Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Mass Effect

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1lelderlAp0C Jan 18 2010, 23:29 PM
I am trying to complete this game again on a second run.

The story is awesome, the visuals and art design are awesome, the environments are awesome...BUT..the combat has some serious issues.

The biggest issue is path finding of your allies. The allies are not very responsive, and the environment and general characteristic of the combat do not cater at all to diversity in your tactical decisions.

Anyways I have some questions and wonder if anyone knows the answer.

Do the enemies scale in difficulty with your level? Because I was completing the boss battle on Noveria and it was essentially impossible on veteran difficulty (which is only the second highest). Only thing is, is that it was the first world I went to after the Citadel. So I am thinking it is so difficult because I am still low level, and do not have many goodies.

In Mass Effect 2, coming out in little over a week, Bioware said they are really focusing on improving combat. I have my reservations though. From what I have seen so far, they added many more cool powers, and much bigger weapons and explosions. I could do without those, as long as they added responsive squad mates, and environments designed to allow tactical control of your squad mates. We will see.

On another note, one of the new characters is this beautiful brunette. She seems so ridiculous it is not even funny. She has long, flowing, gorgeous hair, that seems more suited to a Vidal Sassoon commercial, than to a laser blaster fire fight. I am sorry, this character seems so out of place and such a contradiction. I assume you get to shag the bejesus out of her eventually....

Is it me or do the facial expressions in this video just seem off?

This post has been edited by |elder|Ap0C: Jan 18 2010, 23:30 PM

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 2lelderlAp0C Jan 20 2010, 04:00 AM
I am super excited about a new piece of info I heard in a video.

Back when I played Fallout3, and eventually beat it, I felt like it was a little short. But there were so many little side missions that were left. But I really did not feel at all like doing them. There were exactly that.....side missions. Extraneous to the main plot, the ultimate goal.

I thought it would be awesome if the side quests were indirectly made mandatory. Make the difficulty of the main story to a level that requires you to play side missions, and attain the experience and loot. Without playing a certain amount of side missions, you will essentially be ill equipped to achieve your ultimate goal of completing the main story.

This concept might, or might not be implemented in Mass Effect 2. I kind of got some info suggesting this might be the case in the following video. If so I am stoked!!!!

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14235019/mas...iary_11910.html

+
# 3The Poet Jan 20 2010, 22:57 PM
Well, there are a number of side things to do in ME1 that will help boost the XP of your character/squad > kill everything, find minerals and stuff. I'm having a hard time recalling the levels atm, but the only person I had a hard time beating was the evil Spectre (forgot his name) and that was at the end. I think I played it on Veteran.. it is 3rd hardest (casual, normal, hardcore, insanity). I cannot remember if it got harder or not, but having the right teammates with you can help..... I'll have to play a 3rd character to remmeber the game better though wink.gif

Clan: |elder| & |eldar|

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 4The Poet Jan 21 2010, 16:17 PM
Just started a 3rd game, hardcore level, vanguard character (first 2 were soldier and sentinal). Hopefully I can beat the game in less than 40 hours play time like the easier levels..... Looking forward to ME2 biggrin.gif

+
# 5lelderlAp0C Jan 21 2010, 16:22 PM
The game has got so much easier now. It is actually wierd.

That battle with Benezia must have been really hard, and I must have been really under equipped. Now that I have some heavy armor, and some fancy new guns, thing are going almost too easy now. wacko.gif

I am only 8 hours in, and I have many of the ability lines already near max. Do you play most of the game just maxed out in levels, or do they unlock to higher or more abilities?

PS. I am playing as soldier. I played about 20 hours worth of Sentinel before.

This post has been edited by |elder|Ap0C: Jan 21 2010, 16:23 PM

+
# 6The Poet Jan 21 2010, 16:32 PM
I do rememeber when you max out some lines, it opens up some of the greyed-out ones. I don't recall playing most of the game maxed out as a soldier... that would of sucked. I did attain level 50 soon enough though.. now I'm trying to get to 60 (have to play through once to unlock past 50). I also have the 2 DLCs to help w/ that. You also get better armor the second time through. I beat the game in under 40 hrs before (perhaps you should find that sentinal andd finish the other half). You can also adjust difficulty level midstream to higher id you think you really need it harder.

