Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

CoH Replay Analyser

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 81Xuio Mar 10 2007, 00:36 AM
Ok, when i copied *.rec files from my c:\documents & settings\profile_name\my documents.... etc to game folder (on another drive - d:) analyser finally works.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 82ArxAchilleus Mar 11 2007, 11:55 AM
Guys this doesn t works for me!!!! VeryFunny.gif VeryFunny.gif VeryFunny.gif Every time i try to load a replay file it says: ''Can t load the file'' !!!!

Clan: ArX

+
# 83WISE Architect Mar 11 2007, 12:58 PM
You sure its a 1.5 replay?

Clan: [Wise]

+
# 84Chokobo Mar 11 2007, 14:37 PM
FANTASTIC PROGRAM!

and yes, it does need to be a 1.5 replay.

+
# 85Dyxtra Mar 11 2007, 15:20 PM
The 'Can't open file' message is because my program does not support all character sets (yet) so when the path to the replay file contains those characters, it can't open it. Try moving the replay to something like C:\ (or any path without dem craaaazy characters). Should work then.

Btw it doesn't have to be a 1.5 replay, 1.3-1.5 all work, so do 1.0-1.2 but they have some incorrect data here and there.

QUOTE(cvax @ Mar 8 2007, 20:47 PM) *

quick suggestion. it would also be nice to know who quit out of the game at the end so we can kind of figure out who won/loss

Good idea, I'll see what info I can dig up.

QUOTE(Thuffir @ Mar 9 2007, 12:27 PM) *

Thanks for this tool Dyxtra!

Have you ever considered going Open Source (maybe on Sourceforge) with this tool?
I guess you would receive pretty much support from the community and it's also easier to maintain/tack bugs.

Not so much releasing my code, but when I have the time I'd like to write down/organize/categorize and release the info I know about COH replays (after asking Relic if that's ok, I'm guessing it is but I'd better ask first) so other people can use it to make programs and other cool stuff much better than mine tongue.gif Don't expect this anytime soon though.

QUOTE(RunPower @ Mar 9 2007, 15:25 PM) *

How many commands/data have you actually decyphered (in percentage)?

Hmm, I'm guessing 90%.

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 86QuakerOatz Mar 11 2007, 18:47 PM
QUOTE(Entertainer @ Mar 7 2007, 11:06 AM) *

Hmm.. Is there a way to view a bigger map?

Dyxtra: Not right now. Maybe if enough people want it I'll add it.

I would also love a resizeable or 200% map feature, the map window is tiny both my desktop and laptop lcds which makes it really hard to see what's going on.

Thanks agains! I'm just starting to enjoy this awesome tool!

+
# 87ArxAchilleus Mar 12 2007, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the tip Dyxtra!!!It works fine now!!Propably coudn t work cause of my Greek charactes on folder's name! lol
Thanks again!!!! banana.gif

This post has been edited by Cpt.Papanikolis: Mar 12 2007, 02:37 AM

Clan: ArX

+
# 88Kazahkstan Mar 12 2007, 03:26 AM
Great tool. Found it amusing that HC was listed as "super-human" in my replays against him =)

I also had 2 more APM and he still won =(

+
# 89demonace Mar 12 2007, 04:07 AM
I looked at this tool and I go..."Ohhh no, here comes the part where I find out how many times I suck a min." I come to find out that the more I suck a min the more I lose.

So now i've hypothisized that the more I click the mouse at stuff the more I win.

Hope this works out for me.

HC has to have carpal tunnel with 45 CPM, what an @$$ .... :\

QUESTION: Does this also calculate in your hotkeys that you press?

This post has been edited by demonace: Mar 12 2007, 04:10 AM

+
# 90SgtBulldog Mar 12 2007, 10:55 AM
QUOTE(Dyxtra @ Mar 8 2007, 20:09 PM) *

What is tac-map format?

My suggestion was to use something like the in-game tactical map for a motion replay. Or to use the map of the kind you are currently using.

It would be so useful to see how players moved their forces and thus see a strategic replay, but still without having to run the game. You allready know where players had units and build stuff in a game so perhaps it could be put into a timeline and then animated?

I guess they won't let you use the code from the in-game tactical map, but perhaps you can use a customised one?

+
# 91Dyxtra Mar 14 2007, 21:43 PM
QUOTE(demonace @ Mar 12 2007, 05:07 AM) *

QUESTION: Does this also calculate in your hotkeys that you press?

