Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Funnessness

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 101Flamzypants Feb 8 2008, 16:53 PM
It's a less gheyr version of rap isn't it? In which case no sleep.gif I don't really bother with genres, I like a type of music, I listen to it. I don't care if people don't like it, or say there's is better happy.gif As far as I'm concerned, everything else sucks.

Clan: [BORG]

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 102ChrisLeBlanc Feb 8 2008, 21:18 PM
KRS-One / Last Emperor from time to time isn't bad.

And StarTrekker, confusing rock / metal is ignorance. I'm listening to music about 12-13 hours a day, so guess what, you're not the only one.

Clan: Death and Destiny

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 103MadassAlex Feb 8 2008, 21:47 PM
QUOTE(StarTrekker @ Feb 9 2008, 01:34 AM) *

MadAss, stop using the word ignorant / ignorance. I am not nearly as ignorant of your points as you are of mine. I understand what you are saying but it's completely irrelevant. But I guess you lack the capacity to understand or appreciate that. wink.gif

I may be ignorant of your points, but you haven't expressed them clearly or concisely. Your original comment was about the lack of quality in rock music, and since originally you were backing only that point we assumed you had continued that line of argument.

I give up trying to explain it. If you haven't got it by now, you're just not gonna get it.

Please, explain. I cannot drag a single argument out of what you've posted that we haven't disproved. Therefore, if you have some omniprescient meta-point, then explain it now so that this can be concluded.

How bout you stop being so offended / offensive, drop the "ignorant" accusations and the "don't have the capacity to understand" angles and I'll do the same... before I go and ban your ass from the BORG forums tongue.gif smile.gif

You're right. I am offended. I am offended at the audacity of your claims, your arguments and the way you ignore each and every point I have put in front of you as if your argument is credible without a rebuttal. I'm also troubled as to how you can discredit an art form with so much variation and progression off-handed like that, just because it isn't your preferred genre of music.

FFS I listen to music every day, sometimes 14 hours a day. I like variety in music and I know it very well. I have lots of it. I've listen to lots of the bands/groups you are talking about and some you've probably never listened to because they're too old now and some you probably haven't come accross that I have via family and friends.

That stands true to me, too. How is it relevant? You've expressed no proof that your musical knowledge extends so far, and your previous arguments are so silly that they discredit any worth that paragraph may have had.
In simple terms for simple people: if you really think the things you do about rock music, you have not listened to it. If you have not listened to rock music, then you're ignorant of many of the influences on modern music of all times, not to mention the genre progression, crossovers and sub-movements.

Yet you think I am somehow ignorant of it? wacko.gif Think again.

With so much listening time, I bet I also listen to music that you guys most likely wouldn't bother with because it isn't of the genre that you like.

I think you are ignorant of it, yes. If the comments you posted previously hold true in the face of my arguments, then I believe no matter how much music you've heard, you've failed to listen to it. Not only that, but despite your apparent love of music you don't open to learning about it.
The fact that you listen to genres we do not is irrelevant. We certainly listen to genres you do not. Personally, I like progressive, avant garde and otherwise irregular forms of music that generally use rock instrumentation to achieve different results, but I'm not going to hinge my argument on that which I don't know. Instead, my argument is amplified through the confused nature of yours.

Let's try a topic morph?

Who here likes Hip Hop? tongue.gif

I personally dislike Hip-Hop, as I dislike most genres with an emphasis on rhythm over melody.

+
# 104StarTrekker Feb 9 2008, 09:05 AM
^ Banned from BORG forums smile.gif

Sorry, but he's just a time waster who doesn't know when to stop. That's what happens when you ignore warnings in the BORG forums happy.gif

Well I actually like hip hop coz it has quite a bit of musical variety. Sometimes the lyrics are a bit 'grating' though. My favorite atm is Hilltop Hoods, but you guys probably wouldn't have heard of them.

And Fusion, I am not confused between rock and metal, therefore I am not ignorant. Ok once in this topic I did over generalise, but ffs, the point I was trying to make was being completely missed in it all, so I tried to change some words to make my point clearer, but that just backfired and seems to have so totally confused people that they can't recover from it. Let's just forget it an move on.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 105ChrisLeBlanc Feb 9 2008, 15:52 PM
Rofl at banning Alex for totally proving you wrong. And yes, I have heard of Hilltop Hoods. Saying Hop Hop has more musical variety than metal is totally false.

And saying all metal is about screaming shock lyrics behind a guitar and drums is pretty damn ignorant. All hip hop is about drugs, hoes, and shootin' cops!.

Yes I'm aware of the idiocy in that, given Hilltop Hoods.

+
# 106Flamzypants Feb 9 2008, 15:57 PM
I think he banned him because he was annoying happy.gif Good riddance, too much to read tongue.gif You forgot shooting bystanders btw smile.gif I dislike a type of music that promotes such things anyway...

+
# 107ChrisLeBlanc Feb 9 2008, 16:48 PM
Except it doesn't. Every single hip hop song doesn't promote that. It's the exact same thing with metal.

