Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Simo is Back! :D

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Forlong Sep 30 2009, 22:10 PM
9/10

SS was a bore indeed. post-13661-1143531603.gif 7 is good, 9/10 are both very good. I'd definitely pick up the sequel if I were you.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 22Oreb Oct 1 2009, 01:42 AM
Isn't SS the 9th game along the line? tongue.gif

I played the game with Eliwood, Hector and Lyn first, then followed up with the sequel chronologically (but the prequel going on game order) with Roy.

Main reason I haven't picked up the newer ones is because they are on gamecube/wii.

I'll be picking up the one for the DS though for sure.

Game: Hardware

+
# 23Forlong Oct 1 2009, 01:54 AM
QUOTE(Oreb- @ Sep 30 2009, 20:42 PM) *
Isn't SS the 9th game along the line? tongue.gif

I played the game with Eliwood, Hector and Lyn first, then followed up with the sequel chronologically (but the prequel going on game order) with Roy.

Main reason I haven't picked up the newer ones is because they are on gamecube/wii.

I'll be picking up the one for the DS though for sure.

SS = 8

Eliwood/Hector/Lyn = 7

Roy = 6

9/10 are GameCube/Wii and they are the ones that feature Sephiran (who appears rarely yet is important), best ones by far imo. Unfortunately if you don't have a Wii then you can't really play them. sad.gif

Is the DS one a new one, or is it a remake of the first one? Tbh I don't have the patience to do the remake at all, I've got though about five chapters months ago and that's probably as far as I ever will...

This post has been edited by Forlong: Oct 1 2009, 01:54 AM

+
# 24Oreb Oct 1 2009, 06:19 AM
Its another remake, the third one I believe. tongue.gif

And looking at the games list of all Fire Emblems, SS is the 9th. One must just be a .5 sort of thing I am guessing then. Like an expansion sorta deal.

And I do have a Wii, I just never use it of course. It has only two games as well, Wii Sports and Red Steel. I might pick them up eventually.

+
# 25DucKô Oct 1 2009, 12:16 PM
Lol someone change the name to Fire Emblem discussion topic

Clan: [FtN]

Game: League of Legends

+
# 26Thoon Oct 1 2009, 23:54 PM
First the Pokemon thread, now this. Next he'll turn the 2.02 Balance discussion into a Final Fantasy or Digimon discussion...

Clan: Broken Sword Legion

+
# 27DucKô Oct 1 2009, 23:58 PM
But final fantasy and digimon are ftw

+
# 28BigSimo Oct 2 2009, 00:54 AM
@Forlong/Oreb:

Wait, when you're talking about Sacred Stones do you mean the GBA game? Because that's the only FE game I've played and I loved it. D:
If it is the most boring of the franchise, well I can say I've got a lot of FE games waiting for me then!

I swear I discussed this with Forlong ages ago too. INSANE

Clan: Flamingos

+
# 29Thoon Oct 2 2009, 01:01 AM
Tbh, get back on staff nao.

Clan: Broken Sword Legion

+
# 30Oreb Oct 2 2009, 06:38 AM
Wait, when you're talking about Sacred Stones do you mean the GBA game? Because that's the only FE game I've played and I loved it. D:

If you loved that, the other games will be orgasmic for you.

I personally recommend playing the 7th game first... It's what got me hooked on Fire Emblem. The 6th one is to naturally come after that if you want to finish the story. Though HHM (Hector Hard Mode) would keep someone preoccupied for about one-two weeks. Was perhaps the hardest thing I've ever played.

+
# 31BigSimo Oct 2 2009, 11:15 AM
QUOTE(Thoon @ Oct 2 2009, 11:01 AM) *
Tbh, get back on staff nao.

We shall see...I've gotta get through the last month of Uni first =/

QUOTE(Oreb- @ Oct 2 2009, 16:38 PM) *

If you loved that, the other games will be orgasmic for you.

I personally recommend playing the 7th game first... It's what got me hooked on Fire Emblem. The 6th one is to naturally come after that if you want to finish the story. Though HHM (Hector Hard Mode) would keep someone preoccupied for about one-two weeks. Was perhaps the hardest thing I've ever played.

Cool, I'll definitely look into it. What platform is it?

+
# 32Forlong Oct 2 2009, 21:16 PM
QUOTE(BigSimo @ Oct 1 2009, 19:54 PM) *
@Forlong/Oreb:

If it is the most boring of the franchise, well I can say I've got a lot of FE games waiting for me then!

I swear I discussed this with Forlong ages ago too. INSANE

Yeah Sacred Stones is shit compared to the others tongue.gif

Seven's a good one to start with as it's on GBA just like SS; it's the prequel to #6, English title is simply "Fire Emblem." Sixth one is Japanese-only so I don't know of any legal way of playing that. tongue.gif Ninth/tenth are GameCube/Wii respectively and are a series, so you'd start with Nine (Path of Radiance) then go to Ten (Radiant Dawn). Ten's not only very hard on the normal difficulty level, but also all the cool plot stuff isn't really cool unless you've played Nine so don't start with that.

