Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Newbie search for a mentor

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1*Ugluk* Mar 29 2019, 13:42 PM
Today, 09:24 AM
Hi all guys,I'm new in this amazing game. I played all the 3 games (Bfme ,Bfme2 and Rotwk) a a long time ago ams never online.I'm interested in learning to become a good player. I use to see builds order on greplays and focusing myself in isengard and mordor. I have lot of problems in the micro and timing part of the game. I played 4v4 games but I've just read Muadd post that for improve your playstyle ls better to play 1v1 or 2v2! So with a lot of humility I ask if some good players could help me in the Next weeks/months to imprpve myself. I would also thank the destroyer whose videos make me rejoin this game! My interest ia especcially in mordor and isengard
Best regards ,Ugluk and thank you

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2Ab3r` Apr 2 2019, 13:52 PM
Hello and welcome to the community!

It's great that you're actively looking to improve your skills, you're correct the best way to improve is to focus on playing 1v1 games mainly. 4v4 games are very focused on large army engagements, powers and heroes but they aren't great for improving your macro skills which is key to becoming a good RTS player.

Unfortunately there is no quick fix to becoming a good player but a few things that will dramatically help improve your game play:
  • 1 Hotkeys, talk to any good player and they will wax lyrical about hotkey usage, learn the basic universal commands like stances, attack move etc but also learn the hotkey for common units like uruks, orcs etc so you don't have to look at your base every time you want to buy troops
  • 2 Replays Download replays to learn common build orders, you can see which games have experts in them which would be a great starting point, you should even consider uploading a few replays and asking for help in specific situations, tell us what you're struggling with etc
  • 3 Join our discord server, here you can ask more quickfire questions and keep up to date with the conversations around the game, you should also consider checking out all the active twitch streamers, AndySan and Solas are the most active experts that regularly stream 1v1 games.

Hope this info helps!

+
# 3*Ugluk* Apr 4 2019, 12:47 PM
Thank You so much Ab3r. I'm going to follow all your tips.smile.gif

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)