Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

Europa Universalis 4

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Opsnyder Nov 3 2013, 22:06 PM
Some of you might remember I made a topic about Europa Universalis 3, 3 years ago. I tried to get some people into this game and then play it multiplayer but it never worked out in the end. A few months ago Europa Universalis 4 has been released and its awesome so I try again. Things have become clearer and noob-friendly and the UI and graphics are way better now.
If you dont know yet. In this game you can play as 1 of 200+ countries in the entire world in the timespan of 1444 until 1800 or so. The focus is on state/empire building and its all quite realistic and complex. The thing I like the most is that the AI can be a real challenge and other states will respond to how you play. They will ally you when you have the same interests and when you're playing aggressively, states will combine their strength to keep you in check. As a result I have lost as many wars as that I've won in my current game as Venice. As we speak, the French behemoth is destroying me, Spain, England and Bohemia(holds half of Germany) in a war. The whole of Europe is allying against France without much success as of yet. Just like the Napoleonic wars in real life.

This is what the game looks like when you're playing.
IPB Image

This is what the game looks like when you zoom out.
IPB Image

Rarely also plays this but has played it too much and is bored now. So is anyone else interested?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Clan: MENTAL

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2rarely Nov 5 2013, 10:30 AM
Currently playing as the ottomans again now. Tried to expand west instead of east this time and im having pretty fun tongue.gif in one point i had the whole western against me xD. This is my turkish empire for now, still 200 years to go

Attached Image

Castille got in a personal union with burgundy and england xD this kinda fucked things up for france and england cant form great brittain now sad.gif

The HRE is a stupid thing too

This post has been edited by rarely: Nov 5 2013, 10:33 AM

Game: Generals 2

+
# 3rarely Nov 5 2013, 11:43 AM
im fucked now, western units too strong

Attached Image

+
# 4Opsnyder Nov 5 2013, 17:32 PM
You should try to westernize I guess. And perhaps you should start focusing on other fronts so the Christians will stop hating you and start fighting each other again. Your France seems to be rather weak compared to my scary France.

Attached Image
My game is getting quite strange ATM. Austria is almost destroyed. As a result the Netherlands and Flanders! have formed. I try to stay out of the HRE mess mostly. On my east is the very powerful alliance of Kazakh, Crimea and Ottomans which seem to dominate Asia and eastern Europe. The ottomans field an army of 140.000 men commanded by epic generals and have by far the biggest navy with 167 ships. On my west is the even scarier France. I've spend most my game trying to improve my army just to be able to resist France. Thankfully I've been allied to Spain, Bohemia and England the entire game.

This post has been edited by Opsnyder: Nov 5 2013, 17:40 PM

+
# 5rarely Nov 8 2013, 16:13 PM
went with france trhis time. got big joined the hre and conquered most of spain biggrin.gif and now i am in world war 1

Attached Image

+
# 6ScOtSmAn Nov 9 2013, 14:58 PM
looks familiar

Clan: iWuB

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 7rarely Nov 9 2013, 22:46 PM
?

+
# 8Opsnyder Nov 10 2013, 09:53 AM
You keep picking the overpowered nations. The game is way more fun as a smaller nation IMO.

+
# 9ScOtSmAn Nov 10 2013, 15:05 PM
http://eu4wiki.com/Scotland

im in

+
# 10rarely Nov 10 2013, 21:24 PM
nah byzantium was also easy, i had way more fun with big nations

+
# 11krew Nov 12 2013, 19:16 PM
Please, westernize the Islam parts of the world, and change the course of history for the better for these innocent virtual souls.

+
# 12squaak Nov 12 2013, 22:04 PM
QUOTE(krew @ Nov 12 2013, 21:16 PM) *

Please, westernize the Islam parts of the world, and change the course of history for the better for these innocent virtual souls.

The only way to fight Islam properly was the Christian alliance of some European countries.
Or with a lot of patience, determination and faith, like they achieved it in Spain between 718 and 1492.

Obviously that has nothing to do with modern american "westernization", which directly contribued to kill the whole millenar european culture, much more than anything Islam achieved during all these centuries.
The biggest european threat comes from the West, and from a certain City, from a certain island in the north, which always managed to make it fail any serious unification of Europe.

So if you want to change history, solve this problem before even trrying to go "East".