Depends on what the hotkey does, if it's like a build command, then yes,. But stuff like assigning a number to a group with CTRL+# is not stored in the replay.

QUOTE(SgtBulldog @ Mar 12 2007, 11:55 AM) *

My suggestion was to use something like the in-game tactical map for a motion replay. Or to use the map of the kind you are currently using.

It would be so useful to see how players moved their forces and thus see a strategic replay, but still without having to run the game. You allready know where players had units and build stuff in a game so perhaps it could be put into a timeline and then animated?

I guess they won't let you use the code from the in-game tactical map, but perhaps you can use a customised one?

Ahh, tactical map smile.gif I've had a lot of requests to do a time-based map view so I'll see what I can do with that. I can't show unit locations though, since that's not stored in the replay (afaik).

+
# 92Vinz Mar 14 2007, 22:15 PM
QUOTE(Dyxtra @ Mar 14 2007, 22:43 PM) *

I can't show unit locations though, since that's not stored in the replay (afaik).

do u however know how to decode the unit movement data ? that has to be in the replay imo...

+
# 93_:Porta:_ Mar 14 2007, 22:17 PM
nice work amigo

+
# 94Zachariacd Mar 15 2007, 00:21 AM
QUOTE(Vinz @ Mar 14 2007, 18:15 PM) *

do u however know how to decode the unit movement data ? that has to be in the replay imo...

the only info the replay saves is the commands since all pathfinding and other ai is defined by code you don't need to have any of this information in the code, the only possibility of putting in movement data would be through analysis of the maps through a seperate program and exact stats on the movement of every unit and also the ai of those units which all determines where the unit is moving and pathfinding etc. in other words movement data would be imposible

+
# 95Vinz Mar 15 2007, 00:32 AM
good point ... i taught commands would be enough but obviously not smile.gif

Is it me or never built structures appear on the minimap ? didn't take the time to check if it appears in the stat but it probably does too ? if i give the order to build some barb wires then immediately cancel it i think it appears on the map.

+
# 96Hydrogen Mar 15 2007, 01:09 AM
QUOTE(RunPower @ Mar 7 2007, 08:17 PM)

I suggested that too, sadly the replayfiles don't keep records of kills. Only info on the commands and their coordinates are tracked, the game processes that and kills are then filled in by the game engine. I think that is the main reason why the files are kept so compact.

QUOTE(Dyxtra @ Mar 8 2007, 14:21 PM) *

Correction: that's what I think is the case, there is still data I haven't been able to decypher yet.

Replayfiles must record when units fire, whether the shot hit, and how much damage the shot did. I say this because these things are random and the replay must play exactly the same every time you view it. The only way I could see this stuff excluded is if they somehow record the random seed in the replay, but that seems really unlikely to me.

+
# 97Dyxtra Mar 18 2007, 14:40 PM
New version released! Get your COH Replay Analyzer 0.4 here.

Changelog 0.4
=============================

* Added Map View Player.
* Added Command Log filter.
* Added Unicode support.
* Added grouped movement tracking (under Command Statistics -> Move).
Example: "Moving 3 units: 20" means the player moved a group of 3 units 20 times (counts as 60 move commands).
* Added option to show lag messages in Chat Log.
* Added cancel, rally point, unit specific exit, speed build commands.
* Fixed missing Defensive Bombardment, Detonate the Goliath commands.
* Fixed Nebelwerfer production command not showing correctly.

Thanks for all your suggestions (haven't added all of them yet), especially the time-based Map View was a great idea.

+
# 98Vinz Mar 18 2007, 14:49 PM
nice great work dude!

+
# 992YearsofHell Mar 18 2007, 17:25 PM
Very nice improvements ! thumb.gif

All that is missing is now a bigger map !

+
# 100Dyxtra Mar 18 2007, 19:16 PM
QUOTE(Vinz @ Mar 15 2007, 01:32 AM) *

Is it me or never built structures appear on the minimap ? didn't take the time to check if it appears in the stat but it probably does too ? if i give the order to build some barb wires then immediately cancel it i think it appears on the map.

That's correct, it shows commands, not what's actually built.

QUOTE(2YearsofHell @ Mar 18 2007, 18:25 PM) *

Very nice improvements ! thumb.gif

All that is missing is now a bigger map !

Even bigger? I thought the size of the Map View Player was pretty big already tongue.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)