Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

READ FOR YOUR OWN SAKE

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1|elder|NUMENOR Sep 12 2010, 05:26 AM
Greetings my old friends. And Hello to all new comers who I dont know.

For those who don't know me. This is gonna be another of my posts.

Im always straight forward in these. And for this one, I would like to apologize from the start, as it may indeed have irreversible impacts on your way of living.

I hope it will in any case. But its not the easiest way out.

So it begins.....................................................................................

I have been very busy of late with my business, the hotel. Putting over half a million dollars in renovations since a couple months, and that's after buying it, and continuing to buy it obviously from the bank and my father. But that's a long story which is trivial to what Im gonna write below.

Recently, was able to TAKE a week off work. In these 7 days I decided to bring my family (wife and 2 sons, aged 9 and 6) to Montreal for a worry free trip, hotel and swimming pool... little shopping.. You know.

First night we were there, we went “shopping” downtown a bit... Got them to my favorite place, at the CHAPTERS (bookstore). When I said huge place with elevator and escalators... kids were happy to go tongue.gif

I didnt want to buy any books really. But got a couple interesting sight... Dog training by Cesar and a new novel about World of Warcraft (about a druid- Malfurion Stormrage) were too much for me. I got them. Then, as i was wandering aimlessly, waiting for wife to be done and taking a watch over the kids, i saw a book called “EATING ANIMALS”.

I told myself, WTF?.

I read a couple lines at random...

Umm, maybe it would do me good to actually read something else than WoW and Drizzt and dog stuff...

So I got the book too.

We get to the hotel room. Watch a little TV after showers and stuff. Wife falls asleep... Oh well, with a 9 year old in the bed next to us, things have changed it appears lol...

I cant sleep.

I will read i tell myself! Prepare to get the WoW book, my hand removes from the bag “Eating Animals”

I begin my read of this book.

Its 2 AM and I cant let go of the damn book!

I force myself to a night of nightmares since I AM on vacation and actually have to do STUFF the morrow...

I went through this book as fast i as could after our return from Montreal.

It took me the remainders of the days I had left of my holidays.

I couldn't let it go. I WANTED TOO.

I didn't.

After I finished the book, I made my own enquiries about what it talked about : Factory farm, inhumane way of treating animals, diseases and anti-biotic infested animals, unbelievable pollutions resulting from factory farms, incredible diseases this FUCKING INDUSTRY is giving freely to humans (aka the retarded(or uninformed) idiots like myself buying it EATING it)

I went on the internet. I could not believe Canada was as bad as the US... sad.gif But here too, like around the world now, CASH is ruler.; Its as bad.

I am so fucking PISSED (at me?)

Im so frustrated... to NOW HAVE KNOWN BEFORE

I have been putting SUFFERING CRAP into MY KIDS, since they were born.

I have been told it was good for me, for them............sad.gif

I didnt realize.........

I dont know............

NOW I DO.

Dont put me down too quick and regard me as an heretic you: YOU WHOS READING THIS!

I have been part of this shit, like you are most likely, for all my life. To my great shame...

But we dont have to be participants in this mindless and needless suffering and self-destruction.

IF YOU WANT TO AT LEAST KNOW MORE, FOR YOUR OWN SAKE, AND THE SAKE OF THE ONES YOU MOST LOVE, PLEASE READ “EATING ANIMALS” BY FOER.

If you want proof RIGHT NOW of what Im talking about, please get on the web and search FACTORY FARM (99% OF ALL MEAT YOU CAN GET)

It wont take you too long to realize WTF is going on. RIGHT NOW.

Im so sorry the world is like that today. Truly, I had no clue. I always “suspected” a sausage was made up stuff i didn't want to know about... But then again, didn't think at all about it while enjoying a hotdog.

Now I cant turn back. I know too much.

It takes guts to read the book.

It takes courage to watch the endless videos on the internet.

It will bring you down to wanting to throw up.

YOU will want to ignore it. If you can.

YOU will want will all your heart to FORGET IT. And go back to your KFC.

Know this my friend, the human race, what makes us HUMAN, need YOU to stop this FUCKING INDUSTRY OF SHIT, for lack of a better word.

