New Recruiting Thread

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1lelderlBOMBADIL Sep 8 2007, 20:31 PM
Current Games
Supcom Primary
BFME2 Secondary RTS
TF2 Primary
Crysis Secondary FPS

If you are at least 18 years old and above, maybe you will consider getting in our elder Clan smile.gif

We are a Clan of guys that enjoy the fun of playing games ... Many of us have a life (wives, kids, jobs...etc)

We like to relax by gaming but also want some hard competition. We are Clan-War-ready even though it is not our top priority to own in CW.

We are not looking for losers who can't stand a defeat. If you can't control yourself when your mad, then dont bother reading further. We want goodsport guys who can play the game and have fun with it. We win, awesome. We lose, we keep up the good fight and hopefully learn from this....

We are not necessarely looking for pros. If you can stand your ground a little and have a nice and decent personality and the heart of a noob, then you are more than welcome!

If you are interested, please Post in our this Topic. Get all infos required and you will be contacted shortly after!

We need to know if you are interested in playing in CW, how often you play, and what time you come on so Numenor or I can meet you (see below)

Sincerely,

Numenor and Bombadil smile.gif

If you are interested in joining Our Clan, please Post here as follow :

IMPORTANT : Guys, if you want to get into |elder| I need a way to contact you while I'm in game. You need to get some instant messenger tool so that we can actually get together in game. If I can't reach you, try you out and such, you won't be able to get in. Thank you for your understanding smile.gif

Online Name :

Age (must be over 20) :

Playing what PC Games :

Average Hours played per week :

Location & Time Zone :

X-Fire id :

MSN :

Interests in Clan Wars? : (This may seem irrelevant but it could be usefull.) If you are mainly looking for a fun bunch of guys your age, but do not feel the need to CW at all, tell me. That way, we can get more people on the Clan for practice and fun purposes only.

Specials* : Why would you like to join elder| and is there anything special you can do for the Clan (optional only...Only if you are interested AND HAVE THE TIME in doing something special for the Clan... Could be anything from creating banners/avatars/website, interest in being a Captain or have some rank inside the Clan, would like to organize events for the Clan (inter-Clan friendly competitions, or VS other Clans competition, create special threads in Forum, Public relations.... Anything else you may see fit and fun for the Clan. Of course, this will give us an idea only and will not necessarily be needed.)

This post has been edited by |elder|BOMBADIL: Dec 14 2007, 01:13 AM

Clan: |elder| & |eldar|

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 2Rochirrim Dec 18 2007, 10:13 AM
What?! You only need to be 18+? What happened to the 20+ limit? The elder get younger and younger, he? tongue.gif At the moment I like playing the SEE mod and Rotwk (yeah, flame me), but if I ever made it into clan wars, I certainly would consider joying the elder clan. Good luck! thumb.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 3lelderlBOMBADIL Dec 19 2007, 02:28 AM
So are you interested in joining?

+
# 4The Poet Dec 19 2007, 03:03 AM
QUOTE(|elder|BOMBADIL @ Dec 18 2007, 21:28 PM) *

I am.
I'm 18+ ................12 and I play games. I think I should be in elder simply beacuse my daughter told me yesterday that I am VERY old.....

Do I have to beat Ap0c in a game to be let back in? If so, I'll choose the game: how about archery?

This post has been edited by The Poet: Dec 19 2007, 03:03 AM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 5Rochirrim Dec 19 2007, 13:22 PM
QUOTE(|elder|BOMBADIL @ Dec 19 2007, 02:28 AM) *

Not at the moment. Have also too much other things in real life at the moment, that require my attention. But again, IF I should get around to join CW one day, the Elder clan is the place number 1 to be! thumb.gif

+
# 6cogsci Dec 22 2007, 19:41 PM
Hey Mates,

I just saw the post on the bfme Portal with the announcement that you are recruiting. Now I would be interested in joining, personal information below.

Age (must be over 20) :25

Playing what PC Games : BFME 2/ROTWK

Average Hours played per week :around 10-15

Location & Time Zone : Switzerland, UTC/GMT +1 hour

X-Fire id : cogsci

MSN : none

Interests in Clan Wars? : Generally speaking yes.
My situation is as follows. I played only ROTWK until some weeks ago. After reading the posts of the (supposedl) hypocrites that still played BFME2, saying ROTWK is shit, I played some games on BFME2 1.06. I eventually found out the hypocrites were right and that bfme 2 is alot funnier than ROTWK -smile.gif.
But soon I got pissed by the downfalls of 1.06 (mainly the eagle&Glorfindel Lamage , Ara& Boro Lamage). Then I discovered the wonderfull thing called BTP, which I downloaded and installed. Now I cant wait to play that Patch online. I would like to eventually play cw, but at the moment im not sure wheter im good enough, especially bc I dont now how serious you are about your rank. OFC i would also be glad to play just some FFG.
However I will gladly provide the only two BTP replays I have so far, both are version 2.2. Im the player fbsdbsdbds (or something alike).
However, there was terribly lag, for my opponent on the first one, for me on the second replay (as Isen).
@DarkSanta: If you should see this I hope you have no problem with me posting them, since I couldnt ask you anymore-smile.gif)!

Specials* : None so far. I would be glad to contribute if there are some usefull things i could do.

