Kanes Wrath

Vertigoes-bad?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21'MaRTIAN' Jul 29 2010, 13:14 PM
ffs l2p.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 22Dune Sep 10 2010, 17:16 PM
Vertigos are amazing. I prefer them to firehawks because they are stealthed and create an AOE damage. They are great tank hunters, because of their splash damage you can take out half an army of tanks with a few vertigos.
They are great harvester hunters as well.

Firehawks > against buildings
Vertigos > against units

+
# 23cnc315d34d Sep 10 2010, 17:31 PM
verts suck vs armies

all i need a simple formation move command for my tanks and it auto-gg's verts.
i mean just look at the numbers
its just 40 aoe for verts... thats pea sized compared to the specter's 110 or even smaller than the zorca or pitbull mortars 60 or 50.

not to mention the ridiculously long reload time

verts are good for harv harassment ill give you that
but worth 1800? ehh id rather have more stanks in most situations

fhawks on the other hand are just beast
they get two amazing upgrades (one that cuts their sortie time by 50% and another that boosts their damage by 50%... big numbers there) and come reasonably cheap at 1500

ofc vs nod its just better to go orcas usually since its all about beating redeemer spam
=========
honestly there are a handful of units in this game that look and feel "cool" and hence give an impression that theyre actually that

the "cool" factor usually comes from their visual appeal, sound effects or w/e.

vertigos and zonetroopers are two good examples.
theyre pretty cool concepts, look and feel awesome.

but theyre just more show than go.

dont let appearance deceive you.

This post has been edited by cnc315d34d: Sep 10 2010, 17:37 PM

+
# 24Tcastrol Sep 11 2010, 07:23 AM
verts suck vs armies

all i need a simple formation move command for my tanks and it auto-gg's verts.
i mean just look at the numbers
its just 40 aoe for verts... thats pea sized compared to the specter's 110 or even smaller than the zorca or pitbull mortars 60 or 50.

not to mention the ridiculously long reload time

verts are good for harv harassment ill give you that
but worth 1800? ehh id rather have more stanks in most situations

fhawks on the other hand are just beast
they get two amazing upgrades (one that cuts their sortie time by 50% and another that boosts their damage by 50%... big numbers there) and come reasonably cheap at 1500

ofc vs nod its just better to go orcas usually since its all about beating redeemer spam
=========
honestly there are a handful of units in this game that look and feel "cool" and hence give an impression that theyre actually that

the "cool" factor usually comes from their visual appeal, sound effects or w/e.

vertigos and zonetroopers are two good examples.
theyre pretty cool concepts, look and feel awesome.

but theyre just more show than go.

dont let appearance deceive you.

Well said

+
# 25xxadamxx0001 Sep 11 2010, 07:59 AM
You should check my post in the mess hall. Its about 20 vertigo's and 3 of them with heroic. And with 20 you can take out about 4 or 5 devastators warships with em. The forum post is nod bombers are awesome. Though if the fire hawks have air to air missiles and the vertigoes are bunched up well there pretty much gone.

+
# 26asdf999 Sep 12 2010, 03:52 AM
if you have the time and money to build 20 vertigos you probably couldve won a while ago

+
# 27xxadamxx0001 Sep 12 2010, 06:13 AM
QUOTE(asdf999 @ Sep 12 2010, 03:52 AM) *

if you have the time and money to build 20 vertigos you probably couldve won a while ago

Ya you're right buttttt. I was testing some strategies for the nod against scrin and I made 20 vertigo's. And the map was ground zero I also found this strategy works well if you have maybe 3 or 2 air towers/Gravity stabilizers/Airfields on the map ground zero you can bomb all the bridges that let the enemy units get to the middle area. the enemy's base so they cant get to the middle tib field. Lol a kind of blitz strategy you may call it.

+
# 28Dune Sep 15 2010, 02:40 AM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Sep 10 2010, 12:31 PM) *

verts suck vs armies

You've obviously never used them effectively. They one hit kill predators, and a couple vertigos can take out a couple juggs if they are close together which they usually are.

