Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

d3d8.dll crashes on multiplayer end (Shockwave mod)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Cycl0ne Mar 23 2015, 20:36 PM
Hi,

i installed the Shockwave Mod. And now the ZH allways crashes after an finished match (when the values are printed).

Can be easily tested with 1:1 with a computer player.

Here the error:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: game.dat
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4230c05b
Fault Module Name: D3D8.DLL
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5496b579
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00002318
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1031
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Cheers
C.

This post has been edited by Cycl0ne: Mar 23 2015, 21:19 PM

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2xezon Mar 23 2015, 23:56 PM
Hello. Thanks for the report. Can you please test if it also happens without the Shockwave mod, but just normal Zero Hour? And which ZH version is this? Standard, First Decade or Ultimate Collection?

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 3Cycl0ne Mar 24 2015, 06:50 AM
Hi

ZH+Generals Standard Version.
ZH Versioon 1.04

in Rise of the Reds or ZH it wont crash, just tested.

Another Question, your Gentool is V1.7, but why you didnt update this on the DLL Version, why its still 1.0.0.0 ? :-)

Oh and another "bug" i noticed. When playing online with friends and shockwave, we cant use maps bigger than 6. Otherwise everyone sees the loading screen of one self but the others arent loading. (tried this yesterday with 2 players versus 4 computer players on whiteout 8 players map)

another notice, when going to the webpage: http://www.gentool.net/ i get a warning from chrome, this page has been hijacked/hacked.

Cheers
C.

+
# 4xezon Mar 24 2015, 12:04 PM
Does that crash also happen if you turn off Upload Mode? Press Insert on Keyboard and disable it.

GenTool is version 7.0 and I don't give a damn about the file version :-)

That connection bug is not related to GenTool.

The website warning is bad. What Anti Virus software do you use?

+
# 5Cycl0ne Mar 24 2015, 19:50 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ Mar 24 2015, 12:04 PM) *

Does that crash also happen if you turn off Upload Mode? Press Insert on Keyboard and disable it.
That connection bug is not related to GenTool.
The website warning is bad. What Anti Virus software do you use?

The warning comes directly from google. If i deactivate the Phishing and Malware detecting in Chrome, the website is opened correctly. Im using Microsoft security essentials.

I disabled the upload mode: now it doesnt crash anymore.

Brgds
C.

ps: the option is not saved.. so we have to change it manually. Can you detect the mod and disable it? or can you make it saveable?

This post has been edited by Cycl0ne: Mar 24 2015, 21:00 PM

+
# 6xezon Mar 24 2015, 22:20 PM
I contacted Google about the malware verdict. I hope I can sort it with them, since I am the author of the files they claim to be malware without any evidence.

The upload mode setting is not saved by design - to encourage players to use the feature.

There is no realiable way to detect mods, because mod makers do not care about GenTool. No mod maker ever approached me to find a solution for their software. However, I have interest in fixing the crash of course!

The solution is to fix the crash. Is there any way to access your machine remotely and investigate the issue? And can you please provide instructions how and from where you installed the mod? I never used Shockwave and have no idea how it works.

+
# 7Cycl0ne Mar 25 2015, 07:09 AM
QUOTE(xezon @ Mar 24 2015, 22:20 PM) *

I contacted Google about the malware verdict. I hope I can sort it with them, since I am the author of the files they claim to be malware without any evidence.

The upload mode setting is not saved by design - to encourage players to use the feature.

There is no realiable way to detect mods, because mod makers do not care about GenTool. No mod maker ever approached me to find a solution for their software. However, I have interest in fixing the crash of course!

The solution is to fix the crash. Is there any way to access your machine remotely and investigate the issue? And can you please provide instructions how and from where you installed the mod? I never used Shockwave and have no idea how it works.

Yes, this should be achievable. Just give me some days, im going on a lan party the next 4 days, so on Monday you could access my machine by teamviewer if you like. If you need something (Visual Studio Debugger ....) you can install it if you like.

The mod is from these guys:
http://www.swr-productions.com/
and here the website of the mod:
http://shockwave.swr-productions.com/

downloaded it directly from them (200mb). It installs with a setup.exe and creates an own startup icon, so you can play shockwave, zh, classic all independently. Oh and i wonder why they dont contact you, since they promoted to use your .dll on the website when using ROTR (Rise of the Reds). But with the new Version of ROTR, they try to implement an own "lobby" for players, so maybe you can get in touch with them :-)

Amazing you never heard fo them, they have the most two best mods for ZH ;-) ROTR (complete new game with Europe, Russia, +++) and Shockwave a really nice ZH polish.

+
# 8xezon Mar 25 2015, 18:57 PM
I will have a look at it once I rework the upload mode implementation.

I just checked google webmaster tools and it looks like gentool.net is no longer flagged as malware.

+
# 9xezon Apr 2 2015, 18:26 PM
QUOTE(Cycl0ne @ Mar 24 2015, 08:50 AM) *

another notice, when going to the webpage: http://www.gentool.net/ i get a warning from chrome, this page has been hijacked/hacked.

http://gentool.net/: No malware detected
1. April 2015

Congratulations! Google has received and processed your malware review request. We did not detect any malware on your site.

As a result, we're removing the malware warning from your site. This may take some time to happen. (You can check the status of your malware review at any time using Webmaster Tools.)

To keep your site safe, we recommend the following:

Ensure you've enabled message forwarding in Webmaster Tools. This will ensure that you get notified straight away if we discover any more critical issues on your site.
Visit Webmaster Tools to regularly check up on site health.
Check out stopbadware.org for updates and best practices on keeping your site safe and secure.

Get more information in our Help Center.

+
# 10Cycl0ne Apr 3 2015, 23:59 PM
GZ smile.gif

Another question: Since Generals is limited to 100 own Maps, how can i disable Gentool from installing additional maps? I have about 135 ROTR and 100 Shockwave Maps and Gentool installs another 113 :-P

Thanks
C.

+
# 11xezon Apr 4 2015, 10:03 AM
GenTool installs 36 maps. When the GenTool updater pops up after game shutdown, you can press C on your keyboard when it promts you to cancel the download. The cancellation will then be saved (until the next GenTool update).

+
# 12xezon Apr 4 2015, 23:29 PM
I tried to reproduce the crash. When I drop the Shockwave bigs into ZH Standard, then the game crashes on launch (without GenTool). When I drop it into First Decade it works. But I could not reproduce crash with AI in Online and LAN.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)