Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Come play Starcraft2

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1lelderlAp0C May 31 2011, 03:59 AM
See topic title.

Its the best RTS out right now. It is a full blown legitimate RTS game, with no compromise. It is also incredibly popular.

You need to buy it to support the dieing genre.

I only play TF2 and Starcraft2 now, and that is all I am ever going to play forever tongue.gif

If we can get some people playing it, we can salvage this clan maybe.

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 2Playermyth Jun 4 2011, 08:20 AM
I don't play it much, but if I do, it's usually the custom maps. Actually some of my free time I end up watching shoutcasts or livestreams of pro gamers playing SC2 (yes how lame of me hehe), but they're quite entertaining and I used to watch pro replays of war3 very heavily back in the day as well.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3lelderlAp0C Jun 5 2011, 22:34 PM
You should definitely watch the best of seven series between Thorzain and Naniwa!!!

So much great play it unreal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TxhLGF0gek

+
# 4Playermyth Jun 8 2011, 19:29 PM
Trust me, I have wink.gif

I was up in the morning and saw all 7 games on the live stream. Hell the CHILL GET OUT mini meme still rings in my head from game 7 haha. Thorzain's unbelivable defense on game 6 and was down 3 games, too many moments in that series alone. But if I had to choose, it was Thorzain vs. MC. MC was one of the favorites coming on and out of nowhere MC got knocked off. If you haven't seen that series, game 1, 5 and 7 were my favorites.

Actually Thorzain is both my favorite overall player and favorite Terran player, he's the people's champion since no one expected him toget as far as he did, but he miraculously did it.

Was watching MLG streams and casts past weekend, shame he didn't even place Top 3, but for his first MLG and dominating Idra and Select, he did well, MC did beat him in the extended series though. Maybe next MLG in Anaheim if he shows up he'll place further. Props to Slayers MMA for winning MLG Colombus though, his drop plays are amazing and he does look like a true protege of Boxer's.

Also in a recent interview after his MLG win, Slayers MMA if he was to choose 1 foreigner out of all the pro foreigner SC2 players to go over to GSL in Korea and compete who may do well, know who he choose? Thorzain smile.gif

That TSL3 win catapulted him quite well. Is he the absolute best Terran or SC2 player now? I say no, but he established himself as one of the elite and is capable of placing well in tourneys given preparation.

This post has been edited by Playermyth: Jun 8 2011, 19:38 PM

+
# 5lelderlAp0C Jun 8 2011, 23:01 PM
I really don't know who is the best SC2 player, but it is probably not Thorzaine, though he is near the top.

I don't know much about the Korean players, but I do know lots about the Western players who are in Korea.

As far as Western players go, idra is consistently near the top.

Have you ever watched an interview with Idra? The dude is a hilarious nerd!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlc0S8LLtsg...feature=related

This post has been edited by |elder|Ap0C: Jun 8 2011, 23:01 PM

+
# 6Playermyth Jun 9 2011, 02:39 AM
Best player? Really hard to say, I haven't watched much Korean play since I don't want to pay GOMTV to see GSL. And I haven't seen much of NASL either. But a few top tier korean players I've heard of: ST_Ace, ST_Bomber, IM.Losira, `Slayers`MMA, oGsMC, IMNestea, Julyzerg

Idra is one of the best north american players, but in game, he can be a douchebag or just be pure bad manner - he's basically built a reputation for it. He almost never says GG unless it's in a tourney, so if it's ladder or a low prize online tourney even if he wins, doesn't ever say GG. People had made a nice anagram of his name of EGIdra to IragED.

I have heard him casting some games, he has excellent analytical skills to go into commentary since he's a pro.

For pure western (North/Central/Southern America) of best players, not sure. EGIdra, sixjaxMajor is making waves too. A few other names as well but I can't remember any. Euro players got plenty, Thorzain, Naniwa, Empire.Kas, Dimaga, there are others but like some other westerners, can't remember any.

+
# 7lelderlAp0C Jun 9 2011, 02:48 AM
What about Shesh, or sheth or something like that?

Also check out Spanishiwa, he is the most popular player recently for kind of being like the TLO of zerg.

He plays under the name spanshwa I think.

+
# 8Azamon Jun 16 2011, 09:17 AM
its a shame US people cant play EU people, I love playing sc2, best rts ever. I play Protoss btw, Apoc still on Terran? I made my way up to Gold btw, what are you guys ranks like?

I hear the pros have ways to play on different servers, how they do that? they import a game from another server aria? cheers all

ps. i watch streams all the time, White Ra is my favorite player ofc tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Azamon: Jun 16 2011, 09:19 AM

Clan: |elder| & |eldar|

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 9lelderlAp0C Jun 17 2011, 03:12 AM
I was diamond for a good while, but got demoted to platinum after playing bad.

I have really been playing bad lately. Seems I just can get my multitasking correct.

I think a Protoss you should watch is kiwikaki

This post has been edited by |elder|Ap0C: Jun 17 2011, 03:13 AM

+
# 10Playermyth Jun 18 2011, 01:08 AM
I've seen Spanishiwa casts and a replay or two. He's really creative, but he hasn't put up amazing results in tourneys since he doesn't compete in many big ones. He's creative but not unstoppable though. Does he have it to be a Top 10 World ranked player? IDK, too early to tell, he'd really have to get into alot of big tournaments and score some wins to back up the hype. IDK about Sheth, think I only saw like 1 cast of him and 1 won't give me much info in how I think of the player.

