Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Crane build fast tech.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1zookerz Jun 11 2010, 07:01 AM
So, recently i've been trying to come up with a crane build and I have been testing everything that could be done with it as reaper. But before you start thinking " Wow noob. ", this actually does put you economically ahead and technologically ahead, and it was tested on top 50 and it actually did get me a win. It does require decent anti-scouting and scouting though incase of a rush. Now, this will NOT work on nod, unless you can make sure they don't reach t4. I will provide details after 1 more test which will be tomorrow. Keep this thread updated happy.gif.

Now, this game was against someone who was nooby and non aggressive, but it works if you can anti-scout ( which I didn't do ) and with far expansion points.

This post has been edited by zookerz: Jun 13 2010, 22:30 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File cranebuild.KWReplay
Size: 274.4k
Number of downloads: 114
Player Name Side Team
.>.^.v.<.* 0
LittleKeeegs 0

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2awfuljustic3 Jun 25 2010, 22:54 PM
can't believe there are still noob players like this lol, i agree it wouldnt work vs nod, and any rush will counter it, but nice idea

+
# 3Gromij Jun 26 2010, 14:59 PM
by 2 min 30 you had just placed 2nd ref, had 3 harvs total.

Regular build gets 5th harv out well by then. You have a massive eco disadvantage. You are trying to power 2 build queues and a warfactory queue (3 in total) off an economy that simply cannot sustain it. Especially on this particular map, your opponent will probably have 3 ref 8 harv before your fast tech even hits T2. They will hit T3 before you because you will be stalled for cash, or they might steamroll you with 3 functional build queues of units. Besides that, any rush at all will destroy this.

Nice try, but cranes just do not work sad.gif

+
# 4zookerz Jun 26 2010, 23:51 PM
Yea, it probably wouldn't work on deci. If only I saved that rep from me v Raider where the crane build worked.

+
# 5ikkuh Jun 27 2010, 21:59 PM
what I have seen peopel like dackel do is going a crane while expanding on decision. They tech up to t3 with that crane, while still spamming out those units

+
# 6xxadamxx0001 Aug 14 2010, 10:14 AM
Hi I've been using the crane at the start of 40k games against Medium and hard ai. I play console so I a bit of a nooby but been playing for a while now. I find once you get a sizeble force and at least one other base at a tib field then go for the crane. By then you could be t2 but somtimes I have been rushed and have been stuck in a stalemate. Im not very good so any help would be awshum biggrin.gif

+
# 7zookerz Aug 17 2010, 23:11 PM
Crane's barely work on kw. The only thing they work for are expanding not at the beginning. Most games start with 10k so it'd be hard to get a 40k game and it wouldn't be much fun.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)