Explore GameReplays...

The Walking Dead

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21triumph Feb 13 2012, 21:08 PM
QUOTE(Vacant @ Feb 13 2012, 13:16 PM) *

>2012
>Watching an AMC show not expecting slow drama

But they can still (wtf edit - it said stick) have buckets of fun with piss poor pathetic plot lines!

This post has been edited by triumph: Feb 13 2012, 21:52 PM

Clan: EPIC

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 22Ninjabutter Feb 13 2012, 21:15 PM
QUOTE(Ana @ Feb 13 2012, 13:08 PM) *

Idk, I think he does his part pretty well. Not once have I looked and seen T-dog be not black.

Word, yo. Fo' shizzle.

Odd part is that for some reason I kind of like him. I can't figure out why, he has no discernible talent or use and provides nothing to the team, but I don't want to see him die. He's like a big black teddy bear.

Clan: Hardcore Prawn

Game: None

+
# 23Aberrance` Feb 13 2012, 21:17 PM
I also like how he is totally cool with his wife killing herself. I genuinely believe the writers have forgotten he exists.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 24Ninjabutter Feb 13 2012, 21:21 PM
Oh Christ, I'd forgotten that too.

Spoiler
That does suddenly make Carol seem even whinier and more melodramatic in comparison.

"Waaaah, my daughter's dead!"
"Bitch, my wife blew herself up rather than spend more time with me. Now shut the fuck up before I come over there and impregnate you."

+
# 25Aberrance` Feb 13 2012, 21:28 PM
I am debating whether or not I will continue following this shit. The plot is very contrived. The car crash, the walkers in the barn, the people magically finding them in the bar, oh, and I can't wait until the last words whispered by the scientist dude become some big deal.

+
# 26Ninjabutter Feb 13 2012, 21:33 PM
The thing in the bar pissed me off just because I looked away for like two seconds during their conversation to pick up my glass of milk and suddenly heard gunshots.

+
# 27Aberrance` Feb 13 2012, 21:34 PM
>milk

+
# 28Ninjabutter Feb 13 2012, 21:40 PM
Of the chocolate variety, no less.

Spoiler
With delicious Bailey's.

+
# 29Aberrance` Feb 13 2012, 21:43 PM
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?

+
# 30Ninjabutter Feb 13 2012, 21:48 PM
I have not. Am I missing something in my life?

+
# 31UNr34L Feb 13 2012, 21:52 PM
I expected the episode to at least be 1 hour...come on AMC writers. That shit was over before it started. I was also disappointed that there wasn't a bullet in Shane's face. Or the Blonde Cunt's face. Either of these would be fine.

Odd part is that for some reason I kind of like him. I can't figure out why, he has no discernible talent or use and provides nothing to the team, but I don't want to see him die. He's like a big black teddy bear.
Do I sense a crush tongue.gif ?

QUOTE(Ninjabutter @ Feb 13 2012, 23:38 PM) *
Spoiler
It's not like he's going to go find Hershel and then decide to just chill and hit the bar for a few hours before dragging him back home.
Spoiler
Except, well, that's exact...bah, fuck it. That whole scene were they just chill in a bar getting drunk in the middle of a zombie apocalypse was too lame to even discuss. So lame in fact, that it was actually pretty good.

Spoiler
Her eventually running off and having the car crash seriously felt like the writers trying to ram in a new plot arc where there was no legitimate reason for one.
Spoiler
I suspect the reason was that the baby got hurt and now she has to have an abortion. Or generally "my pregnant woman is in danger and I have to save her" arc I talked about earlier.

QUOTE(Ana @ Feb 14 2012, 00:17 AM) *
I also like how he is totally cool with his wife killing herself. I genuinely believe the writers have forgotten he exists.
That's because she wasn't his wife...

This post has been edited by UNr34L: Feb 13 2012, 22:00 PM

Game: Generals 2

+
# 32Aberrance` Feb 13 2012, 21:59 PM
But she was also black.

