Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

When to tech, and what to tech to

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Shadilay Jun 1 2018, 18:43 PM
Hello,
last month I really enjoy playing as US but I have one problem, whenever I play against my friend (WM), he goes heavy T2 with fast VET 3, so I respond with one or two snipers and a mortar, but as I am building these things, I usually have a ton of fuel since I only use MP for units, wouldnt it be better to tech to shermans ASAP when I have this fuel, or how do I approach this situation, and also, when do you go for fast m8?

+
# 2remosu37 Jun 1 2018, 19:14 PM
2 snipers is a lot, and mortar is pretty situational. It depends on what you need, and what he's building.

Some people go Infantry doctrine for arty to counter Pak, and go BARs --> SD --> TD --> Sherman ASAP. If you can establish early strong map position while the Wehr player is scrambling, you can basically out-tempo the Wehr player by getting enough Munis to blow up his first ATG with offmap arty, then fuel-deprive the Wehr player from ever getting a Panther on the field. Even if the Wehr player spams Paks, once you have 105mm Arty on the field, it's a hard counter to Paks. But this is dependent on winning the early game and REALLY pushing the wehr player hard to get a strong map position.

WSC is a good counter vs. heavy T2, and if they are going super heavy T2, double sniper can be extremely effective, with a few caveats:

1) overcommiting to AI and leaving yourself without AT capabilities. If you see Vet3 Infantry, you probably have some time before you see T3 or T4 vehicles, but if they are running only T2 units. Back up your snipers with spammed ATGs and rifles with sticky upgrades.

2) watch out for mines--especially in retreat choke points. Mines are the bane of retreating snipers.

3) watch out for countersnipers--if going a heavy WSC strat, it may pay off to go AB doctrine for Reconnaisance Plane (1CP RHS) which reveals hidden units (snipers, ATG) in that area--setting up easy counter snipes.

4) watch out for KCH--KCH are the only wehr unit which can withstand sniper shots, and they QUICKLY kill snipers. The only way for snipers to take them down is if you can reduce the health of the KCHs. Back up your snipers late game with clustered rifles with BARs, or a Quad50. Quad50 + 2 snipers will take down KCH squads incredibly quickly.

The US mortar is not much used because it's 1 to 1 inferior to the Wehr Mortar, which has superior range. So usually, when a top US player goes WSC, they do so for 1 reason, and 1 reason only: snipers.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3Shadilay Jun 2 2018, 16:28 PM
QUOTE(remosu37 @ Jun 1 2018, 19:14 PM) *

2 snipers is a lot, and mortar is pretty situational. It depends on what you need, and what he's building.

Some people go Infantry doctrine for arty to counter Pak, and go BARs --> SD --> TD --> Sherman ASAP. If you can establish early strong map position while the Wehr player is scrambling, you can basically out-tempo the Wehr player by getting enough Munis to blow up his first ATG with offmap arty, then fuel-deprive the Wehr player from ever getting a Panther on the field. Even if the Wehr player spams Paks, once you have 105mm Arty on the field, it's a hard counter to Paks. But this is dependent on winning the early game and REALLY pushing the wehr player hard to get a strong map position.

WSC is a good counter vs. heavy T2, and if they are going super heavy T2, double sniper can be extremely effective, with a few caveats:

1) overcommiting to AI and leaving yourself without AT capabilities. If you see Vet3 Infantry, you probably have some time before you see T3 or T4 vehicles, but if they are running only T2 units. Back up your snipers with spammed ATGs and rifles with sticky upgrades.

2) watch out for mines--especially in retreat choke points. Mines are the bane of retreating snipers.

3) watch out for countersnipers--if going a heavy WSC strat, it may pay off to go AB doctrine for Reconnaisance Plane (1CP RHS) which reveals hidden units (snipers, ATG) in that area--setting up easy counter snipes.

4) watch out for KCH--KCH are the only wehr unit which can withstand sniper shots, and they QUICKLY kill snipers. The only way for snipers to take them down is if you can reduce the health of the KCHs. Back up your snipers late game with clustered rifles with BARs, or a Quad50. Quad50 + 2 snipers will take down KCH squads incredibly quickly.

The US mortar is not much used because it's 1 to 1 inferior to the Wehr Mortar, which has superior range. So usually, when a top US player goes WSC, they do so for 1 reason, and 1 reason only: snipers.

Thank you

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)