+
# 29cnc315d34d Sep 15 2010, 02:56 AM
youve obviously never heard of formation move

when i know there are verts around (not hard to with pwnsome radarscan) i just need to spread my preds or juggs a wee bit and gg

they dont even 1shot preds btw, they leave them in red
and whoever spams just preds - with some ap apcs in the mix your verts are reduced to mere overpriced kamikaze peashooters

i laugh when i see people use verts vs me, unless im already losing which is the only time ive actually seen them being 'used effectively'

now when he starts spamming obelisks and redeemers or specs.. thats when i start worrying

This post has been edited by cnc315d34d: Sep 15 2010, 02:57 AM

+
# 30asdf999 Sep 15 2010, 03:46 AM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Sep 14 2010, 18:56 PM) *

now when he starts spamming...redeemers

how do you spam redeemers

+
# 31CaptainGerg Sep 16 2010, 20:27 PM
I dunno, the mobility, armor, speed, and stealth of the Vert combines to make it viable in most situations where other alternate units (Specter, Stanks) wouldn't be usable. I think they're situational, and there are certainly times where artillery would be better, but you'll be hard pressed to find a time where they aren't useful in some degree.

+
# 32Eph2.8-9 Sep 22 2010, 16:58 PM
QUOTE(CaptainGerg @ Sep 16 2010, 15:27 PM) *

I dunno, the mobility, armor, speed, and stealth of the Vert combines to make it viable in most situations where other alternate units (Specter, Stanks) wouldn't be usable. I think they're situational, and there are certainly times where artillery would be better, but you'll be hard pressed to find a time where they aren't useful in some degree.

The best thing Vertigos do is force your opponent to invest in anti-air. They're better versus Scrin IMO for taking out Mechapedes (maybe) and picking off Tripods or Corrupters, but only outside of the Scrin base. Due to Scrin having relatively weak mobile anti-air and stealth detect, it's going to force those War Factories to build something other than Tripods, Hexapod, Corrupters, Mechapedes.

You still won't do crap against a Plasma Turret without losing tons of Vertigos for even flying near the blasted thing.

+
# 33'MaRTIAN' Sep 23 2010, 20:37 PM
I use vertigoes to counter support units such as shatterers, juggs, spectres, corrs etc. Usually even if they formation move you can hit atleast two off any unit, and one shot most of them.

+
# 34Chr1st14n Oct 13 2010, 18:16 PM
A couple Vertigoes are nice for killing Juggernauts, especially since they tend to clump up...if you can make two of them before GDI sees them, you can easily change the game by nailing their first 2-3 Juggernauts, as they're probably clumped up, 'cause they didn't see the air tower yet...

That said, I wouldn't make more than two of them in almost any 1v1 game.

+
# 35BobbyMacBob Mar 21 2015, 22:31 PM
I think verts are a pretty ok thing but only in a couple situations.
1# camping. As the best way to break a camp is via artillery/epics verts can be useful for taking out enemy artillery sections (if GDI as juggs clump a LOT) and for doing nice DPS v epics so your artillery/epic can finish it off.
2# when you have already won. Vertigoes can do nice jobs and sealing deals in games (example: all your enemy has is a medium sized tank force left and is about to die and your vertigoes just soften up enough to help you finish them off.)
3# When your enemy doesn't expect them. When I go verts I usually put them at the back of my base making it hard to scout so my enemy doesn't expect them which allows me to use em to kill a couple buildings or units paving the way for my attack.
4# ffas. This is like the camping in the fact that a lot of what Nod (usually) does in ffas is camp/artillery spam.
There are also a couple other things but that sums it up.

Clan: FeaR

+
# 36Masazumi Nov 21 2018, 05:25 AM
Somebody here clearly doesn't know how to use Vertigo Bombers, or has been traumatized by them; they're situational units, I'll throw verts at juggernauts over specters any day of the week. Good players yes will keep AA and Stealth Detection nearby, but not every player is a good player, and in most situations, nobody is ever thinking about vertigo bombers; like all of Nod's Units, they're designed for sneaky plays.

Vertigoes were Nod's answer to GDI's Juggernauts in Tiberium Wars, when Nod did not have Specters. There are plenty of times where Vertigo Bombers have turned the tides of battle from GDI winning to my Nod army winning, simply because four Vertigo Bombers just popped out of nowhere as far as the enemy is concerned.

Another thing, once the opponent figures out that Vertigoes are in fact a thing, and are flying where ever they please on the map, the opponent is going to invest thousands upon thousands preparing for the things once they realize "I can't find these things." By the time he's got all his AA up, you'll have yourself a well rounded Bike-Buggy or strong ground force, and win the game then and there.

If you got Vertigoes, you most likely have Disruption Towers as well; they're great investments and pretty much game winning units when used correctly.

This post has been edited by Masazumi: Nov 21 2018, 05:29 AM

Clan: FeaR

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)