+
# 33Ninjabutter Feb 13 2012, 22:03 PM
QUOTE(UNr34L @ Feb 13 2012, 13:52 PM) *

Spoiler
Except, well, that's exact...bah, fuck it. That whole scene were they just chill in a bar getting drunk in the middle of a zombie apocalypse was too lame to even discuss. So lame in fact, that it was actually pretty good.

Yeah, it occurred to me while writing that that's basically what they ended up doing but, yeah. Just fuck logic anyway.

QUOTE(UNr34L @ Feb 13 2012, 13:52 PM) *

Spoiler
I suspect the reason was that the baby got hurt and now she has to have an abortion. Or generally "my pregnant woman is in danger and I have to save her" arc I talked about earlier.

The first suggestion is what I expected, too.
Spoiler
I expect she'll end up having a miscarriage, Lori no longer being pregnant will mean they don't need to stay any longer, and they can get the fuck away from Hershel's farm. That'll be useful when it's eventually overrun with zombies, because I expect fully well that's going to happen. It's the only place in the area code with a sizable human population and they're driving around, shooting guns, yelling at each other, and running in the woods. It's only a matter of time before every zombie in the time zone figures out they're there and swarms the place.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say the season's going to end with the farm being overrun, Hershel and his family dying with the exception of Maggie who takes off with Glen's party, and possibly Shane just hauling ass and leaving the rest of them for dead.

+
# 34UNr34L Feb 13 2012, 22:10 PM
Spoiler
At first I thought the farm was gonna get overwhelmed as well. But after the last episode, while still very plausible, it seems less and less likely. I think there's a very serious chance that the guys from the dead douchebags' camp will eventually find out what happened and attack the farm. If you've seen Dawn of the Dead (the old one), something similar happens, and TWD has quite a few similarities with Romero's movies.

+
# 35Ninjabutter Feb 13 2012, 22:19 PM
Spoiler
I personally didn't think the two guys had anyone else with them. They said they had people but given they clearly intended to attack Rick, Glen, and Hershel, that could have been a lie to either gain sympathy (by claiming they had wounded people that needed help), make themselves look more trustworthy (two guys out foraging for a group looks better than two guys out scavenging for themselves), or to imply that they'd have backup coming if Rick decided to attack them.

An attack on the farm by another group would make for a fun plot twist though, so I wouldn't object if that ended up happening. Either way, whether it's through zombies or douchebags, I really expect that place to be destroyed by season three.

+
# 36UNr34L Feb 13 2012, 22:25 PM
Spoiler
Why else would they go into all this drama if it served no plot purpose though? Well it could always be "hurr zombies heard gunshots bam bam bam lets get outta here", but I would like to believe there's something deeper than that.

+
# 37Ninjabutter Feb 13 2012, 22:36 PM
I figured it was just to make up for the otherwise complete lack of action in the episode laugh.gif

+
# 38Ninjabutter Feb 22 2012, 01:33 AM
Spoiler

Glen's pissing me off. I wanted to smack him.

Also, Lori's a retarded fucking bitch. Jesus Christ is she stupid. I'm seriously hoping she ends up dead at this rate as the collective odds of the group will ramp up dramatically when she goes.

Anyone else go sort of "wtf?" at the addition of the new kid that the other group left for dead?

+
# 39UNr34L Feb 22 2012, 02:48 AM
Spoiler
Lori is extremely retarded but I don't wanna see her gone. If anything because she's very very hot. Overall I liked the new episode, more action and at least the plot is going somewhere. Change of setting was nice too, at least it wasn't all shot at the fucking farm and they tried some new ideas that I was hoping for. To add to that, the fact that Shane and perhaps the blonde cunt will end up dead/exiled later on has brought my hopes up for the show. I'm also starting to like Hershel, his senile ravings are disappearing as he finally accepted what's going on. I would definitely like to see more of him, I like his acting skills and having a doctor in the group opens up many possibilities. What's wrong with Glen tho?

+
# 40Hooked Feb 22 2012, 04:02 AM
Hershel's a veterinarian, yo.

Game: StarCraft 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)