Attached File(s)
Attached File eigen_gg_isen_gobs_btp2.2.BfME2Replay
Size: 65.09k
Number of downloads: 34
Player Name Side Team
PsX|Dunedain 0
fabdsbdabdab* 0
Attached File eigen_gg_gobsDwarfs_btp2.2.BfME2Replay
Size: 45.82k
Number of downloads: 38
Player Name Side Team
fabdsbdabdab* 0
PsX|Dunedain 0

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 7lelderlBOMBADIL Dec 23 2007, 01:56 AM
Hi cogsci thanks for applying. I will be looking at your application, but please be patient you have apply just before Christmas and things are very busy for elders (we all have family that may not understand this gaming thing). I will be in contact with you.

Tom
Clan Leader

+
# 8Azamon Dec 23 2007, 09:09 AM
w00t.gif a btp player in my timezone!! You have my vote already !! happy.gif

+
# 9cogsci Jan 1 2008, 14:49 PM
@Bombadil: No problem mate I was more or less away over the holidays anyway. Of course I understand if you give more importance too your family than to gaming issues -smile.gif. Just take your time!

@Azamon: Nice, Thank you . Looking for ward for some games!

+
# 10ZinzanChoo Jan 8 2008, 01:06 AM
Don’t listen to nub Adam. If you join elder I’ll show u how to beat him and make his palms sweat… tongue.gif j/k ofc

Btw mate, do you stay awake for silly hours? If you do then Australia ftw and we’ll practice some 1vs1 BTDC.

a cool Euro

Sorry bro'.
Doesn't exist tongue.gif

+
# 11cogsci Jan 8 2008, 20:56 PM
QUOTE(ZinzanChoo @ Jan 8 2008, 02:06 AM) *
Don't listen to nub Adam. If you join elder I'll show u how to beat him and make his palms sweat… tongue.gif j/k ofc

biggrin.gif I hope so.

Btw mate, do you stay awake for silly hours? If you do then Australia ftw and we'll practice some 1vs1 BTDC.

Well not normally. But it happens from time to time, especcially on weekends. Seeing as the time difference is 10 hours this would be no problem, if you could play in the morning or early afternoon. I am also a student so doesnt matter to much if it happens on a regular day smile.gif Would be glad to practice some games!

Sorry bro'.
Doesn't exist tongue.gif

I beg to differ...

+
# 12lelderlBOMBADIL Jan 12 2008, 17:46 PM
Cogsci
I thought I PMed you, I might have forgot, I am elder.

+
# 13Adamskidrummer Jan 22 2008, 18:35 PM
QUOTE(|elder|BOMBADIL @ Jan 12 2008, 17:46 PM) *

Cogsci
I thought I PMed you, I might have forgot, I am elder.

Haha who deleted my post? I wasn't even trying to steal him lmao

"I AM Elder"

"You cant handle the Truth" springs to mind lol

Im sure you didnt mean it like that but it is funny lol

Clan: Marvel Super Heroes

+
# 14Amort Jan 24 2008, 18:23 PM
QUOTE(Adamskidrummer @ Jan 22 2008, 13:35 PM) *

Haha who deleted my post? I wasn't even trying to steal him lmao

"I AM Elder"

"You cant handle the Truth" springs to mind lol

Im sure you didnt mean it like that but it is funny lol

OMG, Adams post drunk again.tongue.gif

Game: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

+
# 15Adamskidrummer Jan 27 2008, 17:33 PM
QUOTE(Amort @ Jan 24 2008, 18:23 PM) *

OMG, Adams post drunk again.tongue.gif

Drunk? ohmy.gif Never!..... whistling.gif

Clan: Marvel Super Heroes

+
# 16Zrtsix May 6 2008, 04:25 AM
Online Name : Zrtsix

Age (must be over 20) : 43

Playing what PC Games : TF2

Average Hours played per week : 10 hours

Location & Time Zone : Nashville, TN USA - Central time
X-Fire id : zrtsix

MSN : Do not have...

Interests in Clan Wars? : Possible in the future.

Hello!
I played tonight TF2 with a couple of the guys from the clan. I liked how you were all very friendly and weren't obnoxious to non clan players. I was playing under another name - who farted - but my normal name is Zrtsix.
Thanks!
Steve

+
# 17Dredvard May 7 2008, 03:52 AM
Yes I saw you playing the other night! "Who Farted?" Is the best name!!! I laughed everytime I saw it. Add dredvard to your steam friends name and see you online!!

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 18Amort May 8 2008, 19:25 PM
Hello and Welcome in elder forum Zrtsix, btw i really laugh a lot when seeing your TF2
name "who farted" lmao.

A lot of elder play TF2, some play supcom FA and bfme2.

So be patient, the older of the clan will come soon here to give you some direction.
this is the one with white hair and beard... our Boss.

For the rest, this is out of my function, im only a single soldier here and im also only
a french Canadian lol.

Cya

edit:my tip, post more in the public forum, add xfire and play with elder. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Amort: May 14 2008, 13:52 PM

Game: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

+
# 19Azamon May 25 2008, 16:58 PM
possibly yet another steve in elder smile.gif, welcome to the forum!

+
# 20lelderlBOMBADIL Jun 4 2008, 00:14 AM
He zrtsix thanks for applying I have sent you a PM and sent a invite on stream. Lets talk and lets play.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)