Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Simo is Back! :D

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41Oreb Oct 8 2009, 06:06 AM
I never (ever! tongue.gif) used Rath myself as my other units are all way stronger when you regain him, but that's just me tongue.gif

To put it simply, up before the uber bow of death that you get on the final level, his archery for me was usually hitting for 25-2, or with a brave bow, 30-4. If he upgraded and got a sword, he was a demi-swordmaster. Oh, and he becomes 40-2 with the ultra bow on the final level.

Guy and Rath are perhaps the two strongest characters in the game.

Oh and the mounted healer is better in the end for the sole fact she can use fire, and had the second best magic rating in the game (the little girl being the best). I never, ever, ever had a need for light magic, and never used all three bishops.

This post has been edited by Oreb-: Oct 8 2009, 06:07 AM

Game: Hardware

+
# 42ConGrUenCy Oct 8 2009, 06:14 AM
QUOTE(KuNg^Fu^QuAckErS @ Oct 8 2009, 05:41 AM) *

forlong i think you're taking this fire emblem thing too far..

IPB Image

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 43BigSimo Oct 8 2009, 08:54 AM
Reading your posts (Oreb + Forlong) is making me want to play the game and master it so I can actually take part in your discussion without looking like a noob. Though it is good advice, don't stop on account of me or young quackers here.

QUOTE(KuNg^Fu^QuAckErS @ Oct 8 2009, 10:11 AM) *

forlong i think you're taking this fire emblem thing too far..

roflolmg

edit: congruency what's your sig quote from? And who is that dude. It's an awesome quote.

This post has been edited by BigSimo: Oct 8 2009, 08:55 AM

Clan: Flamingos

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 44Oreb Oct 8 2009, 10:18 AM
Reading your posts (Oreb + Forlong) is making me want to play the game and master it so I can actually take part in your discussion without looking like a noob. Though it is good advice, don't stop on account of me or young quackers here.

Haha, well I'm the sort of person who usually always goes for the character personality the first run through, then I go by who has the best stats in their field and what I plan on running. For laughs, I did a 3 pegasus knight run on hard, and surprisingly they are pretty good units. Their only downside is that they need a tad more beef to last the final level.

+
# 45BigSimo Oct 8 2009, 10:32 AM
QUOTE(Oreb- @ Oct 8 2009, 20:18 PM) *

Haha, well I'm the sort of person who usually always goes for the character personality the first run through, then I go by who has the best stats in their field and what I plan on running. For laughs, I did a 3 pegasus knight run on hard, and surprisingly they are pretty good units. Their only downside is that they need a tad more beef to last the final level.

I think the pegasus knights are better in Fire Emblem than in SS. I was never a fan of them in SS, sine they lacked power. Though naturally they do get pretty good later on, and they > magic users to oblivion. But wyvern's were a better choice.

+
# 46Oreb Oct 8 2009, 11:21 AM
There are three pegasus knights in this. One that focuses on strength, one that focuses on luck (dodge) and one that sorta sits in the middle. So all together they basically are a mean group, since they already have high dodge and high hit/crit rating.

Oh and Raven, now Raven I believe is outrightly the strongest character in the game if you don't include Guys crit's which happen all the time.

+
# 47Forlong Oct 8 2009, 21:43 PM
In SS the pegasus knights weren't really that good. Tana was great iirc but I think it was better to promote her to a wyvern right? tongue.gif

Raven (Ch 16) is my favorite. He's a bit hard to use at first as he's slightly under-leveled but after that he pwns.

The general rule is: characters you get at the start of the game are good (I don't like Wallace (Ch 9) and most don't like Erk but that's it), whereas in general characters you get at the end (with a few exceptions like Pent who is cool) are not.

+
# 48DucK™ Oct 8 2009, 23:53 PM
QUOTE(Forlong @ Oct 8 2009, 22:43 PM) *

He's a bit hard at first

forlong your starting to worry me

Clan: [FtN]

Game: League of Legends

+
# 49Forlong Oct 9 2009, 00:59 AM
Heather is lesbian but she's not until FE10 post-13661-1143531603.gif

+
# 50BigSimo Oct 9 2009, 06:49 AM
QUOTE(Forlong @ Oct 9 2009, 07:43 AM) *
In SS the pegasus knights weren't really that good. Tana was great iirc but I think it was better to promote her to a wyvern right? tongue.gif

Raven (Ch 16) is my favorite. He's a bit hard to use at first as he's slightly under-leveled but after that he pwns.

