Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 4

Quad Reckoner Formation

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Captain Sierra Feb 13 2013, 23:26 PM
This is a loved and hated tactic. Its a bitch to have this park next to your army or your crawler but it is for sure effective. Ive been playing around with this tactic and having 4 reckoners each garrisoned with 1 slave and some infantry. What is the best mix of infantry to use with this strategy?

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 2Incia Feb 14 2013, 01:43 AM
It depends really, if you want to help your other allys armys then mass heal is great, but if you go for DPS then maybe high confessors, as they can target air units too.

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 3KiR2RuN4FuN Nov 15 2016, 09:01 AM

What is the best mix of infantry to use with this strategy?

For 50 Command Points :
- Reckoner (rank 3 ; "drilltip" upgrade ; engineer - rank 3, "range boost" upgrade, "speed boost" upgrade ; devout - "range boost" upgrade, "speed boost" upgrade, "refire boost" upgrade, "medical training" upgrade, "dark armaments" upgrade ; reaper - "range boost" upgrade, "speed boost" upgrade, "refire boost" upgrade, "medical training" upgrade, "dark armaments" upgrade)
- Reckoner (rank 3 ; "drilltip" upgrade ; engineer - rank 3, "range boost" upgrade, "speed boost" upgrade ; devout - "range boost" upgrade, "speed boost" upgrade, "refire boost" upgrade, "medical training" upgrade, "dark armaments" upgrade ; reaper - "range boost" upgrade, "speed boost" upgrade, "refire boost" upgrade, "medical training" upgrade, "dark armaments" upgrade)

For 60 Command Points :

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 4(e)1337(e)-Pain Nov 15 2016, 11:24 AM
You must really stop bullshitting everyone. There are people out there who will actually believe you.

Heroic engineer inside Reckoner? Heroic status means +10% weapon / repair power, but +100% armor. If the unit is inside the Reckoner armor doesn't matter. Best example for this are maximuskz and Luzifer who both used to sit in base for eight to ten minutes, while they were promoting every single passenger for their Reckoner to heroic by producing crates from bunkers. The other Nod players have to play 4v5 in that time. Too bad.

Speed boost and medical training upgrades for garrisoned units? I also wear running shoes and a helmet when I'm driving a car, because they make the car go faster and protect it from being totalled ... not!

Not even mentioning Reapers? If GDI has three Kodiak spams and your support players are long-time support experts like 1raf1 or pe2Pcz, then Devouts won't suffice. Just replace them with Reapers or decommission one Reckoner and replace them with Confessors.

+
# 5KiR2RuN4FuN Nov 16 2016, 07:37 AM
You really gotta stop being offended by everything. Looks like you got problem with that.
I said the mix that is standard and livable (engineers can be promoted after base leaving by scavenging random crates on the battlefield/crates from enemies and allies). But I didn't mention that recks are completely useless when GDI starting to combine their offense and support capabilities properly (status reboot, hi!).
Yeah, MT and SB are not much needed for Devout and Reaper, as well as SB for Engineer. Just mentioned my noob formation on "The End Of All Things", which does perfectly due to huge supply of red and blue tibs and the fact that GDI rarely advance to T2/T3 (they tend to not advance at all in co-op). You can even leave your Recks completely unupgraded.
And yeah -- I was mentioning Reapers. Read again carefully if you wanna find out.
Anyway, I'm almost not using recks at all now. Prefer HC+Shields combo so I can die like a man.
Also, necroposting, lol. Nuff said.

+
# 6(e)1337(e)-Pain Nov 16 2016, 08:57 AM
Indeed, you did mention Reapers. I just noticed it now. That way the Recks suck even more.
I'm not offended by everything, what pisses me off is those double standards from most players (including you). Like Zephyre, who says that "three engineers are enough to save a blue 100% of the time" and then it works only 20% of the time, the other 80% he quits. And you aren't consistent either. A few weeks ago heroic Recks were okay for Nod, and one day they suddenly were a cheat. Maybe you should play with the teams that I have played with. Look how much of a cheat heroic Recks are if you have Conquest and ramirez on Nod with you, when you are playing versus five non-retarded GDI players who know Hunters, Spanners, Crystal Shields, Paladins, Kodiaks, Battle Hardening, EMP Artillery, Point Defense Shield, Juggernauts etc.

+
# 7KiR2RuN4FuN Nov 16 2016, 11:45 AM
Em? I think I told ya that versus proper GDI Recks are not OP at all. Plus it costs 6 CP and cannot fire by itself since it's just a mobile bunker/transport. I still think they are the best answer to GDI OP-ness. But I also think that they won't work when
GDI starting to combine their offense and support capabilities properly (status reboot, hi!).

After all, this game is all about GDI.

+
# 8(e)1337(e)-Pain Nov 16 2016, 12:25 PM

... Recks are not OP at all. Plus it costs 6 CP and cannot fire by itself since it's just a mobile bunker/transport. I still think they are the best answer to GDI OP-ness.

Ok, now it's getting ridiculous... That is exactly what I told you in game when you said that Recks were overpowered / a cheat and that you "don't make them anymore", just a few weeks ago when you were GDI and Aleks made them on Blood and Sand.

+
# 9KiR2RuN4FuN Nov 16 2016, 15:24 PM
Well, I came to that conclusion myself. Just don't understand what else do you want from me.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)