Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

3v3 TF GLA Guide

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Oxyde Oct 4 2006, 14:18 PM
GLA middlespot 3v3 Guide

Attached Image
Most GLAís doing wrong 3v3 on TFAttached Image. They expand 2much on their own oil, and simply forget about their 3rd. partner. This Guide shuld help most beginners/normal players to get a better start on playing GLA. You will still have to be smart on playing these tacts, caus only spamming aint the only thing to win, a tactic can only bring u a bit far, u have to do the rest alone by outsmarting the enemy and a good micro. In a real game there will be some situations where u have to think at ur own, and not just keep on playing the tactic like I said it.
If there are any problems with understanding me, just ask me! I know my English sucks.

In every tactic here u have to sell ur Command centerAttached Image like usual, take the advanced training upgrade for techsAttached Image and go for jarmenAttached Image/bombtrucksAttached Image. Use waypoint so u dun loose any sped with workersAttached Imageetc.

SS= Supply StashAttached Image
AD= ArmsdealerAttached Image
TT= terrortechAttached Image

DUAL AD
Attached File 3v3_GLA_dual_WF.rep
Size: 470.21k
Number of downloads: 209
Player Name Side Team
[Dude]-NuuB 0

If there are 1 or 2 china at ur side, u shuld use this tact. Its maybe hard to get up with it because you have to play without any tunnels in the beginning.

Weakness: early MD or FB dropz of USA
  • 1st Worker goes for SSAttached Image
  • 2nd Worker goes for middle hill SSAttached Image
  • 3rd Worker to the middle entrance
  • 4th Worker middle entrance
  • 5th Worker free supply
  • Que 3 extra Workers per supply stash and send the Worker which built it for making money there 2.
  • 3rd and 4th Worker build AD Attached Imagenext to the entrance ASAP, use waypoints to owe time, and mark ur ADAttached Image and barracksAttached Image with ctrl+any number, what makes it easier to produce more units while u are fighting, just hit the number u used (I prefer 0+9 for AD , 8 for barracks and 1-7 for units) and u can choose what unit u want to have.
  • If the u finished both AD send 1 worker to the oil, and build a barracks with 1 worker next to the entrance.
    Start spamming mass of ScorpionsAttached Image/techsAttached Image/toxinsAttached Image to ur, and ur partners oil. Donít forget to get the Scorpion Missile upgrade, you will need it to kill some ThíS or bmís.
  • If ur barracks are finished que 4 terrorsAttached Image in it, and set up 1 tunnel on the middle entrance and at ur oil.

Never forget to SPAMM SPAMM SPAMMM
  • load the 4 terrors u made into a tech and drive him to enemy oil/wf/barracks, press E to get em out of the tech and kill any buildings with it.
    With 4 Terrors u can take out 1 oil, 1 WF
    With 3 terrors u can kill GLAís tunnel
    With 2 terrors easy kill barracks
  • By the time you shuld have hold ur oil, or even advanced for enemy oils. Watch out how ur 3rd partner is doing on the solo side, and if he is weaken help him, or help him moving forward.
  • Donít forget to build a Palace and Tunnel up the other entrances.
  • If you lost the oils make 1 more barracks and pump out terrortechs to destroy oil/WF/Barracks or even bunkers/units
The point of this tact is to overrun the enemy be4 he really can get a huge army. Never forget that ur got an important position if u are on middle, ur m8s will need ur help, so dun dream 2 much.

Classic middle GLA opening
Attached File 3v3_Middlespot.rep
Size: 278.6k
Number of downloads: 179
Player Name Side Team
[Dude]-NuuB 0

Makes u able to help ur m8s out fast and hard.

• 1st worker SSAttached Image
  • 2nd Worker middle hill SSAttached Image
  • 3rd Worker oils
  • 4th Worker other oils
  • 5th Worker BarracksAttached Image
  • If supply is done build a AD Attached Imagewith ur 1st Worker next to the supply stash
  • build a tunnelAttached Image next to ur AD and Barracks with 5th worker
  • tunnel the oils with 3rd and 4th worker
  • que 4 terrorsAttached Image at ur barracks and 1 tech at ur AD, search for enemy WF/barracks/oil and
    destroy it
  • go for free supply with 2nd worker if hes finish
  • help ur m8s with massive scorpsAttached Image/terrortechsAttached Image/toxinsAttached Image or if enemy got airforce use quadsAttached Image.
Lord Silons GLA tact
Attached File lord_silons_3v3_gla_tact.rep
Size: 368.04k
Number of downloads: 144
Player Name Side Team
[Dude]-NuuB 0

My personal, fav. Gla Tact

Lord-Silon used to do this:
This tact will give u 2 oils and the ability to help ur partners. Maybe your partners will make some problems because u take 1 of their oils, but it gives u a nice money float.
Tough its hard caus ur partners wont have that much money then, but u shuld be able to outspamm the enemys and help ur m8s .