RE: Miranda ----- It's "Sarah" from the tv show CHUCK !!!!! I see also the CHUCK character "Casey" (played "Jayne" in Firefly) is also a voice actor. They tried to make Miranda look like Yvonne Stahovski as well smile.gif Yep, the facial animation was a bit off, like she was trying to hold back a fart or something. lol

(http://pc.ign.com/articles/105/1053905p1.html)

+
# 7lelderlAp0C Jan 21 2010, 16:56 PM
OMG I always thought that Jester sounded like Seth Green!!!

Red Alert 3 boasted the biggest hollywood cast of C list actors.

I am pretty sure Mass Effect has the most A actors (Martin Sheen and Alec Baldwin). EDIT: It is actually ADAM Baldwin, but I will leave that in so we can all laugh LOL.

Anyways here is the launch trailer. I love the tunes......

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14235019/mas...iler_12010.html

PS. I will definitely keep the black dude in my squad 24/7.....he reminds me of my homey Adrian Peterson!!

This post has been edited by |elder|Ap0C: Jan 21 2010, 17:07 PM

+
# 8The Poet Jan 21 2010, 19:38 PM
Definitely A list or at worst A/B list: http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14235019/mas...ars_121109.html

I am really looking forward to this game! Still hard to digest that EA played a role in it, thankfully only the money investment role.

+
# 9lelderlAp0C Jan 22 2010, 04:03 AM
Well I am definitely not getting Mass Effect 2.

In Mass effect, my saved game bugged out, and the game is stuck on easy difficulty, even though it say hard. No matter what I do it is stuck on the easiest setting. Therefore

-I am not completing Mass Effect because I do not want to start over

-I am not playing Mass Effect 2 unless I beat Mass Effect 1.

I was really getting excited, and now I am just majorly fucking pissed off!!! sad.gif

+
# 10lelderlAp0C Jan 23 2010, 01:54 AM
I solved my problem with some hacks biggrin.gif

Review is out and it is stellar. IGN gives high scores, but a 9.6 is incredibly rare. I have only seen 3 games get this score since I have been reading there.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14235019/mas...vdr_012210.html

+
# 11The Poet Jan 23 2010, 15:58 PM
lol.... you should never switch levels... I'm finding HardCore a good challenge... where I would go "guns blazing" in veteran, I have to re-try different approaches before I get my process and timing right.

Have you seen the "sell to medic/buy at c-sec" money exchange trick? Also, beat Noveria in 8 hours? It took me almost 6 to just get off the Citadel after maxing out side-quest opportunities and improving cash level to buy better armor/guns (must have on HardCore)... and I always go to save Liara at the Dig-site first...

+
# 12lelderlAp0C Jan 29 2010, 00:36 AM
Purchase Electronic Arts stock.

Mass Effect 2 is beating out even the massive online players like CSS in hours played on www.xfire.com

I use this to extrapolate overall success. The stock will start to reflect the games success in the next couple weeks I bet.

More importantly......

EA is at one of its lowest prices.

This post has been edited by |elder|Ap0C: Jan 29 2010, 00:41 AM

+
# 13Adamskidrummer Jan 29 2010, 09:25 AM
QUOTE(|elder|Ap0C @ Jan 29 2010, 01:36 AM) *

Purchase Electronic Arts stock.

Mass Effect 2 is beating out even the massive online players like CSS in hours played on www.xfire.com

I use this to extrapolate overall success. The stock will start to reflect the games success in the next couple weeks I bet.

More importantly......

EA is at one of its lowest prices.

I would like to but I have no idea about stock brokering and making an account here is so gay, every site has in the small print that they share all of your info with 3rd parties and if I do not want this to happen then to write to them. By then it is too late - fuck that!

