Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

typical kind of effective anti brit?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Sharpkiller Mar 11 2013, 19:50 PM
kind of open minded? used Lufftwaffe doctrine against britt instead of TD i heard from kind of recent forum.
this game show how to harass early- ingame brit (a little late tech early build)

BO kt-pg-incindinary G-2xpg-t1

me lvl 1 pe (my first 1v1) against lvl 8-9 brit

This post has been edited by Sharpkiller: Mar 11 2013, 19:55 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File epic_fi8rst_serious_r8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 1.05mb
Number of downloads: 33
Player Name Side Team
spytomb 1
Sharpsteel 2

+
# 2acos_N Mar 14 2013, 00:52 AM
Dual ket start, 4 Pgrens, get scout cars, harass the shit out of their capture points. British capture game simply doesn't compete, and if they try to play hardball its not terribly difficult to snipe their lieutenants. You can have two scout cars or three kets for every riflemen section they have. Locking down sectors forces them to move in force to bring down scout cars, and it lets you chose where the fighting happens.

Oh, and give special attention to munitions. Unit for unit the British don't have a lot of sure-fire role counters, but munitions gives them a ton of room.

Luftwaffe only makes sense if you anticipate a short game. Scorched Earth and Tank Hunter both provide much more even handed abilities and unit varieties for dealing with the British without the late game drop off. Most of Luftwaffe's defining set pieces are mid-game ambush units and suppression tools. Henshel strafing runs are fun, but unreliable. Hilarious when you call it in on a Bofors and suddenly an AA unit becomes a huge liability when strafers fall outta the sky dealing more damage than if they were alive.

If they try late game armor, you just need PBG. Hetzers and the rest of tank hunter makes a natural compliment to this. If they try blobbing, sprint is a god send.

ATHT's are particularly useful against the British because of their lax mobility, and poor access to repair units.

You never want to waste time researching incendiary grenades before you have some idea that they're building / trench humping, and you should never be wasting build time and resources on it as soon as your first Pgren is out. Most traditional PE strats have you building 4 pgrens before anything else, except for maybe a secondary ket at the start.

+
# 3Sharpkiller Mar 14 2013, 21:30 PM
well i think i did good taking out the bofer (bofer attention was on my vet infantry i think) plus henchel did good work on the stag and brit hq (i think its cast as vehicle)

+
# 4jBrereton Mar 14 2013, 23:30 PM
I'm going to disagree with acos here, because I actually really like incendiary grenades against Brits, whose infantry need to be stationary to be very effective. 15 munitions to basically always turn an engagement in your favour? Worth it.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 5regnar1194 Mar 15 2013, 09:41 AM
QUOTE(jBrereton @ Mar 14 2013, 19:30 PM) *

I'm going to disagree with acos here, because I actually really like incendiary grenades against Brits, whose infantry need to be stationary to be very effective. 15 munitions to basically always turn an engagement in your favour? Worth it.

agree, its basically the only early PG weapon that works well on Brif inf. Problem it is easily avoided unlike the US nuclear hand grenade, eats up crucial early munitions which you need for shreks or mines

+
# 6GiveMeABreak Mar 15 2013, 14:32 PM

Can be so tasty later on if you can get 3 simultaneous incendiary nades off on a squad or two in cover, can wipe squads out quite easy if its a busy battle.

+
# 7Sharpkiller Mar 15 2013, 17:04 PM
in one of the game i played against vet 3 american ranger blob i threw lot of simultaneous incindiary nade it wiped out one squad and kept dmg through the fire very effective post-13661-1143531603.gif

+
# 8acos_N Mar 16 2013, 02:25 AM
QUOTE(jBrereton @ Mar 14 2013, 23:30 PM) *

He's researching it as soon as his first Pgren is out.

That's just a waste of time and resources. You want units before you want research that benefits those units, especially if there's virtually no threat of combat. It simply makes no sense to rush incendiary grenade research, but you should definitely have it by the time you've built 4 or 5 pgrens, assuming you're not building a tech building first.

At any rate, unless it's a very small map it simply makes more sense to play passively and deny CP's till you can hit some critical early-game set piece units like mortar HT's and ATHT's.

+
# 9Sharpkiller Mar 16 2013, 10:55 AM
QUOTE(acos_N @ Mar 16 2013, 02:25 AM) *

He's researching it as soon as his first Pgren is out.

