Explore GameReplays...

Graphics

AcidSkift3kk - BlackHorseCav, PatriotVirus

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1greySynapse Jan 21 2011, 05:38 AM
Hi gents, welcome to the torture mentoring thread. You can upload and post your work here freely for critiques by me, I would also suggest attaching .psd files.

Some info about myself. I'm from California, US. I currently use Photoshop CS5 and am taking a 2nd level visual technology course at school. I've been using Photoshop since December 10, so roughly a year now. I'm looking to start university next year and major in Graphic Design. Some of my works:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Now regarding communication, I have Skype, Xfire, Gmail, Facebook, and AIM. If you guys could let me know your contact info it'll allow for easier file sharing and instant communication.

I'd you two to introduce yourselves. How long you've been using photoshop? What do you want to get out of this program? Just general stuff. And post some works you're proud of. We'll go from there.

For the mean time, feel free to indulge yourself with these motivational and inspirational links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/6SMoFs/www.f...-112-photoshop/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDdUxdxVTH0...player_embedded

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/6SMoFs/www.f...-112-photoshop/

Game: None

+
# 2BlackHorseCav Jan 21 2011, 13:18 PM
Hey Acid. smile.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3greySynapse Jan 22 2011, 22:32 PM
BHC, do I know you? If your answer is yes answer this:

I'd you two to introduce yourselves. How long you've been using photoshop? What do you want to get out of this program? Just general stuff. And post some works you're proud of. We'll go from there.

If your answer is no.. answer the above.^^ wink.gif

+
# 4BlackHorseCav Jan 22 2011, 22:55 PM
Ah, I was waiting for everyone to get here, also all my stuff is on a school computer, not on my laptop. I read your thing in full, not to worry. wink.gif

I'm Ryan, I'm 17 and live in Detroit. As for what I want and such, I just want to become better at PS, I have no intention of making it a career, but it is fun, and I'd like to be good at it.

+
# 5PatriotVirus Jan 24 2011, 09:22 AM
Hey, sorry for the late response!

Yea I'm from California too. Graduated college last year but am just working part-time at the moment (so glad I got a degree in this job market!!!!). I've been doing random Photoshop/InDesign projects for friends and family for the last year or so, but I don't have a real strong background in either.

I'm using CS4 right now, and hope to get CS5 sometime later this year. I use Skype most often (account name is xbonchx), so that would probably be the best way to get in contact with me.\

I don't really have any specifics for what I want to learn. Like Cav said, I just want to get better and more comfortable with Photoshop. I do tutorials that I find online pretty often but am not very good at creating anything from scratch. I also feel pretty dependent on brushes that I download, and would like to become less dependent on them smile.gif

Here's some things that I've done. Some I made myself, some are based off tutorials.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+
# 6PatriotVirus Jan 30 2011, 18:56 PM
So in effort to get things rolling a bit, Acid would you mind showing us how you go about creating a sig or sharing some of your favorite resources for photoshop?

This post has been edited by PatriotVirus: Jan 30 2011, 18:57 PM

+
# 7BlackHorseCav Feb 6 2011, 21:37 PM
Jesus, I've completely forgotten about this, I'm so sorry. Some work to follow later today. sad.gif

+
# 8BlackHorseCav Feb 7 2011, 01:47 AM
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This post has been edited by BlackHorseCav: Feb 7 2011, 01:48 AM

+
# 9greySynapse Feb 24 2011, 07:37 AM
Looks like I did nothing, sorry. 7 college level classes is taking a toll, going to drop a class.. this is ridiculous.

+
# 10BlackHorseCav Feb 27 2011, 20:24 PM
QUOTE(AcidSkift3kk @ Feb 24 2011, 03:37 AM) *

Looks like I did nothing, sorry. 7 college level classes is taking a toll, going to drop a class.. this is ridiculous.

Similar story, plus my PS doesn't work.

+
# 11CENTAUER Feb 27 2011, 21:27 PM
Attention all Mentors/Mentees Im sorry to announce that the current GFX Mentoring Program will be coming to an end soon, please use your remaining time wisely smile.gif

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)