Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1CENTAUER May 8 2011, 20:59 PM
CENTAUER and ScuttleShip ONLY

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2CENTAUER May 8 2011, 21:15 PM
Hey mate tongue.gif

As i already promise you helping , now we can start from beginning ..

A bit about my self

am from Croatia, 36 years old , married , 2 kids, working, etc (log). In free time when i have , witch mean when am not on job , or working around house , or taking care of my kids , or with friends , etc etc , this free time i spend here ( i playing games too ) . Am not some kind PRO Photoshop Artist, not even near that high, but i know few tricks hehe.I making sigs coz its fun and i like it ..

So tall me what you want to Learn ? signatures i guess?

You get my PM with link ? Same thing we will learn here , exactly the same , so same that i can just copy/paste what i write there hehe.. Ok so lets get started

Your first task i want to see your imagination i will give you just a RENDER and you make a sig from your head so no tutorials , you can find some inspiration etc , .. After this i will give you few links so you can find some resources for PS..

Attached Image

Keep tag size 500x150 max and 100kb max

+
# 3ScuttleShip May 9 2011, 07:20 AM
Right basically, i added the render to a fractal art piece that I had created perviously as a background, also adding a random bullet ffor some strange reason, felt good at the time.

As you are now mentoring me and have given a bit about yourself, i shall do the same.

I am currently 17 and still in school working towards exams in 2weeks. sad.gif. I live in england. and most of the rest like kids and family wont apply cause well, im 17 smile.gif. When im at school i am on forums alot more because i cant access coh because of proxy servers that ban it, and i spend the time that i am not revisiing on here smile.gif

Hope you like this one wacko.gif one thing i would say, is that the image doesnt actually feature heavily. I was experimenting with the effects on cs5, apparently i have the extended version smile.gif and i found the one i used. Wanted to then useanother but couldnt see a way i could without ruining and also making the image far too messy

also, i couldnt figure how to resize in ps, normally i cut a segment out of the image, but i didnt think that it would work with this. sad.gif

as for the renders, i am already regisrtered of planet renders, and use a fair few of the ps ones as well. smile.gif so my stock is growing atm tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ScuttleShip: May 9 2011, 10:22 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File Fractal_Art.psd
Size: 11.4mb
Number of downloads: 103

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 4CENTAUER May 9 2011, 20:12 PM
Hey

hmmm we will have a lot of work tbh.. Signature max size is 500x150 , so no big pictures , keep it as size you want but do not cross 500x150 and 100 kb .. i will explain one by one you will understand soon , as you are Englishman , reading tutorials wont be problem for you hehe .. soon i will post tutorial for you , we need to start from very beginning here ...

first you will learn how to resize an image/picture ..

+
# 5ScuttleShip May 9 2011, 20:15 PM
smile.gif okay awesome tongue.gif thanks

+
# 6CENTAUER May 10 2011, 20:33 PM
Np.

Ok tall me how do you resize image / pictures ,etc.. But need to know what exactly you doin

+
# 7ScuttleShip May 10 2011, 21:15 PM
right, as far as i know u hit the arrow with the weird cross thing, and then move to the side of the image holding down shift and a little square should appear. Then holding left mouse down drag to the size you want the image, can also goto image, image size and choose the size there in pixels. But some of the pictures i have are locked sad.gif

The image i just added isnt intended to be a signature, could be potentially, but thought i would show u smile.gif

This post has been edited by ScuttleShip: May 11 2011, 21:50 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 8CENTAUER May 11 2011, 22:13 PM
Yea , Free transform - hold shift and resize it , ( best way).

ok , i guessing you have a really a lot effects , c4ds, brushes ,stocks, renders, and all other resourses.

try this one

Attached Image

+
# 9ScuttleShip May 12 2011, 10:29 AM
yer my stock is getting quite big now smile.gif and have a fair few effects. will try it. and see what i come up with smile.gif hopefully something good tongue.gif

+
# 10CENTAUER May 12 2011, 10:39 AM
QUOTE(ScuttleShip @ May 12 2011, 11:29 AM) *

yer my stock is getting quite big now smile.gif and have a fair few effects. will try it. and see what i come up with smile.gif hopefully something good tongue.gif

Ok , if you dont understend something , be free to ask tongue.gif

+
# 11ScuttleShip May 12 2011, 12:22 PM
hehe will do, btw, someone im making a sig for wants the word reloaded ie my clan name on fire, but i dunno how to do it wacko.gif would you know how?

+
# 12CENTAUER May 12 2011, 12:48 PM
ok if i had time i will make it 2day, but this is not what we will learn now, so i will tall you about that after you learn basic ..

This post has been edited by CENTAUER: May 12 2011, 12:50 PM

+
# 13ScuttleShip May 12 2011, 12:55 PM
okie smile.gif, i nearly finished the image now, give me another 10 or 20 mins tongue.gif last few instructions now

+
# 14ScuttleShip May 12 2011, 13:15 PM
i think you will like this, applied my own touch a little bit smile.gif

i liked the first so much i did another smile.gif

This post has been edited by ScuttleShip: May 12 2011, 20:07 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+
# 15CENTAUER May 12 2011, 22:00 PM
Ok

hmm lets sty at your first one , and post render of that picture .

also i will post 2morrow what you need to do . ((( blure, sharpen, burn, light, flow, etc etc )

+
# 16ScuttleShip May 13 2011, 10:27 AM
this is the render

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 17CENTAUER May 13 2011, 10:30 AM
QUOTE(ScuttleShip @ May 13 2011, 11:27 AM) *

this is the render

this is STOCK

RENDER is just a focal/in this case iron man but with out background (render of megan fox witch i post above , that is render )

+
# 18ScuttleShip May 13 2011, 11:23 AM
oops, sorry i did actually render but ur right thats not it.. will come back with the rendered version of it smile.gif

This post has been edited by ScuttleShip: May 13 2011, 11:45 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+
# 19CENTAUER May 13 2011, 13:51 PM
QUOTE(ScuttleShip @ May 13 2011, 12:23 PM) *

oops, sorry i did actually render but ur right thats not it.. will come back with the rendered version of it smile.gif

amm guessing on planet render have better renders imo, coz if render are better quality also signature will be better quality ..

Ok hmmm..

when you want to make signature from some stock or render , first what you need is to get full picture in your head how signature will look like (idea) .Than you need to find c4ds,effects,fractals, or w/e , when you collect them and tryit (if they fit with render and background , than you can start to make signature. Whit out idea how sig will be , better do not make it ..take your time till you get idea..

Iron man ,hmm

background need to be a bit darker coz other effects will be much better vizible.. REMEMBER start make sig with size 400x150. when you post your work here be sure its 400x150 max 100kb max.

Ok probb 2night i will make new sig or just remake yours but as we starting from begining i will make new one and show you steb by steb how to make it .. 2night i will post it tongue.gif (need some time to make it and to write all with pictures etc etc , so 2night )

EDIT

b4 i do this , pls find some good render , no matter witch one just to be high quality , and blend it into background ( i want to see how you bland image /renders, i think i give you link b4 if am not here is LINK
its not PRO but its good at begining ( tbh i use it every time heeh) .There is many ways of how to blend render , but you work with this one for now..

This post has been edited by CENTAUER: May 13 2011, 14:02 PM

+
# 20ScuttleShip May 13 2011, 18:40 PM
i dont really understand what u mean centauer?? wacko.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)