Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

What power?!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Zypherbullet Apr 4 2017, 19:08 PM
Good day all.

I'm working on a grand series of maps that come with a unique ruling. The dice system. It's a random special power that either hurts you, hurts your opponent, helps you, helps your opponent, essentially just screws around with both of you or is annoying as f(ireh)awk. Whatever it does, it will make you laugh because of the way it manifests itself.

Now a combination of 2 dice has 11 different possibilities. And no, don't even try to prove me wrong, you can't throw a 1 with 2 dice, noob.

So if you were in a losing position, what wacky superpower would you give yourself, or what whacky supercurse would you gift your opponent?

Please do let me know and if it's weird enough I'll add it to the dice system!

Thanks guys, cheers!

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2IISpartacus Apr 5 2017, 19:52 PM
Just spitballing here...

Positives:
- Gain 50% add'l vision range per unit/structure
- "Fog of war" never returns upon revealing terrain (could theoretically have entire map visible if fully scouted)
- "Golden guns" for basic infantry units (insta-kills infantry like the golden gun from 007)(could be limited time, to prevent from being insanely OP, like a PacMan power-up thingy)
-

Negatives:
- Reduce unit/structure vision by 50%
- "Fog of war" returns instantly upon moving out of visual range
- "Nerf guns" for basic infantry units (does 1% of base dmg)
-

Random:
- All audio queues disabled for a period of time
- "Get some" audio every single time a unit kills an enemy unit (from Full Metal Jacket)
-

The majority of the positives and negatives are just inverses of one another, but that's only because I lack creativity. smile.gif

I'll edit this at some point, but that's all I've got for right now.

+
# 3Zypherbullet Apr 5 2017, 20:30 PM
Yes yes yes, keep them coming. I'm liking the gun value edit and the get some. I'll see if I can work that into the mod.

Crazier is better!

+
# 4derand411 Apr 6 2017, 20:19 PM
If i remember Catan right, 7 has largest probability for a 2-dice roll,next are 6 and 8 etc.
I didnt understand the loosing position: is it boost/curse you get during game or at start of the game if you are winning/loosing in bo series?

+
# 5phantom9399 Apr 7 2017, 14:45 PM
Tib fields blow up
Tib fields fully regrow
Change time of day (day and night, if night enable lights)
Viceriod swarm
Squeaky duck noices when units move
Support powers cost nothing for a short duration
Sws charge time decreased by 75% for 3 min
Emp rounds
Meteor showers map wide for a few minutes (orbital strike)

+
# 6phantom9399 Apr 7 2017, 14:55 PM
Change all inf into elves
Spikes take money away
Heroic units but units are on 1 hp
Aurora bombers (from ov mod)
Change the skin of a unit (cnc 3 scorpion gets cnc4 scorpion skin)
Random wormholes
Tiberium covers whole map and is infested (use a field for this with an infestation hub. Set hub to invulnerable)
Swap mcv with opponent (disable original mcv/droneship at players production so they cant rebuild it. They can still build original units and use the tech)
Change all vehicles into harvs

+
# 7Zypherbullet Apr 7 2017, 16:43 PM
QUOTE(derand411 @ Apr 6 2017, 22:19 PM) *

If i remember Catan right, 7 has largest probability for a 2-dice roll,next are 6 and 8 etc.
I didnt understand the loosing position: is it boost/curse you get during game or at start of the game if you are winning/loosing in bo series?

You might be onto something there, however I'm using a random number generator in this modification smile.gif.

All events are meant to happen during the game. Perhaps if I get enough ideas, I'll section them into early and mid/late game as to not to screw around with the critical parts too much. After all a 10k cash boost at the start has a much larger impact than during midgame.

Phantom I'm liking those. More crazy is always better! <3

+
# 8Fox-1 Apr 21 2017, 22:04 PM
-Slow down build rate (units and/or structures)
-Slow down unit movement
-All vehicles reverse-move only
-Power down base defenses
-Freeze/lock a player harvesters
-Disable cross hair (only force fire possible)
-Destroy (or exit) all garrisoned units (empties buildings, epics, reckoners, APC's, etc.)
-Seed/Ichor seed a bunch of blue tib in a green field
-Spawn an extra epic unit (not counting as one so you can still have or build the regular one)
-Unlock tier 4 structure from a faction you are not (i.e. NOD can build space uplink)
-Flood tib field (only possible when field is in lower area)
-Exchange fire output (like, sonic become flames, bullets become grenades, missiles become sonic, etc.)
-Spawn armored vehicle with lot's of infantry slots (like a modded Marcion transporter)
-Like the mentioned visceroids spam, but with Mutant Marauders
-Disable repair features (units and/or buildings)
-Invert stealth (reveal stealth units/structures and make regular units/structures stealth)

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)