• 2nd worker middle hill SSAttached Image
  • 3rd worker oil
  • 4th worker other oil
  • 5th worker barracksAttached Image
  • as soon as ur 1st worker finished the SS build a AD Attached Imagenext to it.
  • if 5th worker is ready with the barracks go for a tunnelAttached Image next to AD and barracks
  • que 2 rebelsAttached Image at the barracks and get the capture buildings upgrade Attached ImageASAP
  • tunnel the oils with 3rd and 4th worker
  • grab 1 of each oils that means: 1 oil at ur side, and 1 oil on ur partners side. Donít forget to
    tell ur partners that u will take some of the oils first, because they will may kill ur rebels, or kill ur base or quit.(pffff nubz)
  • build up 1 more SSAttached Image at the free supply if 2nd worker finished the middle SS
  • go for 4 terrorsAttached Image and techAttached Image again and destroy enemy oil/wf/barracks
  • tunnel all entrances and build a 2nd AD or Palace of the money u got by the oils.
  • help on both sides with a good mixed army of quadsAttached Image/scorpsAttached Image/toxinsAttached Image/techsAttached Image

Techrush tact
Attached File Techrush.rep
Size: 774.92k
Number of downloads: 172
Player Name Side Team
[Dude]-NuuB 0

The tactics I described above will work in evry game (rushgame/no rushgame). This1 only works on rush games:
  • 2nd Worker middle entrance  barracksAttached Image
  • 3rd Worker middle hill SS
  • 4th Worker middle entrance  ADAttached Image
  • 5th Worker middle entrance  tunnelAttached Image
  • if barracks are finished, que 4 terroristsAttached Image in it and build 1 more tunnel at the middle entrance with ur 2nd Worker.
  • if main supply finished build a tunnel there with ur 1st worker, this will make u able to push back any attemps of rushing by gats, FB or techs fast.
  • If the 3rd worker finished the SS @ the middle hills let him build 1 more tunnel there and garrison the both buildings with the 2 RPGís Attached Imageif the tunnel is finished.
  • As soon as the AD is finish que a techAttached Image put 4 RPGís of the tunnels in it and 1 Worker.
  • Que 1 more Tech
  • Put the 4 terrorist in the tech and 1 worker.
  • Send ur 2 techs 2gether in the enemy base (1 middle hills and 1 right/leftside hills)
  • Take the worker which build the main SS and send him to of ur main entrances, take the Worker of the middle hills SS and send him to another entrance, build a tunnel there.
  • Pull out the worker of the tech with the terrorists and let him build a tunnel.
  • pull out the worker and 3 of the RPGís of the tech and garrison the buildings @ the hills with the RPGís, for that u shuld bring ur tech close to these buildings so ur units dun have to walk too long. Build 1 tunnel with the worker next to the garrisoned building.
  • select the Tech with the terrors and drive through enemy base till u found a building like SS, WF, Power or AF and destroy it with the terrors.
  • whilst u are playing 2Fast2furious @ the enemy base u shuld of produced a small army of scorpsAttached Image and co. and shuld off built a 3rd SS
  • If u got lucky there shuld be at least 1 tunnel of u in the enemy base, evacuate ur army u built and go to destroy the enemy base.
  • Never forget to help left and right side. And if u are gettiní fuckkeg at ur mainbase donít expand toomuch for enemy base, but keep the enemy busy. Just remember: no money=no army!

One Side ownage
Attached File One_Side_Ownage.rep
Size: 321.99k
Number of downloads: 180
Player Name Side Team
[Dude]-NuuB 0

Weakness: early MD or FB dropz of USA or enemy driving in at the middle entrance.