The general rule is: characters you get at the start of the game are good (I don't like Wallace (Ch 9) and most don't like Erk but that's it), whereas in general characters you get at the end (with a few exceptions like Pent who is cool) are not.

Is Wallace that bald knight? He's pretty tough at the moment, and I'm planning on keeping him around for now at least since I need someone that can take a beating and still own.
And Erk's the magic dude right? That rocked up with the pink haired girl?

+
# 51Oreb Oct 9 2009, 07:51 AM
Wallace is the worst General of the two you get. For the sole fact that you upgrade him when he is only level 12. The other one you get to choose when he levels, and of course you only upgrade him when they are at 18+.

In general, the units from chapter 20 onwards you get that are already upgraded have horrible stats, with Pent being one of the exceptions.

This is my rough memory of my lineup of characters.

Hector
Eliwood
Lyn
Guy
Rath
Priscilla
Raven
Cannas
Fiora
Fiona
Oswin
Lowen

+
# 52ConGrUenCy Oct 9 2009, 11:32 AM
QUOTE(BigSimo @ Oct 8 2009, 14:24 PM) *

roflolmg
edit: congruency what's your sig quote from? And who is that dude. It's an awesome quote.

The movie Rooster Cogburn

+
# 53BigSimo Oct 13 2009, 01:15 AM
At chapter 20 now. I didn't realise it was going to be this long, since I just assumed it would be around 21 chapters like SS. :>

QUOTE(ConGrUenCy™ @ Oct 9 2009, 21:32 PM) *

lol awesome.

+
# 54Forlong Oct 13 2009, 03:05 AM
Well discounting the first ten chapters which are the short little prologue ones (not even part of the main story) and you're really only about ten chapters in. happy.gif You're halfway through the main game, maybe a bit less considering that later chapters are of course longer.

FE 9 has around 30 full-length chapters, FE 10 has more like 40.

This post has been edited by Forlong: Oct 13 2009, 03:06 AM

+
# 55Oreb Oct 13 2009, 04:26 AM
I think in total the game has about 40-45 chapters if you include side quests. I'm unsure because I can't remember all the secret quests.

On hard I'm up to getting Raven now. I've lost Serra and Batre, I'm also trying not to use Marcus.

+
# 56Buff^ Oct 13 2009, 12:19 PM
Jeez I missed this... hai Simo biggrin.gif

Clan: Elite Hunting

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 57DucK™ Oct 13 2009, 12:42 PM
QUOTE(ConGrUenCy™ @ Oct 9 2009, 12:32 PM) *

congruency is really a 50 year old man, i mean he listens to classic rock and has a sig quote from a film twice my age, srsly wtf

+
# 58ConGrUenCy Oct 13 2009, 12:52 PM
QUOTE(KuNg^Fu^QuAckErS @ Oct 13 2009, 18:12 PM) *

congruency is really a 50 year old man, i mean he listens to classic rock and has a sig quote from a film twice my age, srsly wtf

I haven't seen the movie.
My bro was looking at IMDB, and this was the 'quote of the day' and I liked it, so I used it in the sig.
And yes, I love classic rock and progressive rock from the 70s, like Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Yes, Black Sabbath to name a few. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ConGrUenCy™: Oct 13 2009, 12:53 PM

+
# 59DucK™ Oct 13 2009, 14:21 PM
yeah i like them too but its not the only stuff i listen to liek, try this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWaB4PXCwFU

+
# 60BigSimo Oct 14 2009, 01:31 AM
QUOTE(Buff^ @ Oct 13 2009, 22:19 PM) *
Jeez I missed this... hai Simo biggrin.gif

omg oliiiiii hey bro!!!!!!
sorry for all those times i said i'd go on msn, but never did. I just don't go on at all anymore. D:
though I have xfire so I'm sure something intimate can be arranged.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)