The more people REALIZE WTF is going on for REAL. WTF is going on on these FACTORY FARMS, WTF WE are putting down the bellies or OUR OWN CHILDREN AND WTF these awefull multi-billionaire industries are doing to OUR HEALTH and OUR PLANET, the better.

DONT BE A COWARD.

TRUST ME, INFORM YOURSELF.

DONT EAT THAT FUCKING BACON TOMMOROW MORNING.

DO IT FOR YOU.

DO IT FOR THE ONES YOU CARE ABOUT.

Its never too late to do whats right, my friend.

NEVER.

It takes courage.

DO IT!

NOW!

Millions of animals are suffering RIGHT NOW just in the US. HUNDREDS OF THOULHSAND WILL SUFFER AND DIE HORRIBLY TOMMOROW just in the US....

WE ARE BUYING THIS!

WE ARE GIVING THESE FUCKS OUR MONEY TO FILL UP OUR ALREADY FUCKING OVERWWEIGHT SELF! FFS!

DONT EAT EGGS AND HAM TOMMOROW MORNING!

Eat toasts and peanunt butter if you must. Have a fruit with it For fuck Sake.

YOUR DAY WILL NOT GO BETTER IF YOU PARTICIPATE IN THIS TOTAL MINDLESS CRAP.

So much more I could say about all relating to this...

I WONT.

DO IT MAN!

DO IT WOMAN!

Do it for your sake and then decide, IS ALL I ASK.

ALL I ASK!

PLEASE!

DONT DO IT FOR ME!

DO IT FOR YOU!

But know this my dear friend............ just like in the matrix... Taking THIS PILL will change your life...

There s no turning back after.

UNLESS YOU WILLINGLY CONTINUE DOWN THIS PATH OF DESTRUCTION.

And to be honest, if you willingly do this, then I fear your humanity is lost sad.gif

I SAY TAKE THE BLUE PILL MY BROTHER,

“Morpheus: You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

And, so appropriate in a weird way.............

"I'm trying to free your mind, But I can only show you the door.
You're the one that has to walk through it."

I have seen the most horrible. The things NO ONE wants to see but might, deep down, feel.

See this video (free) on the internet, narrated by Joaquin Phoenix (the emperor in the movie Gladiator).

If you deem yourself as a couragous man or woman. If you have what it takes. Please give it an hour of your time.

www.earthlings.com

I still have faith.

-Numenor

This post has been edited by |elder|NUMENOR: Sep 14 2010, 02:53 AM

Clan: |elder| & |eldar|

Game: Hardware

+
# 2Azamon Sep 20 2010, 20:46 PM
I have been a vegetarian since I was 18 teen or so, no big deal for me. I saw a news topic wich displayed the kicking and beating of cows going into transpot for slaughter and decided I didnt want to be part of it.

To be clrea, I am not apposed to eating meat, I am opposedo bio-industry, that is a no go area for me. All the other benifits of not eating met are a plus. If all perons on earth would notr eat meat 1 day a week it would do a great deal for food shortages around the world..... and so on and so on, time will tell..

in a few thousand years they will consider eating so much meat as the black spot of its time

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 3lelderlBOMBADIL Sep 21 2010, 02:06 AM
I will aways remain a meat eater. I do hunted; killed a deer with my brother this last Saturday and we butchered it ourselves. Its death was quick and we prayed and thanked God for the meat it will provide for our families. Its hard work, but I know that the meat is lean and the butching was clean. Until we made the kill that deer had a good as life as it can get in the wild better then most, it has alfafa and as much corn as it wanted (lots of farm fields).

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 4Adamskidrummer Sep 22 2010, 11:36 AM
I'm a meat muncher and sadly have no Deer nearby that i can go hunt... No gun to hunt them with... No butchering or aiming skills I could employ either.

However, I do eat free range produce wherever possible as I think it is important to try and be as humane as possible. Plus it tastes better too.

Clan: Marvel Super Heroes

+
# 5lelderlAp0C Sep 22 2010, 16:51 PM
I like Elk sausage!

I can completely understand why it is a good thing to abstain from eating mass produced meat products though.

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 6Amort Sep 25 2010, 23:40 PM
I like meat, i need it too.

I am asking only one question. Why torture animals for meat?

Kill them fast pls!

p.s: 1- This vid is probably produce by a frustrated vegetarian.

2- I refuse to believe that every productor of meat treat animals like that.