+
# 108Flamzypants Feb 10 2008, 01:00 AM
Not every, but the more mainstream ones do...Based on my brief dip into that type of music about 4 years ago happy.gif

+
# 109StarTrekker Feb 10 2008, 12:48 PM
QUOTE(Fusion. @ Feb 10 2008, 02:22 AM) *
Rofl at banning Alex for totally proving you wrong.

Bullshit. He proved nothing but that he was too emotional about it... and couldn't discuss the issue without resorting to garbage posting. And that he didn't understand the point at all.

Saying Hop Hop has more musical variety than metal is totally false.

Really? I'd tend to disagree there. But I'll take your word for it since I don't really listen to enough metal these days.

And yes, I have heard of Hilltop Hoods.

Cool smile.gif Being an Aussie band, I have no idea how far their "reach" is. For all I knew, they only get heard down under smile.gif

And saying all metal is about screaming shock lyrics behind a guitar and drums is pretty damn ignorant. All hip hop is about drugs, hoes, and shootin' cops!.

Yes I'm aware of the idiocy in that, given Hilltop Hoods.

Two points.

One, I never said that ALL metal is like that. I may have alluded to the fact that a LOT of that genre is though, which is undeniable. For every song you can mention that doesn't ten more can be given that do. No, I don't have exact figures, but you know what I mean... I hope.

Two, you saying that "all hip hop is about drugs, hoes and shootin' cops" is as ignorant as you can get. Just to throw the same shit back at you as you have been trying to make stick to me.... but at least I DIDN'T say it whereas you did!!

HA!! tongue.gif Owned happy.gif

However, yup, Hip Hop is all too often based on that kind of "flavour" of lyrics.

And the same is true for metal. It has it's own "flavour".

QUOTE(Flamzypants @ Feb 10 2008, 02:27 AM) *
I think he banned him because he was annoying happy.gif Good riddance, too much to read tongue.gif You forgot shooting bystanders btw smile.gif I dislike a type of music that promotes such things anyway...

Yes, annoying, accusatory and he ignored my warning to back off. I just don't want to spend the time on "drop ins" who don't even try to understand the topic and go slagging off at me for no intelligent reason.

Simple as that really.

QUOTE(Fusion. @ Feb 10 2008, 03:18 AM) *
Except it doesn't. Every single hip hop song doesn't promote that. It's the exact same thing with metal.

Exactly. Hilltop Hoods for example typically advocate the opposite of the "norm". But each has a dominant lyrical tendency.

QUOTE(Flamzypants @ Feb 10 2008, 11:30 AM) *
Not every, but the more mainstream ones do...

Indeed... I'm not sure it's "the mainstream ones" or a "dominant lyrical tendency"... but I agree smile.gif

+
# 110CheeKy` Feb 10 2008, 15:56 PM
Two, you saying that "all hip hop is about drugs, hoes and shootin' cops" is as ignorant as you can get. Just to throw the same shit back at you as you have been trying to make stick to me.... but at least I DIDN'T say it whereas you did!!

Most of the time hiphop is going about nothing like SoulyaBoy lolol

Clan: Teh Memberz

Game: None

+
# 111ChrisLeBlanc Feb 10 2008, 16:43 PM
Crank Dat is about having sex with a girl and then giving her a "superman". Absolutely shit song, even for hip hop post-13661-1143531603.gif.

And trekker read the whole post before you comment on it, lol.

+
# 112Flamzypants Feb 10 2008, 17:53 PM
Mmmm do I want to know what a superman is?

+
# 113ChrisLeBlanc Feb 10 2008, 20:56 PM
No, you don't.

Click at your own fear

This post has been edited by Fusion.: Feb 10 2008, 20:57 PM

+
# 114Flamzypants Feb 10 2008, 22:14 PM
Feck shouldn't have clicked. I assumed it was something non sexual and to do with pretending to fly cry.gif

+
# 115k1ll3r Feb 10 2008, 22:42 PM
Hilarious topic. WFP banning alex for absolutely destroying you in arguments thumb.gif

Clan: -LoGn-

+
# 116Sparky Feb 10 2008, 23:11 PM
QUOTE(Fusion. @ Feb 10 2008, 21:56 PM) *

Doing that is just sad, let alone giving it it's own definition. What the fuck.

Clan: H2

+
# 117Flamzypants Feb 11 2008, 00:14 AM
Magic of the internet post-13661-1143531603.gif

+
# 118Sparky Feb 11 2008, 01:28 AM
It sucks like that post-13661-1143531603.gif

Clan: H2

+
# 119StarTrekker Feb 11 2008, 10:47 AM
QUOTE(k1ll3r @ Feb 11 2008, 09:12 AM) *
Hilarious topic. WFP banning alex for absolutely destroying you in arguments thumb.gif

rolleyes.gif another one who just doesn't get it. frusty.gif

QUOTE(Sparky @ Feb 11 2008, 09:41 AM) *
Doing that is just sad, let alone giving it it's own definition. What the fuck.

Totally agreed. Appalls me to think that people today are so mentally fucked up they even think of such things.

+
# 120ChrisLeBlanc Feb 11 2008, 12:09 PM
Banning Alex is still funny. He did shit all, roflmao.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)