Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Brits are too simple to play as in team games

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21flyingtiger Feb 3 2013, 14:07 PM
QUOTE(LeiwoUnion @ Oct 8 2012, 14:27 PM) *

Good, this is what I'm after. While stags are in general undeniably better against infantry spamming than other means that brit players have on their arsenal, they leave a bad niche that a lucky/competent/ patient/defensive wehr players can exploit. Stags can be near unbeatable at a certain critical mass at a certain critical moment in the game, but if the wehr player manages to get some real armour out to go along with their grens and paks, the brit is in great peril. The bonusless fireflies just aren't a great counter against tanks for their cost.

The brit player can forgo the stags to get the bonuses for their tanks, obviously. He'll then lose some of their potential momentum against infantry, but still less than they would lose potential momentum against tanks without the CCT. For me it's bascally just numbers. You can hold your ground against grens with cromwells, especially with cct. You must rely on combined arms more to dispose the support for the grens, but I don't see this as a bad thing. Then when the time comes for the eventual tiger,p4 mass or the KT, the opponent can't really gain momentum by relying purely on their tanks as a spearhead. CCT makes it possible to win prolonged games more easily, while stags give you a niche to beat the enemy earlier by sacrificing your late game strength.

About CCT vs Stag, something still bothering me lately: maybe two fireflies aren't a great counter against tanks, but how about three? It's just 50 fuel and 150 manpower away from a CCT to a firefly. While a Stag is cheaper than a Cromwell, the difference in cost can be nullified here.

Stags help with the Brit pop cap problem too.

And with CCT, your tanks must be together to be really effective, that cripple one of the most important strength of a tank force: mobile.

Note that if you don't like Stags spam, all you have to do is don't spam them, just produce one or two.

This post has been edited by flyingtiger: Feb 3 2013, 14:19 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 22djw2104 Feb 4 2013, 12:54 PM
QUOTE(tjw1107 @ Feb 3 2013, 13:01 PM) *

Brits are a good army, whether in 1v1 or team games, but not due to the turtle/arty; it's mainly because of the eliteness of the units. One Tommy squad can send any German units running for home in yellow cover or higher, and with backup like a single mortar pit it takes a blob to shift them. Implacements can be blown to hell by shreked and cloaked stormies, paks, 88s and arty, and massed infantry and vehicles are no match for properly supported MG42s or PAKs; I have honestly no idea why more people don't micro Brits- it goes completely against what people expect and forces them to change strategy, and unit-to-unit they are stronger than PE and most of Wehhrmacht (Tigers, Panthers and KTs excepted).

In team games, try reversing the roles; American blobs are often cheaper and more effective (they don't have the penalty in the LT falls). I agree that implacements as Brits are awesome, but sim-city them and you gain control of one area while losing it over the map as a whole, leaving the American player to run around trying to keep the flanks closed.

Note to a trend in topics: I resent Stags with a passion- I play for fun, and that unit certainly is not. smile.gif

Welcome back - it's been a long time since you visited. wink.gif

Game: None

+
# 23tjw1107 Feb 4 2013, 13:19 PM
QUOTE(djw2104 @ Feb 4 2013, 12:54 PM) *

Welcome back - it's been a long time since you visited. wink.gif

Why thank you wink.gif Interesting seeing your orange badge now; suits you biggrin.gif

+
# 24YankeePanzer Feb 23 2013, 21:54 PM
It seems that many of the replays I examine with COH Replay Analyzer, that the Brit player in general ends up with the least commands per minute, while maintaining an easy/good fight ingame. Just saying.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 25kafrion Mar 21 2013, 16:48 PM
QUOTE(tjw1107 @ Feb 3 2013, 13:01 PM) *

Brits are a good army, whether in 1v1 or team games, but not due to the turtle/arty; it's mainly because of the eliteness of the units. One Tommy squad can send any German units running for home in yellow cover or higher, and with backup like a single mortar pit it takes a blob to shift them. Implacements can be blown to hell by shreked and cloaked stormies, paks, 88s and arty, and massed infantry and vehicles are no match for properly supported MG42s or PAKs; I have honestly no idea why more people don't micro Brits- it goes completely against what people expect and forces them to change strategy, and unit-to-unit they are stronger than PE and most of Wehhrmacht (Tigers, Panthers and KTs excepted).

In team games, try reversing the roles; American blobs are often cheaper and more effective (they don't have the penalty in the LT falls). I agree that implacements as Brits are awesome, but sim-city them and you gain control of one area while losing it over the map as a whole, leaving the American player to run around trying to keep the flanks closed.

