Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Crysis 2

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1lelderlAp0C Jan 21 2010, 17:43 PM
Ok I know I am spamming topics today, but this is definite news, since so many peeps around here played Crysis.

First I will give you a scan of the upcoming PC gamer issue (note the benches)

IPB Image

Then let you think about what that means....

Then follow it up with this....

Crysis 2 will be in NYC. That is going to be really really cool. I am sure we will do lots of battling in central park. Also take note that Urban environments are more square shaped = less polygons = better FPS.

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 2The Poet Jan 21 2010, 19:17 PM
hmmmm. now I need to finish Crysis.... sick of the jungle atmo. and not engaged by the story enough...

Clan: |elder| & |eldar|

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3Adamskidrummer Jan 21 2010, 22:28 PM
Nice spamming of interesting topics dude - keep it up.

Clan: Marvel Super Heroes

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 4purpose Jan 27 2010, 11:39 AM
I am looking forward to getting more info about crysis2 from you Ap0C biggrin.gif

NYC can be cool, but only if you fight above ground. If you have to run around in the subway or in narrow corridors etc then its epic fail tbh.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 5purpose Mar 5 2010, 11:50 AM
Since Ap0c is failing I need to keep this topic going.

I looked at gamereactor today and they have posted the first 2 SS I have seen for Crysis2. Sure not much but at least you get a feel for it.

Question though, there cant possibly be koreans in new york. So who is that soldier that Nomad is shooting at?

IPB Image

IPB Image

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6lelderlAp0C Mar 5 2010, 16:52 PM
They say there is some cool twist to that.

Basically Crysis 2 is a whole new story because it is now officially a console game. Because Crysis was not on console, they are going to completely change everything. There is not story continuation from the first.

They are also adding a 3rd person cover mechanic like most console shooters have.

+
# 7lelderlBOMBADIL Mar 12 2010, 01:34 AM
May be I did like both Crysis and Crysis Warhead

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 8lelderlAp0C Mar 12 2010, 05:35 AM
Here we go, gameplay footage.

This is a tech demo for the game engine (aimed more at selling the engine to other developers), but it is all Crysis 2 footage.

We can see the enemy, which is definitely not North Korean. On a side note, they have said the aliens are revamped. Nothing like the originals....humanoid looking this time. The graphics will probably look better and run smoother. They have to take so much time optimizing, and making things look awesome for less, when building for a console. Mark these words...if you ran the first you will run the sequel equal or better.

Also, one of the most exciting rumours might have been confirmed........the main protagonist is Prophet.

He was by far the best character from the game.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14354294/cry...en.html?show=hi

This post has been edited by |elder|Ap0C: Mar 12 2010, 05:35 AM

+
# 9lelderlBOMBADIL Mar 17 2010, 02:58 AM
QUOTE(|elder|Ap0C @ Mar 12 2010, 00:35 AM) *

Here we go, gameplay footage.

This is a tech demo for the game engine (aimed more at selling the engine to other developers), but it is all Crysis 2 footage.

We can see the enemy, which is definitely not North Korean. On a side note, they have said the aliens are revamped. Nothing like the originals....humanoid looking this time. The graphics will probably look better and run smoother. They have to take so much time optimizing, and making things look awesome for less, when building for a console. Mark these words...if you ran the first you will run the sequel equal or better.

Also, one of the most exciting rumours might have been confirmed........the main protagonist is Prophet.

He was by far the best character from the game.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14354294/cry...en.html?show=hi

Well it sure looks good, now if I can keep my cars from breaking down I can PLAY a PC game. I will not be on for a week or two as I spend time fixing my Saab.

Tom

+
# 10lelderlAp0C Mar 17 2010, 04:13 AM
I will not be on for a week or two as I spend time fixing my Saab.

Glad I have a Toyota..... tongue.gif

and I know how to use neutral....

This post has been edited by |elder|Ap0C: Mar 17 2010, 04:14 AM

+
# 11Amort Mar 17 2010, 12:49 PM
QUOTE(|elder|Ap0C @ Mar 17 2010, 00:13 AM) *

Glad I have a Toyota..... tongue.gif

and I know how to use neutral....

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its crazy to see how fast a company name can drop with a story like this, the fact
that the campaign fail and the fact that the company working on it
(electronics prob) is bad, so so bad...

A marketing flop!

They should lie imo waiting the real fix. Now, i don't want a Toyota, i drive a new Honda civic
for job, that car is worst than the previous model for several reason.

You know what!

I will keep my Mazda 3, a real good buy.

Take care Apoc. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Amort: Mar 17 2010, 12:52 PM

Game: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

+
# 12lelderlAp0C Apr 9 2010, 23:42 PM
A Crysis 2 preview is out, along with a trailer.

I have to say the trailer was really cheesy, and almost seemed like it was copying the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccWrbGEFgI8]Gears of War mad world trailer.
[/url]
The game looks like it will be much higher production quality. The aliens look and sound completely bad ass.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/108/1082753p1.html

+
# 13Apollosyx Apr 10 2010, 08:25 AM
Are they ever going to continue on with the story from the original? Would be a shame to completely shut that storyline down.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 14lelderlAp0C Apr 10 2010, 16:20 PM
They basically are shutting the story line down. Since Crysis is not on consoles, they don't want people to be confused.

I do believe the characters are carrying over, and it is in the same "world". But not the same exact story. It kind of sucks, but I was not too attached to that story line anyways. This time around the fiction looks like it will be even cool.

+
# 15Apollosyx Apr 11 2010, 02:27 AM
The new one looks good just hate for them to just bail on that story after that huge cliffhanger they left after the first one

+
# 16lelderlAp0C Apr 11 2010, 04:03 AM
The new one looks good just hate for them to just bail on that story after that huge cliffhanger they left after the first one

Crytek has NO integrity.

They lie and mislead their fans on a regular basis. I hate them so much. But I like their games kind of.

This post has been edited by |elder|Ap0C: Apr 11 2010, 04:04 AM

+
# 17Apollosyx Apr 11 2010, 05:22 AM
QUOTE(|elder|Ap0C @ Apr 11 2010, 00:03 AM) *

Crytek has NO integrity.

They lie and mislead their fans on a regular basis. I hate them so much. But I like their games kind of.

I would assume so since they bailed on their epic game to remake it for the "zomgbumpmapping" console kids

+
# 18lelderlAp0C Jun 16 2010, 01:08 AM
gameplay

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-crysis-2/101431

+
# 19lelderlBOMBADIL Jun 24 2010, 02:52 AM
Will my aged PC run this game?

+
# 20ZinzanChoo Dec 22 2010, 13:03 PM
It's gonna be available in 3d tongue.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)