IPB WARNING [2] Use of undefined constant TOPIC - assumed 'TOPIC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) (Line: 1143 of /cache/skin_cache/cacheid_55/skin_topic.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Use of undefined constant REPLY_BUTTON - assumed 'REPLY_BUTTON' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) (Line: 1143 of /cache/skin_cache/cacheid_55/skin_topic.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Use of undefined constant FORUM - assumed 'FORUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) (Line: 1143 of /cache/skin_cache/cacheid_55/skin_topic.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Use of undefined constant TOPIC - assumed 'TOPIC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) (Line: 1144 of /cache/skin_cache/cacheid_55/skin_topic.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Use of undefined constant SHOW_PAGES - assumed 'SHOW_PAGES' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) (Line: 1144 of /cache/skin_cache/cacheid_55/skin_topic.php)
GenTool Technical Difficulties Error - GameReplays.org

Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

GenTool Technical Difficulties Error

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Salabencher Feb 4 2021, 22:18 PM
Hello,

sorry to bother you with this issue but whenever I launch Generals Zero Hour from Origin with GenTool installed the game crashes right after the blue world map screen goes away. Everything launches fine without GenTool but with it installed the game returns "Technical Difficulties Error, you have encounter a serious error." message.

I have installed "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)" and disabled "Origin In Game", I have also added a an exclusion to Windows Security for "d3d8.dll" and ran the GenPatcher tool.

I'm not sure what else to do to fix the issue, here's a link to the error and I'm on Windows 10, thanks.

[img]https://imgur.com/Hnxy4oh[/img]

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
Reply to this topic Start new topic

Don't like this display mode? Switch to: Standard

Replies: 1 - 4

# 2xezon Feb 5 2021, 15:58 PM
Hello. Reads as if you tackled a number of common sources of error already but there is still something not quite right.

Is there any action item left in the FAQ that you did not tackle?

https://www.gamereplays.org/cnczerohour/por...amp;tab=8280900

If not, then this would require debugging session.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 3Salabencher Feb 5 2021, 20:50 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ Feb 5 2021, 10:58 AM) *

Hello. Reads as if you tackled a number of common sources of error already but there is still something not quite right.

Is there any action item left in the FAQ that you did not tackle?

https://www.gamereplays.org/cnczerohour/por...amp;tab=8280900

If not, then this would require debugging session.

After double checking I have done everything in the FAQ it still will not launch, the only thing I can think that might cause it is Windows Defender because it wouldn't download the .exe file with Real Time Protection on, maybe a firewall is blocking the game but I did add the exclusion to Windows Security for "d3d8.dll" previously..

Please let me know what time you are free, I am United States EST UTC/GMT -5 hours.

+
# 4xezon Feb 6 2021, 08:43 AM
Write me on Discord please. xezon#8937

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 5SkyMix_RMT Feb 10 2021, 20:44 PM
QUOTE(Salabencher @ Feb 5 2021, 20:50 PM) *

After double checking I have done everything in the FAQ it still will not launch, the only thing I can think that might cause it is Windows Defender because it wouldn't download the .exe file with Real Time Protection on, maybe a firewall is blocking the game but I did add the exclusion to Windows Security for "d3d8.dll" previously..

Please let me know what time you are free, I am United States EST UTC/GMT -5 hours.

You should try adding an exception to the entire game directory folder

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)