Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

CoH Replay Analyser

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 61cvax Mar 7 2007, 17:41 PM
i dont know if this has been suggested already (too lazy to read previous pages LOL) but it would be wicked if you could have the preview map populate the players various actions on a timeline. if youve seen the starcraft replays tools (im sure you have lol) its the play feature thing im talking about.

again, thanks for the awesome tool

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 62Dyxtra Mar 7 2007, 18:34 PM
QUOTE(Hefunutu @ Mar 6 2007, 07:28 PM) *

Am i special or something? Any replay im trying to open the program gives the "Could not open file." message

Very strange, if you are still having issues PM/e-mail me.

QUOTE(ramses @ Mar 6 2007, 07:44 PM) *

Hi Dyxtra-

are the informations/ statistics at the end of a game stored in replays? ) = endscreen/statistic- u know what i mean?

so u can look how much ressources the players collect etc, or how many infs was killed etc..

this would be very nice!

Not that I know of, I've looked a few times for that information since I really wanted to add it, but haven't been able to find it. I asked Relic but never got a response.

QUOTE(Entertainer @ Mar 7 2007, 11:06 AM) *

Hmm.. Is there a way to view a bigger map? 0wn3d.gif

Not right now. Maybe if enough people want it I'll add it.

QUOTE(cvax @ Mar 7 2007, 06:41 PM) *

i dont know if this has been suggested already (too lazy to read previous pages LOL) but it would be wicked if you could have the preview map populate the players various actions on a timeline. if youve seen the starcraft replays tools (im sure you have lol) its the play feature thing im talking about.

again, thanks for the awesome tool

I haven't seen those tools actually, wasn't much of an RTS player until COH smile.gif I'll check them out to see what that play feature is.

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 63Suprise Mar 7 2007, 19:04 PM
Surprise <3 Dyxtra, idea - show what each unit killed or damaged, so we can see side by side what units killed what, i.e riflesquad1 killed 10 volksgrenadiers, inflicted X damage.

+
# 64RunPower Mar 7 2007, 19:17 PM
QUOTE(Suprise @ Mar 7 2007, 08:04 PM) *

Surprise <3 Dyxtra, idea - show what each unit killed or damaged, so we can see side by side what units killed what, i.e riflesquad1 killed 10 volksgrenadiers, inflicted X damage.

I suggested that too, sadly the replayfiles don't keep records of kills. Only info on the commands and their coordinates are tracked, the game processes that and kills are then filled in by the game engine. I think that is the main reason why the files are kept so compact.

This post has been edited by RunPower: Mar 7 2007, 19:19 PM

+
# 65Freebo Mar 7 2007, 19:18 PM
Oooh, i like this, its verry good smile.gif

+
# 66mwaf Mar 7 2007, 20:00 PM
QUOTE(Dyxtra @ Mar 7 2007, 08:34 PM) *

Hmm.. Is there a way to view a bigger map?

Yes, please.

BTW, there is a bug in the chat log. It doesn't seem support a very wide range of characters since it'll cut off the sentence after an 'ä' for instance (a uml). Download this replay for an example. In that replay my comment "00:14:04 [All] mwaf: hmm, t" should be probably continue "00:14:04 [All] mwaf: hmm, tää "...

+
# 67Dyxtra Mar 7 2007, 21:01 PM
QUOTE(mwaf @ Mar 7 2007, 09:00 PM) *

BTW, there is a bug in the chat log. It doesn't seem support a very wide range of characters since it'll cut off the sentence after an 'ä' for instance (a uml). Download this replay for an example. In that replay my comment "00:14:04 [All] mwaf: hmm, t" should be probably continue "00:14:04 [All] mwaf: hmm, tää "...

You people and your crazy languages! Thanks for adding the replay I'll look into it.

+
# 68Backslider Mar 7 2007, 22:21 PM
Can you tell me what this is programmed in?

C++
.Net

and where did you get information about the replay file contents?

thanks.

+
# 69TDA Mar 7 2007, 23:20 PM
We have a support forum for CoH Replay Analyzer now: biggrin.gif
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...?showforum=1587

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: None

+
# 70SALUKI Mar 7 2007, 23:30 PM
I've been gone for a while, i'll definately have to check this out smile.gif.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 71Irvin Mar 8 2007, 10:03 AM
Great work. Must've taken you some time to get this goin.

+
# 72SgtBulldog Mar 8 2007, 10:28 AM
QUOTE(Dyxtra @ Mar 7 2007, 07:34 PM) *

I haven't seen those tools actually, wasn't much of an RTS player until COH smile.gif I'll check them out to see what that play feature is.

Me 2!

Dyxtra, please - would there be any option to do a replay in tac-map format? (or the format you are currently using)

+
# 73Dyxtra Mar 8 2007, 19:09 PM
QUOTE(Backslider @ Mar 7 2007, 11:21 PM) *

Can you tell me what this is programmed in?

C++
.Net

and where did you get information about the replay file contents?

thanks.

C++ and native (or whatever you wanna call it) Win32/Windows API. It is my first Windows program so it has some quirks here and there, I'm still learning.

I got 99,9% of the information by looking at the hex data of the replay files basically. I recieved one e-mail from Relic (thanks Buggo & anonymous Relic programmer wink.gif) with header info (type of game, game options, that kinda stuff) and the rest I figured out myself (ommands, coordinates etc.).

QUOTE(SgtBulldog @ Mar 8 2007, 11:28 AM) *

Me 2!

Dyxtra, please - would there be any option to do a replay in tac-map format? (or the format you are currently using)

What is tac-map format?

+
# 74Dyxtra Mar 8 2007, 19:21 PM
QUOTE(RunPower @ Mar 7 2007, 08:17 PM) *

I suggested that too, sadly the replayfiles don't keep records of kills. Only info on the commands and their coordinates are tracked, the game processes that and kills are then filled in by the game engine. I think that is the main reason why the files are kept so compact.

Correction: that's what I think is the case, there is still data I haven't been able to decypher yet.

+
# 75cvax Mar 8 2007, 19:47 PM
quick suggestion. it would also be nice to know who quit out of the game at the end so we can kind of figure out who won/loss

+
# 76Thuffir Mar 9 2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks for this tool Dyxtra!

Have you ever considered going Open Source (maybe on Sourceforge) with this tool?
I guess you would receive pretty much support from the community and it's also easier to maintain/tack bugs.

+
# 77RunPower Mar 9 2007, 14:25 PM
QUOTE(Dyxtra @ Mar 8 2007, 08:21 PM) *

Correction: that's what I think is the case, there is still data I haven't been able to decypher yet.

How many commands/data have you actually decyphered (in percentage)?

+
# 78Xuio Mar 9 2007, 20:33 PM
QUOTE(Hefunutu @ Mar 6 2007, 07:28 PM) *

Am i special or something? Any replay im trying to open the program gives the "Could not open file." message

Same thing here frusty.gif

+
# 79Vinz Mar 9 2007, 20:56 PM
QUOTE(Thuffir @ Mar 9 2007, 12:27 PM) *

Have you ever considered going Open Source (maybe on Sourceforge) with this tool?
I guess you would receive pretty much support from the community and it's also easier to maintain/tack bugs.

that would be sweet and sourceforge is awesome smile.gif

+
# 80Mortar Mar 9 2007, 22:17 PM
Proof positive that COH has one of the best communities in gaming. Outstanding work Dyxtra...and THANK YOU!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)