I beat Hector Hard Mode once before, and am now trying again - without restarting. Lost Eliwood in the second chapter post-13661-1143531603.gif.

+
# 33BigSimo Oct 3 2009, 00:51 AM
QUOTE(Forlong @ Oct 3 2009, 07:16 AM) *

Yeah Sacred Stones is shit compared to the others tongue.gif

Seven's a good one to start with as it's on GBA just like SS; it's the prequel to #6, English title is simply "Fire Emblem." Sixth one is Japanese-only so I don't know of any legal way of playing that. tongue.gif Ninth/tenth are GameCube/Wii respectively and are a series, so you'd start with Nine (Path of Radiance) then go to Ten (Radiant Dawn). Ten's not only very hard on the normal difficulty level, but also all the cool plot stuff isn't really cool unless you've played Nine so don't start with that.

I beat Hector Hard Mode once before, and am now trying again - without restarting. Lost Eliwood in the second chapter post-13661-1143531603.gif .

I see, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I might go back and try out 6 when my Japanese is a bit better...tongue.gif

+
# 34Oreb Oct 3 2009, 01:46 AM
I beat Hector Hard Mode once before, and am now trying again - without restarting. Lost Eliwood in the second chapter

Ouch... laugh.gif

All I know is if you don't have Guy, you can't survive. In the end I was packing three Swordmasters, their high dodge/crit rate is really needed. Though I also gave guy +2 movement, so he was as fast as a horse as well. laugh.gif

I see, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I might go back and try out 6 when my Japanese is a bit better...

Play with the english version of the script in a .txt file with you, its how I played.

+
# 35BigSimo Oct 7 2009, 11:34 AM
I started Fire Emblem today - I'm on Chapter 8, and it's awesome so far. I love how you yourself are like a part of the party, as the 'strategist'. It makes the game easy to get into, and more exciting.

QUOTE(Oreb- @ Oct 3 2009, 11:46 AM) *

Ouch... laugh.gif

All I know is if you don't have Guy, you can't survive. In the end I was packing three Swordmasters, their high dodge/crit rate is really needed. Though I also gave guy +2 movement, so he was as fast as a horse as well. laugh.gif

Play with the english version of the script in a .txt file with you, its how I played.

Sweet I'll keep it in mind since no doubt I'll be keen to play it when I'm done with no. 7.

+
# 36Oreb Oct 7 2009, 12:35 PM
I ran through Lyns Story first instead of skipping straight to Hector on Hard. I lost no one in Lyns Hard Mode, but so far I've lost Serra on Chapter 3. Then again she becomes dead weight in soon enough, so no loss there. I'm currently on the mission with Guy still, I nabbed him then Eliwood got ganked on the northern passage.

Which also means because I forgot to save... I get serra back.

-edit-

Tips for Simo:

Use Rath and Guy. Make Love to them. Just make sure they are always in your main party.

This post has been edited by Oreb-: Oct 7 2009, 12:36 PM

+
# 37BigSimo Oct 7 2009, 13:11 PM
I take it Guy comes later, since I haven't encountered him yet. Though Rath I already have. I admit I haven't used him yet, since I'm in favor of leveling up equally, and he started lvl 7. Though thanks for the tip, I will now start making love to him. ;D

+
# 38Oreb Oct 7 2009, 13:27 PM
When it gets to end game, you have to basically have a focused 10 characters in the end that you can put on field, you can't have equal levelling. On Hard Mode you only get to have 6 on the field.

Choosing the wrong characters to level up as well is a bad thing, as certain characters have better versions of their type (except the Pegasus knights, fielding all 3 is great). So using levelling up bad characters and then later swapping them out gives you so much wasted exp. I learnt that the first time. I leveled Serra up on purpose, then got a healer that was 10x better in every way, and lethal to boot.

+
# 39Forlong Oct 7 2009, 23:04 PM
Yeah, focus on training about 12 characters equally as that's the normal number you get to field (soon you'll have waaay more than that); normally you won't ever get to use over 14 at a time so 12-14 is enough to train. At the end you'll only be able to use a few but up until that point there's no reason not to have at least 12 strong characters.

I never (ever! tongue.gif) used Rath myself as my other units are all way stronger when you regain him, but that's just me tongue.gif

What healer is 10x better than Serra? ohmy.gif I thought she was good even though she's not mounted.

This post has been edited by Forlong: Oct 7 2009, 23:05 PM

+
# 40DucKô Oct 8 2009, 00:11 AM
QUOTE(Forlong @ Oct 8 2009, 00:04 AM) *

better than Serra? ohmy.gif I thought she was good even though she's not mounted.

forlong i think you're taking this fire emblem thing too far..

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)