This post has been edited by squaak: Nov 12 2013, 22:18 PM

+
# 13krew Nov 12 2013, 22:28 PM
Was making a joke, squaak...

+
# 14rarely Nov 13 2013, 11:32 AM
Well squaak is right about the game xD. You need a big europe alliance if you want to beat the turks. If you are the pope of the catholic faith you can call for a crusade on them which gives you extra bonusses when you go to war with them ^^

+
# 15Opsnyder Nov 13 2013, 14:38 PM
Only in the begin of the game. Lategame the units of the Ottomans are way worse than their European counterparts. This becomes very obvious when you attack an army which isn't lead by all the godly generals they seem to get.

This is my current game, still as Italy, which has become quite easy. After countless wars we've been able to break the huge France. I helped England to reconquer their Island so we had 4 strong nations surrounding France. I've now been able to release Burgundy and Guyenne and a few minor nations which hold a significant part of mainland France. The Ottomans are big but unable to stop me from conquering more and more Muslim nations in Africa. I'm now planning on breaking my alliance with Spain to conquer the Mediterranean islands. Spain is useless anyway.
Attached Image

+
# 16trve^viking Nov 14 2013, 21:52 PM
i borrowed/played crusader kings 2 today, its another game from paradox. it looks fun but i got no clue how it works tongue.gif

Game: Graphics

+
# 17Opsnyder Nov 14 2013, 23:20 PM
I dont like it as its just so messy. It's all about controlling titles instead of provinces. If you control a duchy, you're actually in possession of vassals instead of counties(provinces). These counts have their own will and will often attack each other or you. You're only holding a few counties yourself of which you probably only control your capital. The other cities/castles/churches in the country are controlled by yet another lower kind of vassals. You dont really own any land. As a duchy you're a vassal yourself to a king which is in turn a vassal to an emperor. This is where it gets really messy as parts of duchies or kingdoms are often not part of the same kingdom or empire or it can even be independent. Or its just simply at war with itself or only a part of it is at war with someone. Now of course a title also can be a de jure title, which is the territory a title ix expected to hold but it often does not which can give further complications because a territory is part of a duchy but also of another de jure duchy.
While you're playing, one of your main goals is to gather as much and as significant titles as possible. When you die your heir will only receive a few of these titles. The rest will go to other family members or just someone outside your family with a stronger claim, so everything you've achieved is constantly split up and it can even get in war with itself.
Its also really annoying to keep track of your entire court, huge family tree, vassals, higher lords, the families that hold titles that are interesting to you, keeping an eye on the inheriting lines of all the titles you're holding or aspire to hold, finding out who is at war with who and what their connection is to you and of what they're part of etc.. Not my kind of game.

This post has been edited by Opsnyder: Nov 14 2013, 23:27 PM

+
# 18trve^viking Nov 15 2013, 00:40 AM
guess its about to lead"your" family to the top and build some relationship to the dynasy, medieval 2 had that aswell where you could watch the family tree over 5 generations and remember most people, what they did and what battles they fought.
but you are right, its a bit messy, i started as an irish king with 1 vassal and got around 30 people in my main town with different connections to other countrys + few children. will see how it turns out after a few more hours.
i also heard theres a game of thrones mod for it.

Game: Graphics

+
# 19Opsnyder Nov 15 2013, 10:52 AM
Yes you're trying to improve your dynasty, but lots of things are out of your control. One game I played I was a Spanish duke and I reconquered big parts of Muslim lands. As a result when I died my new character got into a war with his own family so I only had a small part of it left. A few generations further I ended up married to the Byzantine queen with no connections to Spain whatsoever.
Personally I prefer to conquer and control land instead of titles and people as land isn't going anywhere.
BTW I doubt you have only one vassals. You will have at least 3 vassals in each county.

+
# 20rarely Nov 15 2013, 11:45 AM
My latest game as teutonic order,

Beaten the shitt out of poland and lithuania first with a strong alliance from bohemia, hungay, muscovy and austria. formed prussia and then heading west to form germany. Got a PU with bohemia, bavaria and norway and later on i allied with france. Bohemia was big when the king of burgundy died and they got all their lands as the emperor

Attached Image

Ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!!

got kinda bored now again and got everyone in a coaliton against me again xD

This post has been edited by rarely: Nov 15 2013, 11:49 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)