardcore...

Nor the damage from mines nor rockets...

And afaik all can be adjusted in normal:
Spotting
Health / Health Regen
Killcam
minimap / HUD

Also "Carl Gustav because it does the most damage to helicopters out of all the rocket launchers and its projectiles fly the fastest"

Umm no?

CG does the least damage, and the AT4 is same speed.

And MG3 - PP2k have same RoF [1000]...

And 40mm nade does 75 damage [vanilla] to the 1250 health tank.

And 23 vanilla sticks of c4 for 1 m-com

1)I play on XBox 360 so some stats may be different. In hardcore mode I have reliably taken out full health MComs with 12 C4s. I do not have any experience in normal mode doing the same.

On XBOX one can not modify the normal settings, so I do not talk about them.

2)On the rocket launcher information.
I based my information off of these guides (below) and my experience in hardcore.

http://www.gamereplays.org/badcompany2/por...-strategy-guide
http://www.gamereplays.org/badcompany2/por...-strategy-guide

I wrote the engineer part before this guide and the M136 AT4 update came out and was too late to correct it. I now almost exclusively use the M136 AT4 to take out both vehicles and helicopters.

http://www.gamereplays.org/badcompany2/por...uide-helicopter

When I have submitted all of the main parts of my hard core guide, I will re-edit them all and reorganize them into a master guide.

3) You are correct. I went by information on the real life guns and not the game stats on this one. (In real life the PP-2000 can only do 600-800 rpm)

Thanks for all your input.

Wald

+
# 26RaGe` Feb 23 2011, 21:40 PM
Is it easier to get the choppa when teamkill is on?

Game: League of Legends

+
# 27Lethal_Sting Feb 23 2011, 23:52 PM
QUOTE(RaGe` @ Feb 23 2011, 17:40 PM) *

Is it easier to get the choppa when teamkill is on?

Duh!

Most of the time your team isn't expecting to get it from the rear biggrin.gif

+
# 28ArcticSoldier Mar 7 2011, 02:32 AM
MG36 doesn't have a dot in hardcore still, don't know why... unless it's just me O.o. Either way, a good read biggrin.gif.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 29Locutus Mar 9 2011, 05:38 AM
We've switched our server over to hardcore and it's totally awesome. Brings new life to the game! If you've ever experienced lag, hitreg issues, or emptied full clips into enemies and they still walk off, this is the game mode for you! Screw softcore, I'm telling you guys HC is where it's at.

I'll admit, I was skeptical st first, as I tried the wrong servers. Spawn and die over an over again sucks the big one and when we chance an unknown server that's poorly regulated with no admins to kick team killing douch-bags, it tends to make for an unpleasant gaming experience. However, I'm lucky enough to own and run our own server and I can truly say with only 20 of my 200+ hours of BC2 experience under my belt in hardcore mode, that I shall never go back to a softcore server ever again.

Wicked guide Wald! Thank you! This was the encouragement we needed to switch over our clan server, and now I'm hooked and so are my clanmates! smile.gif

+
# 30Walderschmidt Mar 12 2011, 23:04 PM
Glad to hear it Jack smile.gif

+
# 31Locutus Mar 17 2011, 00:47 AM
Great guide, unfortunately I had to switch back to SC. sad.gif

The Frostbite server code is flawed, settings do not work, spawn times are all over the place, and the worst part is we lost all our traffic as almost nobody on PC plays HC. Sucks because I love hardcore, but since it's more fun to play with people we had to go with a mode that delivers traffic on our paid server.

+
# 32RaGe` Mar 17 2011, 22:04 PM
QUOTE(Walderschmidt @ Feb 23 2011, 21:53 PM) *

Statistically, it is impossible to one shot person with a sniper rifle from over 60 meters
http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

The exceptions to this rule are the M40 and the M95 which can one shot kill when equipped with magnum ammo which increases their damage to 62.5 and 68.75 respectively. And, of course, headshots kill in one shot.

ehm no, statistically any bolt action sniper rifle equipped with magnom ammo does more than 60 damage thus killing in one shot over any distance...
except for body armor of course

Game: League of Legends

+
# 33Zm0r Mar 17 2011, 22:37 PM
QUOTE(RaGe` @ Mar 17 2011, 23:04 PM) *

ehm no, statistically any bolt action sniper rifle equipped with magnom ammo does more than 60 damage thus killing in one shot over any distance...
except for body armor of course

this!
Slugs also do 50dmg at long distance, but with magnum you oneshot
So, ye, i gotta support RaGe this time biggrin.gif

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)