This post has been edited by Amort: Sep 25 2010, 23:48 PM

Game: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

+
# 7RaGe` Sep 26 2010, 15:09 PM
hi I fucking like meat and I will never get how people can become vegetarians smile.gif

edit: lamb is my favourite its the most delicious animal on earth

This post has been edited by RaGe`: Sep 26 2010, 15:10 PM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 8|elder|NUMENOR Dec 2 2010, 03:26 AM
QUOTE(Amort @ Sep 25 2010, 19:40 PM) *

2- I refuse to believe that every productor of meat treat animals like that.

I was the same my brother. This is not an invention of mine. This is the truth. Happening right now for the zombie populace to eat without thinking.

Take care bro.

-Num

This post has been edited by |elder|NUMENOR: Dec 2 2010, 03:34 AM

Game: Hardware

+
# 9lelderlBOMBADIL Dec 5 2010, 02:27 AM
I am afraid the Num is right on this one. Most commerical butcher operations are pretty nasty. Now I know we have a local meat market that also does butchering and they do it one animal at a time. You can go and watch and its much better then the big agi business slaughter houses.

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 10pApA^LeGBa Dec 14 2010, 02:29 AM
reading this i am so freaking happy i live in a small european country. some of our supermarkets even print the farm where the animal lived on the packaging, so i eventually can go there and see for myself how the animals are treated. (i wonder how many ppl actually do that)

i love meat but if i could only eat meat, that was treated like Num wrote, i would propably stop.

-E- tbh i have no idea how i came in this forum, propably misclicked, but i was a bit curious, just in case you wonder what i am doing here.

This post has been edited by pApA^LeGBa: Dec 14 2010, 02:31 AM

Clan: electronic yakuza

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 11Adamskidrummer Dec 14 2010, 10:04 AM
QUOTE(pApA^LeGBa @ Dec 14 2010, 03:29 AM) *

reading this i am so freaking happy i live in a small european country. some of our supermarkets even print the farm where the animal lived on the packaging, so i eventually can go there and see for myself how the animals are treated. (i wonder how many ppl actually do that)

i love meat but if i could only eat meat, that was treated like Num wrote, i would propably stop.

-E- tbh i have no idea how i came in this forum, propably misclicked, but i was a bit curious, just in case you wonder what i am doing here.

Don't be fooled, supermarkets like Tesco write "This Chicken was reared in Willow Farm" and has a nice drawing of a fairytale farmhouse. In fact Willow farm is an intensive farming complex that only just upholds EU law in regards to animal welfare. Also, supermarkets buy in a lot of red meat, especially pork from Denmark who are renowned for their lack of animal welfare.

There are lots of brands that are apparently trying to buck the trend like "happy eggs" but I would not trust this unless I saw with my own eyes. You have to remember that even small time farmers get desensitized to animal cruelty after a while dealing with them day in, day out and seeing them as a fat wad of cash. Its not uncommon for cows and horses to get hit with a shovel, chickens booted with the welly - I have seen this with my own eyes. Work with animals like this and most will turn out like this as animals are fucking dumb and stubborn so it wont take much to become this way.

I do not agree with this at all, and it astounded me but I can understand how this can happen. I went from being morally shaken when watching Pride and UFC not all that long ago. Just a couple of years later I am an avid UFC fan who watches all the events with great anticipation.

Just my two cents...

+
# 12RaGe` Dec 15 2010, 19:42 PM
Honestly I just ate roast duck.
Fuck yea.

Edit: Agreed with the post above. Work with animals and get to know them and you will find out that they are just as stupid as trees. Yes that includes your beloved cute kitten too. Animals are nowhere close to human intelligence.
What you will find out as well is that animals do not have such things as "feelings".

So why care how they are treated?

