Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander 2

Online now unplayable -- please help.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1vax2007 Dec 11 2011, 05:28 AM
If any one has any ideas, please share on how I might fix the following problem.

When I join multi-player lobbies, my ping to everyone shoots to over 1,500+ to EVERYONE, and games are unplayable. No one will let me play with them anymore, and I don't blame them.

In the meantime, I get EXCELLENT network performance from every other app on my machine. 0% packet loss, low ping times to Europe and all over the U.S. Firewalls are disabled. No anti-virus software running. Nothing is hogging CPU, ram, or bandwidth. It's the only computer on my network. Tried re-installing from Steam. Tried rebooting any / all equipment. I'm connected directly to my cable modem. All network-connectivity testing web sites say my connection is outstanding. I've also tried lowering all of my video settings to minimum. I've tried different network cables. I've tried other online games - no problems there.

I am unable to play multi-player online, and will be unable to host my tournament if this problem doesn't get resolved. I'm about 2-3 days from giving up on SupCom2 and leaving it behind forever. TheGPG forum scouts keep moving my requests for help to the never-gets-read GPG tech support forum.

PLEASE HELP. I also mailed Square Enix tech support - we'll see if they respond.

Thanks. - Vax

+
# 2Reddev32 Dec 11 2011, 12:18 PM
can u do a speedtest and see what it is please best place to do this is ww.wspeedtest.net

Also are you playing from player in the usa or from all over the world?

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 3vax2007 Dec 12 2011, 05:56 AM
QUOTE(Reddev32 @ Dec 11 2011, 12:18 PM) *

can u do a speedtest and see what it is please best place to do this is ww.wspeedtest.net

Also are you playing from player in the usa or from all over the world?

This problem happens whether I play in a game with 2 people or 8, and it doesn't matter if they are all in the U.S. or all over the world.

I've tried every network connectivity test site I can think of. speedtest.net shows 23 ms ping to test server, and just under 4 Mb/second both up and down.

pingtest.net shows an 'A' quality connection with 0% packet loss and a 50 ms ping to the test server.

I must emphasize, everything else is in excellent condition networking-wise. Other online games are fine. Online video streaming and other bandwidth-intensive apps work just fine. SupCom2 is the only app experiencing problems.

Any ideas?

+
# 4redarrow7216 Dec 12 2011, 09:47 AM
US firewalls? What do you mean with that? Did you install additional firewalls on your computer, or is it the firewall from your router of some sort?

Windows has a built in firewall as well. Try to disable that as well if you haven't tried already.

If other games work fine it's weird supcom won't. Though some people in the Netherlands have the same issues with Call of Duty MW3. They have some sort of media ("xperia") box that handles all traffic and is unable to forward some ports. You could ask your ISP about that.

Probably things you already thought of.

If you want just hit me up on steam and we'll host a game.

+
# 5vax2007 Dec 12 2011, 16:27 PM
QUOTE(redarrow7216 @ Dec 12 2011, 09:47 AM) *

US firewalls? What do you mean with that? Did you install additional firewalls on your computer, or is it the firewall from your router of some sort?

Windows has a built in firewall as well. Try to disable that as well if you haven't tried already.

If other games work fine it's weird supcom won't. Though some people in the Netherlands have the same issues with Call of Duty MW3. They have some sort of media ("xperia") box that handles all traffic and is unable to forward some ports. You could ask your ISP about that.

Probably things you already thought of.

If you want just hit me up on steam and we'll host a game.

That should have read "...all over the USA. Firewalls are disabled." It's two separate sentences. Firewalls disabled means Windows firewall is not turned on, and I am not running any other firewall software that could be interfering with proper operation of the game.

I'll find you sometime on Steam. Thanks!

+
# 6Reddev32 Dec 12 2011, 16:31 PM
Any anti virus updates? or any downloads/ upload happening when u play? have u make steam check supcom 2 file dirs to see that theres nothing missing?

Hav you deleted teh game.prefs just incase its somthink in there mamkinmg u hang like hell?

+
# 7vax2007 Dec 15 2011, 07:35 AM
None of these things are occurring / impacting the situation. It's something else, but not sure what.

+
# 8redarrow7216 Dec 16 2011, 08:56 AM
Well,

you could always reinstall windows.. If you really can't find the issue and it has worked before.. reset all!

+
# 9Reddev32 Dec 16 2011, 10:29 AM
yep when all esle fails redo witha fresh wipe smile.gif

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)