That's just a waste of time and resources. You want units before you want research that benefits those units, especially if there's virtually no threat of combat. It simply makes no sense to rush incendiary grenade research, but you should definitely have it by the time you've built 4 or 5 pgrens, assuming you're not building a tech building first.
At any rate, unless it's a very small map it simply makes more sense to play passively and deny CP's till you can hit some critical early-game set piece units like mortar HT's and ATHT's.

well i found it effective to use incindary G then mortar against the brit unless the brit has the sim city up quick i would get the mortar

+
# 10acos_N Mar 16 2013, 17:58 PM
You're missing the point; Pgrens work best in groups and even if you had the option I got no idea why you'd fight anything with only one Pgren squad.

But yeah, mortar HT's are always effective against the British. It all but forces them to rush stuarts or try to bum the HT with a bren gun carrier.

+
# 11regnar1194 Mar 16 2013, 19:45 PM
QUOTE(acos_N @ Mar 16 2013, 13:58 PM) *

You're missing the point; Pgrens work best in groups and even if you had the option I got no idea why you'd fight anything with only one Pgren squad.

But yeah, mortar HT's are always effective against the British. It all but forces them to rush stuarts or try to bum the HT with a bren gun carrier.

I completely agree with that point, that you want multiple squads out first before u research it

+
# 12acos_N Mar 17 2013, 04:00 AM
QUOTE(jBrereton @ Mar 14 2013, 23:30 PM) *

You're actually thinking of atomic pineapples, but incendiaries have their uses.

+
# 13jBrereton Mar 20 2013, 02:39 AM
No, I'm actually not. Incendiary grenades not only cause British infantry (and American infantry, for what it's worth) to have to move from their current position, they also prevent your opponent from repositioning in the same location. If there's no other nearby cover, they're going to get brutalised on open ground, and will probably need to retreat.

A pineapple grenade will do a lot of damage if it lands just so. But they don't prevent you reoccupying a specific spot after you dodge it.

+
# 14c0mpl3x1ty Mar 20 2013, 21:52 PM
Well, everyone pointed out the important stuff, but I'll just add that there's no need to get incendiaries when you only have one PG. It's usually ok after the second, but there's absolutely no good reason to get it after the first.

+
# 15acos_N Mar 21 2013, 00:13 AM
Told you dog. I told you.

And honestly having played all factions the grenade that bugs me the most is pineapple grenades.

Incendiaries have their uses, but they're specifically designed not to be spammed. The US faction would have you believe riflemen are just wading into the field with about 6 of them per squad.

+
# 16GiveMeABreak Mar 21 2013, 07:48 AM

Well I don't know about World War II, but having trained as a soldier in the British military, to take an enemy position you ALWAYS split the squad in two, 1 fire team gives fire support while the other will flank right round in dead ground.

The the flank squad splits again into another base of fire and the final 2 men, grenadier and squad leader (corporal). Grenadier posts a grenade into the position, then they jump in and clear it.

Rinse and repeat over and over for more enemy positions.

The difference is COH is sped up, one flank that takes 1 min, takes an hour in real time, a battle that takes half an hour would be most of a day. Several times in that day squads will be replenished with munitions while in the field without retreating.

So it's totally not unreasonable for rifle squads to use a nade each flank, as that reflects real tactics.

+
# 17bercerus Mar 23 2013, 03:56 AM
QUOTE(jBrereton @ Mar 20 2013, 02:39 AM) *

No, I'm actually not. Incendiary grenades not only cause British infantry (and American infantry, for what it's worth) to have to move from their current position, they also prevent your opponent from repositioning in the same location. If there's no other nearby cover, they're going to get brutalised on open ground, and will probably need to retreat.

A pineapple grenade will do a lot of damage if it lands just so. But they don't prevent you reoccupying a specific spot after you dodge it.

flamemade is good. but its not worth ammo, even just 15 per thrown.

just like you said. its some kind of "denied area" device. but its do just that. if you lucky you can kill one in explosion. and then there is no cover around for brit? guess what? they retreat. to camp that 50m away. and walk back to engage area again. this happen for 15 ammo. worth it or not, weight it your self. mine opinion say no. where axis play heavily rely on ammo. with 3 nade cost you can buy another g43 or use insta-pin 2 times or even cut track vehecle.

real use for flamenade for me is to counter WSC's mg spam. one motolov and say good bye to your .30cal .

This post has been edited by bercerus: Mar 23 2013, 04:11 AM

+
# 18lifelike Mar 26 2013, 13:32 PM
There are many good strats against Brits, but I found this one the most effective:

http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes...-guide&st=0

Thx, Peacekeeper

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)