This post has been edited by RaGe`: Dec 15 2010, 19:45 PM

+
# 13pApA^LeGBa Dec 16 2010, 00:34 AM
no, they donīt tell us it comes from happylandfarm, i would be stupid to believe that.

they actually tell you the name of the farmer plus the village where his farm is. and it would be illegal if they lie. we have very strict laws when it comes to our food, i think itīs one of the strictest worldwide.

note that this isnīt usual here, itīs just a way to sell more, but as said, they have to tell the truth when they do it.

to the rest of your post, just wow. first of all, tbfh i am disgusted by your point of view. (this goes for both posts...)

and 90% of our farmers wouldnīt even think about hitting a cow. sure we have bigass industrial farms too, but even there they seem to have a better life then american animals.

and why care how they are treated? are you friggin serious?

besides if you ever eat a steak from a cow that seeīs a barn only when it wantīs to and that can eat whatever it wantīs you will think about your stupid statement again. (@rage)

+
# 14pApA^LeGBa Dec 16 2010, 13:08 PM
oh and one thing more. no animal is stupid enough to destroy itīs natural habitat. so who is stupid on this planet?

This post has been edited by pApA^LeGBa: Dec 16 2010, 13:08 PM

+
# 15RaGe` Dec 16 2010, 13:20 PM
dude realize it, 99,9% (maybe 100%) of all animals can't "think", I did not make up this, its science.
their actions are determined by simple drives, mostly EAT and SLEEP.

Therefore a badly treated cow is as "happy" as the one on farmer John's farm, maybe even happier as it gets a lot more to eat.

btw, how do us humans destroy our natural habitat?

This post has been edited by RaGe`: Dec 16 2010, 13:21 PM

+
# 16Adamskidrummer Dec 16 2010, 17:11 PM
QUOTE(pApA^LeGBa @ Dec 16 2010, 01:34 AM) *

no, they donīt tell us it comes from happylandfarm, i would be stupid to believe that.

they actually tell you the name of the farmer plus the village where his farm is. and it would be illegal if they lie. we have very strict laws when it comes to our food, i think itīs one of the strictest worldwide.

note that this isnīt usual here, itīs just a way to sell more, but as said, they have to tell the truth when they do it.

to the rest of your post, just wow. first of all, tbfh i am disgusted by your point of view. (this goes for both posts...)

and 90% of our farmers wouldnīt even think about hitting a cow. sure we have bigass industrial farms too, but even there they seem to have a better life then american animals.

and why care how they are treated? are you friggin serious?

besides if you ever eat a steak from a cow that seeīs a barn only when it wantīs to and that can eat whatever it wantīs you will think about your stupid statement again. (@rage)

Ok first thing first, I would like to 100% distance myself from Rage - I do not know him but by what he writes he is just looking to cause offense and what not.

However you are totally deluded and gullible. I have seen lots of documentaries, after which have read up on this. For example, there are very loose laws against what picture you put on the front of a wine bottle or a box of chicken. Its your dumb fault if you read into what the label infers (wrongly). My example of "Willow Farm" is an actual example of this and is in fact one of the largest factory farming facilities in Europe.

My friends were farmers and again you have no clue of what you talk about. It happens every day, especially with cows because they have such thick skin and are inherently dumb and pretty dangerous as a result of this. Did I say this was right? Hell no, did I say it happens - YES. Wake up and smell the animal bashing, it happens.

Merry Christmas

This post has been edited by Adamskidrummer: Dec 16 2010, 17:12 PM

+
# 17RaGe` Dec 16 2010, 18:14 PM
I do not know him but by what he writes he is just looking to cause offense and what not.

nah thats not true

+
# 18pApA^LeGBa Dec 19 2010, 11:41 AM
QUOTE(RaGe` @ Dec 16 2010, 15:20 PM) *

dude realize it, 99,9% (maybe 100%) of all animals can't "think", I did not make up this, its science.
their actions are determined by simple drives, mostly EAT and SLEEP.

Therefore a badly treated cow is as "happy" as the one on farmer John's farm, maybe even happier as it gets a lot more to eat.

excuse me and report me if you want, but if you really think animals donīt recognize when they are badly treated you are an idiot.

QUOTE(RaGe` @ Dec 16 2010, 15:20 PM) *

btw, how do us humans destroy our natural habitat?

you do realize that a city is not our natural habitat? and the fact that you have to destroy nature in order to build a city?

QUOTE(Adamskidrummer @ Dec 16 2010, 19:11 PM) *

Ok first thing first, I would like to 100% distance myself from Rage - I do not know him but by what he writes he is just looking to cause offense and what not.
However you are totally deluded and gullible. I have seen lots of documentaries, after which have read up on this. For example, there are very loose laws against what picture you put on the front of a wine bottle or a box of chicken. Its your dumb fault if you read into what the label infers (wrongly). My example of "Willow Farm" is an actual example of this and is in fact one of the largest factory farming facilities in Europe.