I'm not even ranked since I don't play ladder, I spend more time watching. And if I do play it's custom UMS games like Night of the Dead, Star Battle, etc.

Looks like there's a new world's best Terran if not top overall SC2 player. Polt of Prime clan won GSL earlier going 4-0 in a Bo7 against MLG Colombus winner Slayers MMA. I figure MarineKingPrime is crying in his sleep though seeing his teammate take the win instead of him in a huge Korean Tourney. I only saw Game 4 though, but despite MMA trying to get in a good frontal attack in early, he was a bit sloppy in countering the cloaked Banshee reprisal from Polt.

This post has been edited by Playermyth: Jun 18 2011, 10:38 AM

+
# 11Playermyth Jun 21 2011, 19:28 PM
So I saw Dreamhack 2011 Summer on the livestreams over the weekend. Big props to LiquidHuK for winning it, all that training and practice in the oGs house in South Korea paid off, was interesting to see MC join in with team Liquid in celebration for the win. I'd consider at this point though PoltPrime the best in the world though since he recently beat HuK 2-0 at a GSL Tourney a couple weeks ago. I bet you're especially happy Apoc since a fellow Canadian wins a major tourney representing the foreigners.

I was bummed that Bomber lost game 3 against Moon in the Semi's, I would have loved to see Bomber vs. HuK in the finals, o well, least he came in 3rd.

+
# 12Playermyth Jun 24 2011, 12:35 PM
Homestory Cup 3 is awesome, 32 pro players over 4 days (well 31 since Naama got a throat infection) over 4 days in some guy's fairly nicely sized apartment in Germany. A few notable names: Naniwa, Dimaga, Thorzain, MC, Idra, HasuObs, pretty much the entirety of Team Liquid even TLO (but he acts as a part time caster since his arthritic wrists won't allow him to really play), and many more. MC might be the only Korean in it, rest are all foreigners.

What's great is that you get rotating casters who are actually various pros putting in their 2cents into the thing. I can't wait to hear MC cast again. Just a short list of:
- Day 1's pros who are guest casters that I remembered: TLO, Tyler, Huk, Jinro, Thorzain, Dimaga, Tarson, Idra, Machine, ToD, SaSe
- Day 2 pros who are casting so far: HasuObs, Socke, ToD, Grubby, TLO, Idra, Haypro, NightEnd, Jinro, Huk, Xlord, Cloud, Delphi, Naniwa
- Day 3 pros that I saw(missed first few matches): Grubby, TLO, Tyler, HasuObs, Delphi, Jinro, ToD, Nightend, Naniwa, Machine, SaSe, Naama (back from the Hospital), Thorzain

Best pros to cast in terms of insight and professionalism: Idra, HasuObs, Thorzain(bigger props to Thorzain since it was his first time casting, he was drunk, and Rotterdam was being a troll to him too)

I am bummed Thorzain got knocked out in the quarter finals lower bracket against Tarson, he could have done better here, but I think his carpal tunnel might be hurting him. Everyone went nuts after Naniwa upset MC 2-1 though.

- Preview of the event showing full list of players + other relevant info:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessag...topic_id=236279
- Spycam showing the main room where many players are using the computers/laptops throughout the duration of the event: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/TaKeTV

This post has been edited by Playermyth: Jun 25 2011, 20:25 PM

+
# 13Amort Jul 1 2011, 12:13 PM
Im on the game now, im learning the mecanics of the game and
all units playing the campaing. Then i will pick my hero and watching
some replays. Then the fun online will start.

For the moment, i really enjoy it.

i will learn that one step by step, the goal is to have fun but
to be able to play good competitive play.

This post has been edited by Amort: Jul 1 2011, 13:16 PM

Game: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

+
# 14lelderlAp0C Jul 10 2011, 23:13 PM
come contact me on steam for a game

+
# 15Amort Jul 25 2011, 22:19 PM
QUOTE(|elder|Ap0C @ Jul 10 2011, 19:13 PM) *

come contact me on steam for a game

let me just finish the campaign first. my free time is limited but i have more than 50% done. on this game,
i wait to know everything before going online instead of every other rts i played lately.

cya

+
# 16Amort Sep 5 2011, 19:56 PM
Hey Apoc! no worry, im still alive...

Learning sc2 was long because of lack of free time but i did my homework.

-i force myself using the hot key and i know every key for Terran.
-i use a correct standard bo and try to learn some cheese rush strat.
-i use control key for building and units, practice building production while micro units on the field.
(with time, i realise the improvement of my micro and macro.

-i never queud unit, i use hot key and always keep in mind if im building a scv. So i spend money
correctly.
-im watching some replays and read some tips from pro.

i had never try it online, will start the practice league and i think i will be on a good start.

Its time to play with you and learning from you if you want to spare some times on it.

Im out for 2 days. Then will call you on Steam.

Cya

Amort

+
# 17beren Sep 22 2011, 19:51 PM
hay all i will look in to this for the winter as i will be disc golfing less.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)