This is needed if there are 2strong enemys at ur side, you will have to help at this side with everything u got. I personally donít like this tact much caus it makes u weak at the main entrances. But Iíve sin a player called me using this tactic nearly flawless. Here we go:
  • 1st Worker SSAttached Image
  • 2nd Worker near to enemy oils
  • 3rd Worker next to ur own oil
  • 4th Worker BarracksAttached Image near main SSAttached Image
  • 5th Worker middle hill SSAttached Image
  • As soon as the 1st Worker finished the SS build an ADAttached Image next to it.
  • build the tunnelsAttached Image with the 2nd/3rd Worker like u can see it in the replay.
  • build a tunnel next to the barracks with the 4th worker.
  • Que 4 terroristAttached Image if u there is atleast 1 China or USA player at ur side.
  • Que 1 techAttached Image @ ur AD
  • build 1 tunnel next to middle hills SS with ur 5th Worker.
  • load the terrors in the tech and search for WF etc. like I described it above.
  • If the tunnel next to the enemy oil is finished pump out everything u got and destroy the enemy oil an everything else u can find, try to do as much damage as possible. That shuld give ur partner the time to expand to the oils and take em while u hold the enemy back.
  • if enemy oils are destroyed u shuld build a 3rd SS and close all entrances with tunnels, build a 2nd AD and a PalaceAttached Image. If u prefer to go on killing u can do this, but its much easier if u got 2 ADís and a Palace. Tough this doesent means that u can stop fighting at the oils or help ur other m8.
I hope this will help anybody ^.^

Gr33tz
[Dude]-NuuB-

This post has been edited by -NuuB-: Oct 8 2006, 13:16 PM

Clan: Shield

Game: Graphics

+
# 2Herr_General Oct 6 2006, 00:05 AM
nice although the layout could use some work, also include some ss,

and btw the third bo leaves ur teamm8's with lil cash and urself with loads, imo the three middle supplies
should be enough sleep.gif

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 3Oxyde Oct 6 2006, 15:32 PM
told u that the teamm8s may dun like it, and the layout is caus i made it on my laptop @ school on words
i just paste it tbh

but i will work on it some more time with pics ss etc

+
# 4Cypher Oct 7 2006, 10:51 AM
Sounds good, thanks for your input! thumb.gif
Most of the times I've encountered fast tech strategies by the Gla players, i.e a very fast palace, then early BM spam just to get the economy running and then spam out of 2 - 3 arms dealers. You have to keep in mind that these strategies are vulnerable to Usa md drops, though. (I used to do that and you can easily destroy an AD and a few supplies here and there - two good partners and you win that game easily against gla/usa/china, for instance)

I also like to drop a worker on their side, but it's a common strategy nowadays. sad.gif

Game: Blizzard

+
# 5Oxyde Oct 7 2006, 11:54 AM
ty for the tipps cypher, the main point is that most usas dun like to drop mds vs gla! but how i said, ill spend some more time to make better laayout/ more strats and i will post some harder strats for better players

+
# 6Oxyde Oct 7 2006, 11:59 AM
btw this is ment to be a start guide for nubz, i dun want to face em with the hard ''drop truth>'' tongue.gif

+
# 7Skynny Oct 7 2006, 15:44 PM
Pin for the moment. =]

+
# 8Oxyde Oct 8 2006, 01:31 AM
thx skynny

1 question, where can i get these nice lil pics which u used on ur 2v2 guide for usa (tough i need these for gla)

and i culd need some CONSTRUCTIVE tipps for the layout

+
# 9Skynny Oct 8 2006, 04:10 AM
Just rightclick on the pics and "save picture as" then add attachment. To put the pic where you want just use the "Add into post" feature. Good layouts just need decent organization. The list feature helps a lot:

CODE
[list]
[*]Step one
[*]Step two
[*]Etc
[/list]

It would look like this:
  • Step one
  • Step two
  • Etc

+
# 10Oxyde Oct 8 2006, 10:59 AM
thx very much,i will work on this within the next 2-3 days then ill edit it!
great that u helped me

+
# 11Oxyde Oct 8 2006, 13:14 PM
how does it look now jesper? better layout? tough i culdnt take any ss becaus my F1-12 bars are broken

This post has been edited by -NuuB-: Oct 8 2006, 13:14 PM

+
# 12Skynny Oct 9 2006, 09:00 AM
You can use GameCam and change the hotkey settings for "Screen Capture" to anything you want as an alternative. smile.gif

+
# 13Oxyde Oct 9 2006, 18:13 PM
really? i shuld try this

+
# 14Herr_General Oct 10 2006, 12:00 PM
QUOTE(-NuuB- @ Oct 8 2006, 03:14 PM) *

how does it look now jesper? better layout? tough i culdnt take any ss becaus my F1-12 bars are broken

Dude, Sweet! biggrin.gif

looks very nice now, i like the lil pics of untis and structures,

gj thum.gif

This post has been edited by Herr_General: Oct 10 2006, 12:01 PM

+
# 15Lenny Oct 10 2006, 17:35 PM
Nice guide m8. Will be usefull for nubz lyk skynneh.