My friends were farmers and again you have no clue of what you talk about. It happens every day, especially with cows because they have such thick skin and are inherently dumb and pretty dangerous as a result of this. Did I say this was right? Hell no, did I say it happens - YES. Wake up and smell the animal bashing, it happens.

Merry Christmas

yeah well, i am not gullibe and i am not getting my facts from tv. i am not dumb i am able to read the labels absolut correctly, and again we have VERY strict laws when it comes to our food, probably none of your friends are austrian. our laws donīt allow that you say "this cow lived at mike myers farm in sulz" if it isnīt true....

also just on a note, there are no pictures on it, itīs text only, so i am not getting confused due to nice and shiny pictures like you seem to believe i do.

our laws for example donīt allow animaltransports like you are probably used to from the usa (your are from the us, right)

also try to get better friends, i know a lot of farmers and none of them treats his animals bad in any ways.

also imagine how long could a company do that and lie? if they lie the business rivals would be there in no time reavealing itīs faked.

This post has been edited by pApA^LeGBa: Dec 19 2010, 11:44 AM

+
# 19Adamskidrummer Dec 19 2010, 12:51 PM
QUOTE(pApA^LeGBa @ Dec 19 2010, 12:41 PM) *

yeah well, i am not gullibe and i am not getting my facts from tv. i am not dumb i am able to read the labels absolut correctly, and again we have VERY strict laws when it comes to our food, probably none of your friends are austrian. our laws donīt allow that you say "this cow lived at mike myers farm in sulz" if it isnīt true....

also just on a note, there are no pictures on it, itīs text only, so i am not getting confused due to nice and shiny pictures like you seem to believe i do.

our laws for example donīt allow animaltransports like you are probably used to from the usa (your are from the us, right)

also try to get better friends, i know a lot of farmers and none of them treats his animals bad in any ways.

also imagine how long could a company do that and lie? if they lie the business rivals would be there in no time reavealing itīs faked.

Wrong again.

I am British.

Tesco is the biggest superstore chain in the UK and for every Ģ8 spent in the UK, on ANYTHING 1 in 8 of those pounds are spent in Tesco. "Willow Farm" was an example of their main meat "farm" brand.

The farmers I am referring to are great friends of mine so I take offense to your inferences. Travel has nothing to do with it.

Austria has shit supermarkets such as Aldi and Lidl just like the rest of the world. In the Uk we have Marks and Spencer and Waitrose that far surpass the competition in regards to quality and such. Still doesn't mean that animals are brought up by hippies.

Oh and another thing, you point the finger at US food industries and hold EU food industry as a shining light but there are shitloads of awful companies here too - for example Nestlé. A Swiss multi billion dollar industry that has a checkered past to say the least. Broiled in various law suits for it's unethical practices in South America. In the 70's they did a marketing campaign in developing countries stating that formula has nutrients that the child was not getting with breast feeding. They've been also doing a shitload of other stuff. My point being, wake up and get off your pedestal. Europe is as much of a shitheap as the USA, we just like to think we are superior.

This post has been edited by Adamskidrummer: Dec 19 2010, 12:52 PM

+
# 20pApA^LeGBa Dec 19 2010, 15:11 PM
no i was talking about austria not eu, as you are british you might know that beeing in the eu doesnīt mean things canīt be different in various countries.

i do know about nestle and avoid them whenever i can. and i donīt buy my meat at lidl or aldi. they mostly have meat from outside austria btw, and i donīt eat foreign meat when i can get austrian meat. exactly due to the circumstances you pointed out in your post.

and no i am not pointing my finger at the usa, i just assumed your are from the usa (dunno why tbh), thatīs why i mentioned the usa.

just in case you still donīt get it. they donīt show us a symbolfarm, they actually tell you the name of the farmer and where his farm is and the cow/pig actually grow up, when you have 2 packages of meat there can be 2 different adresses.

and if your friends treat animals badly then they do not deserve any respect and should be treated the same way they treat their animals.

this time pls read carefully what i wrote, you constantly put words in my mouth i never said....

This post has been edited by pApA^LeGBa: Dec 19 2010, 15:19 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)