Note to a trend in topics: I resent Stags with a passion- I play for fun, and that unit certainly is not. smile.gif

i am sorry but i dont see the eliteness of any brit unit , esp since i ve had my 450 mp tommies been routed by 3 360 mp cost engies ( unapgrated in any way ) , and certainly not when volks beat my recon section in equal cover , or mp40 volks killing like 2 tommy squads , just play 2 successive games and see how long it takes for rifles and tommies to kill pios , and i have not even brought up the effectiveness of a schreck blob against anything british , or vet 2 storms mopping the floor with commados and vet 3 storms eating cannister to the face and just getting to half health , hell even the halftrack can whoop ass and the sinlge unit that can contest it early on the upgrated bren can go down to 2 fausts . Yeah and after that stags are the problem , sure , i wonder what can be said about the support track diying in 6 schreckshots or paks stuhs and schreckblobs combo , those make the game very fun no doubt .

+
# 26YankeePanzer Mar 21 2013, 22:59 PM
Do you have any replay of those types of experiences? The only way you could loose 2 Infantry Sections to MP40 Volks probably means that you just charged 2 Tommy squads against a stationary squad of VolksGrenadiers in cover.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 27kafrion Mar 22 2013, 07:52 AM
QUOTE(YankeePanzer @ Mar 21 2013, 22:59 PM) *

Do you have any replay of those types of experiences? The only way you could loose 2 Infantry Sections to MP40 Volks probably means that you just charged 2 Tommy squads against a stationary squad of VolksGrenadiers in cover.

i will try to find them not sure if i kept em on the 1st place or deleted them afterwards , but on what you are saying one very clear example i remember was 2 tomies vs 2 volks with mp40 , in langre , i had my tommies behind the haybales and he charged me i thought i could focus down 1 of them and then overpower the other , but they kiled my first tommy really quickly loosing 2 or 3 men in the proccess and then forced my second tommy squad to retreat , but never ever have i charged stationary mp40 volks in cover or not in cover .

+
# 28GreenDevil! Mar 22 2013, 08:36 AM
Brit Vs Wehr is broken, always has been, always will be. It's the worst possible match up in this game for boring play and bullshit cheesy tactics do what ever it takes to win.

Wehrmacht have absolutely all the answers to ANYTHING Brits can do, on any man except for possibly Angoville.

Just simply accept this fact and move on to playing another faction, I have, I used to be Brit player, but it didn't take me all that long to realise its fucking hopeless against anyone level 16 or above.

+
# 29uberpanzer Mar 22 2013, 11:59 AM
Well the subject is team games but even then itīs not much better. PE + Wehr vs 2 Brits has the advantage as long as the Wehr doesnīt suck balls and uses mines properly. The reason why brit will have less APM is indeed because of the blob, but it doesnīt mean itīs automatically easier to play.

+
# 3095thRifles Apr 14 2013, 17:36 PM
QUOTE(de345 @ Oct 7 2012, 06:19 AM) *

My Brit blobs continued to charge MGs and take them head on and kill retreating squads like nothing. Unless you are at a lower level, it is the hardest to loose units as Brits also, since you have huge retreating bonuses, compared to PE's units killed so easy on retreat.

So, your "blob" lets take it as a small blob, 2 tommy squads 1 lt, thats 1150mp 15 fuel and prob 150 muni for tommy upgrades, vs a 250mp MG, and you won???? WOW!!!! Imagine that

I see repeated posts/whinges about this, it is nowhere near even a remotely fair comparison

+
# 31de345 Apr 15 2013, 02:33 AM
QUOTE(95thRifles @ Apr 14 2013, 12:36 PM) *

So, your "blob" lets take it as a small blob, 2 tommy squads 1 lt, thats 1150mp 15 fuel and prob 150 muni for tommy upgrades, vs a 250mp MG, and you won???? WOW!!!! Imagine that

I see repeated posts/whinges about this, it is nowhere near even a remotely fair comparison

Just because you have more manpower/fuel/munitions worth of units than your opponent doesn't necessarily mean they will always win as you pointed out. If you charge and blob up rifle squads against a single MG in green cover, your probably going to have to instant retreat or best you kill it, but suffer much more casualties (in the end you get punished). Same when you blob and charge 2 Tommies and a LT infront, although in this case because of "Heroic Charge" from the LT, the Brit doesn't get punished for blobbing and easily kills MGs everytime encountered. If your Americans, you need to actually plan out your attacks to sucessfully kill units like single MGs, unlike Brits that just use easy fire up buttons that insta win engagements most of the time.

+
# 3295thRifles Apr 15 2013, 07:29 AM
If you charge multiple rifle squads head on at an MG you deserve to lose them all, theres this amazing concept called flanking, send them from different directions, dead or retreating MG.

Also, Brits arent the only faction to get a suppression breaking ability, in fact they all get one, Fire Up for Rangers/AB, Assault Nades for Wehr (and FTFL to a lesser extent) and Sprint for PE (not as good as it doesnt break suppresssion but if activated before makes them immune). Additionally Brits arent immune to damage whilst under Heroic Charge, they receive slightly less yes but given it doesnt last very long if you have other units supporting the MG you can then inflict major damage to them. You cant expect a single MG to lock down an area of map vs all foes

+
# 33Rudo May 3 2013, 22:13 PM
Indeed i agree brits is the most noob friendly side.Its a broken design blob,blob,blob helo starcraft .

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)