Clan: -|NwM|

+
# 16Oxyde Oct 10 2006, 17:42 PM
i dont think skynneh need this guide to play 3v3 GLA blush.gif like i said: its more for nubz like creamy or liam

+
# 17Killahghost Oct 12 2006, 11:34 AM
You missed the tripple supply version, this one gives you the same cash flow as the last one you mentioned .. except you dont get into a fight with your team about taking their oils;)

It is a bit more vunarable in a rush game as now you got 2 "undefended" stashes, however its very powerfull in a no rush game (and if not getting dropped on then also in a rush game)

I will write something up.

Other Q .. you realy think its usefull to upgrade your technicals? (you mentioned in 1 of the strats) basicly i only see the use of it incase you go for massive tech spam (10+ techs) for "regular spamming" I think its just a waist of promotions.

Also i`m not too much of a fan of the "use tunnel that protects opening" to let units enter.
multiple reasons :

-->Makes workers walk further to start building, and we all know they are slow. so you got 3 workers building later as they should.

-->Not enough space to build multiple ADs / Rax

-->If someone wants in they always use migs / or promotions on this area ... the collateral damage can be enormous (you are fighting in mid, and your units are waiting to enter tunnel)

I always build a tunnel in mid, and then build my rax / ad1 / ad2 / adN around it, ok , this costs 1 more tunnel , but that is covered by my 3rd SS smile.gif

as said i will write up the 3 SS strat and attach it to a text document so you can just copy paste it in your strat overview. (would be stupid to add it in the bottom somewhere)

-Urn-

This post has been edited by Killahghost: Oct 12 2006, 11:43 AM

+
# 18Trixx Oct 14 2006, 11:43 AM
I would never upgrade my techs in 3v3. At start you should take NO upgrade so you can use the 3 star upgrades earlier sleep.gif

The Tunnels in middle you can build later, 1st you should try to expand to oils. But never take them yourself VeryFunny.gif The Player outside needs them and you have 3 supplies for that.

Still a good starting guide to learn some basics of GLA thumb.gif

This post has been edited by Trixx: Oct 14 2006, 11:46 AM

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: League of Legends

+
# 19Trixx Oct 14 2006, 11:44 AM
I would never upgrade my techs in 3v3. At start you should take NO upgrade so you can use the 3 star upgrades earlier sleep.gif

The Tunnels in middle you can build later, 1st you should try to expand to oils to help your m8s. Never take them youself VeryFunny.gif The Player outside needs them and you have 3 supplies for that.

Still a good starting guide to learn some basics of GLA thumb.gif

-E- Sorry for double post, Server mistake post-13661-1143531603.gif

This post has been edited by Trixx: Oct 14 2006, 11:47 AM

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: League of Legends

+
# 20Killahghost Oct 16 2006, 11:52 AM
QUOTE(Trixx @ Oct 14 2006, 01:43 PM) *

But never take them yourself VeryFunny.gif The Player outside needs them and you have 3 supplies for that.

Just to emphasize that quote, one of the smartest thing said combined with my next line :

TELL THE 1v1 PLAYER TO LEAVE THE Xtra supply alone

multiple reasons :

- He (should wink.gif) have 2 oils (preff. 4 )
- A single chinook can mess up your cash flow, as it take a chin a lot longer to fetch money (now if you realy in noob game, then you got 6 workers / 2 supply truck and 2 chinooks getting at same supply ... this way you are F-ed)

Supply: =$37500

USA : 1 supply ($2000) + 2 chinooks ($1200 each) =$ 4400
GLA : 1 supply ($1500) + 6 workers ($200 each) =$ 2700
China : 1 supply ($1500) + 2 trucks ($600 each) =$ 2700

Leaves: =$27700

each player> ~$9000(approx. as USA and china get more then GLA)

this $9k aint worth Sh*t as you gotto wait for it for ages to come in. For USA it would mean he makes $5600 in about ... 15 min. if lucky, oil gives (i think) $200 every 10-15 seconds so worst case you get $12k in 15 min. at oil with investment of capture upgrade ($1000) and a ranger ($225)

to say it more easy > it takes your workers (all 6) 6 rounds to pay back for your supply and workers , on top of that the usa and china players come in between so basicly, it takes 60 cash "lifts" before you acctualy start to make money on that supply.

Now if you still dont get it, JUST DONT SHARE EXTRA SUPPLY !wink.gif

If i see anoter player take that extra supply i try to ask him (nice)to stop /leave (ok ok, sometimes not so nice;)) before i blow up his stuff with demo traps. (team m8 or not, dont F with my supplies biggrin.gif)

- Urn -

This post has been edited by Killahghost: Oct 16 2006, 14:07 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)