Clan: Marvel Super Heroes

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 14Playermyth Jan 29 2010, 19:26 PM
Just because a game is immensely popular now, doesn't mean it's going to excel in the future. Most games die out over time as people look for newer and better things. Only a few exceptions to this rule are Blizzard Games (WoW) and stuff like CSS/TF2 who've stayed strong and consistent for as long as they've been alive.

Does that mean Mass Effect 2 will keep it's momentum? Maybe, but it's a bit premature to say it'll actually gain though. It's like album sales, as with anything, it'll die down in time.

Call me a hater, but right now Mass Effect 2 is more of a "flavor of the month" type of thing like Dragon Age: Origins was. I'm sure it'll last and stay strong for a bit.

I'm sure Command and Conquer 4 will also get a nice surge when it's released but like RA3 and others it too will die down.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 15lelderlAp0C Jan 29 2010, 20:56 PM
Does that mean Mass Effect 2 will keep it's momentum? Maybe, but it's a bit premature to say it'll actually gain though. It's like album sales, as with anything, it'll die down in time.

Most games will not keep their its momentum.

The key is to come to a conclusion about a products success before the general investing public does.

Wait and see will not gain you any profits.

I doubled my money with THQ and UFC undisputed biggrin.gif

Same formula here. LOW STOCK PRICE + STRONG PRODUCT OUTLOOK

At worst, it will not tank.

This post has been edited by |elder|Ap0C: Jan 29 2010, 20:58 PM

+
# 16Playermyth Jan 30 2010, 02:33 AM
Well actually I may agree here. EA's stock is pretty low, ME2 doing well, and CNC4 will bring back some players, and EA's upcoming MMA game will get the UFC Undisputed players(at least some).

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 17lelderlAp0C Jan 30 2010, 02:41 AM
Lets not forget Crysis 2 which is an epic epic title across 3 platforms! It will sell huge no doubt. Though it probably not predicted to do so, since the franchise and developer are new to the console market.

Bottom line though, is the stock price right now. That is the primary factor. I think I will purchase some on Monday with funds obtained when I sold off half of my AMD stocks. We can all see if I was right or not in the future.

+
# 18Adamskidrummer Jan 30 2010, 11:04 AM
QUOTE(|elder|Ap0C @ Jan 30 2010, 03:41 AM) *

Lets not forget Crysis 2 which is an epic epic title across 3 platforms! It will sell huge no doubt. Though it probably not predicted to do so, since the franchise and developer are new to the console market.

Bottom line though, is the stock price right now. That is the primary factor. I think I will purchase some on Monday with funds obtained when I sold off half of my AMD stocks. We can all see if I was right or not in the future.

I wana get in on the action - what if I direct bank transfer you and you invest it for me?? biggrin.gif You can take a small cut of the profits or something...

This post has been edited by Adamskidrummer: Jan 30 2010, 11:04 AM

Clan: Marvel Super Heroes

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 19The Poet Jan 30 2010, 14:53 PM
I am definately loving ME2... I will play it through at a minimum of 3 times... And already (though I haven't finished it), I can hardly wait for ME3.

EA may get a marginal uptick in stocks w/ some of there "franchise" releases this year; however, I do not suspect it to rise up a ton - the trick is knowing when to sell it and what the capital gains tax trade-off will be (current US Pres. is looking to make more taxes via capital gains, I will not give my political/economic analysis discussion here atm).

ME2 purchasing will not have the "mass appeal" that multiplayer games have which drives revenue crazy. It may win back disgruntled EA-haters some (myself included). So long as EA is the capital incestor and advertiser and not the developer/producer, it could make for a powerhouse game machine.

Edit: Also, I have played ME2 exclusively ince release day. I turn Xfire and Steam OFF so I can focus on the gaming experience (factor others doing that into the "most played on Xfire" equation and ME2 is rocking!).

This post has been edited by The Poet: Jan 30 2010, 14:55 PM

+
# 20lelderlAp0C Jan 30 2010, 16:30 PM
I think because the shooter aspect of it has been improved so much, it has a much wider appeal.

I am towards the end of ME1 I think. So and so have arrived X and now there is a 30 min timer on my screen.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)