Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Ladder Discussion Topic

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Earendil Jun 1 2015, 14:01 PM
Here you can discuss everything about the BFME Ladder.

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2ICT Jun 2 2015, 00:36 AM
To make it clear at the beginning http://forums.revora.net/topic/88139-jury-...91#entry1004891

thanks and sorry for 'offtopic' here.

+
# 3Xehanort Jun 2 2015, 12:28 PM
How generous! I only ever made two revora accounts, you know both of them. I don't require another, keep them all banned. Thanks.

Question about ladder - do games played have to be generated? Or if all players agree is it allowed to play on a specific map or with chosen allies?

+
# 4y0shi Jun 2 2015, 12:31 PM
Nothing stops you from rerolling till you get ano/fords init

Clan: LeGenD`

+
# 5Earendil Jun 2 2015, 13:25 PM
QUOTE(Xehanort @ Jun 2 2015, 14:28 PM) *

How generous! I only ever made two revora accounts, you know both of them. I don't require another, keep them all banned. Thanks.

Question about ladder - do games played have to be generated? Or if all players agree is it allowed to play on a specific map or with chosen allies?

Oh xeha you are really pigheaded ... -.-

To your question: This is a quickmatch simulated ladder. That means you have to use the qm generator and play the games like they are shown in the draws.

QUOTE(y0shi @ Jun 2 2015, 14:31 PM) *

Nothing stops you from rerolling till you get ano/fords init

The first QM-Draw must be used.

+
# 6y0shi Jun 2 2015, 13:39 PM
QUOTE(Earendil @ Jun 2 2015, 13:25 PM) *

To your question: This is a quickmatch simulated ladder. That means you have to use the qm generator and play the games like they are shown in the draws.

Ye but what about all those unranked games, atm you can simulate any name vs any name etc and not play them. Are you watching every single games generated from the page? sounds like a lot of effort.

And I don't get your post, is xeha allowed to play or not, since you can upload games on gr, and you don't have to be on server to play the games, technically he could still play.
See no reason why he wouldn't be allowed to play, the game could do with some activity and holding a grudge against the current top player is just retarded imo.

+
# 7Xehanort Jun 2 2015, 16:35 PM
QUOTE(Earendil @ Jun 2 2015, 13:25 PM) *

I'm not being pigheaded, I'm grateful they've unblocked me. However I don't require use of revora or the server and I won't be used as a pawn to help promote this. Or maybe it's just a coincidence I'm unbanned the same time this is released...

I feel this system is highly flawed, but if that's the way it is then fine by me.

+
# 8Val` Jun 2 2015, 17:28 PM
It's new, naturally it will take time to iron out short-comings.

Clan: Unr3al

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 9Umi^T Jun 2 2015, 17:38 PM
It's too much work plugging in names, army, generating mu, posting, etc.

Also I never got the obsession over quick match

+
# 10Earendil Jun 2 2015, 19:18 PM
QUOTE(Umi^T @ Jun 2 2015, 19:38 PM) *

It's too much work plugging in names, army, generating mu, posting, etc.

Also I never got the obsession over quick match

No offence but when you are that lazy I don't think I can teach you anything in the mentor mentee program sad.gif

+
# 11y0shi Jun 2 2015, 20:11 PM
Fun

+
# 12Fishy Jun 2 2015, 20:14 PM
If its too work for you (sounds legit but w.e) none if forcing you to participate honestly.

Most players didnt play CW either and that is even less steps.

+
# 13Earendil Jun 2 2015, 21:12 PM
QUOTE(y0shi @ Jun 2 2015, 15:39 PM) *

Ye but what about all those unranked games, atm you can simulate any name vs any name etc and not play them. Are you watching every single games generated from the page? sounds like a lot of effort.

And I don't get your post, is xeha allowed to play or not, since you can upload games on gr, and you don't have to be on server to play the games, technically he could still play.
See no reason why he wouldn't be allowed to play, the game could do with some activity and holding a grudge against the current top player is just retarded imo.

The Ladder is a T3A:Online Project in cooperation with Gamereplays. That means he must be unbanned from Revora to participate at the ladder. He decided to stay banned that means no.

QUOTE(Xehanort @ Jun 2 2015, 18:35 PM) *

I'm not being pigheaded, I'm grateful they've unblocked me. However I don't require use of revora or the server and I won't be used as a pawn to help promote this. Or maybe it's just a coincidence I'm unbanned the same time this is released...

I feel this system is highly flawed, but if that's the way it is then fine by me.

I wanted to give you a chance being part of this ladder nothing more or less.

It is clear that the system is not perfect. Everyone is welcome to make improvement suggestions.

This post has been edited by Earendil: Jun 2 2015, 22:04 PM

+
# 14Am0nR2 Jun 2 2015, 21:54 PM
That realy gj guys ! Forshire says they will open Qm system as old one before 2016. We are waiting for this. About current system if you not played at EA server you can learn how to play in other maps before 2016. So when they release better system you 2 will be one of the nice players of Qm.

+
# 15Xehanort Jun 3 2015, 00:19 AM
QUOTE(Earendil @ Jun 2 2015, 21:12 PM) *

The Ladder is a T3A:Online Project in cooperation with Gamereplays. That means he must be unbanned from Revora to participate at the ladder. He decided to stay banned that means no.
I wanted to give you a chance being part of this ladder nothing more or less.

It is clear that the system is not perfect. Everyone is welcome to make improvement suggestions.

Don't think I'm not appreciative of what you've done Orange, you didn't have to ask them to unban me and I certainly didn't expect you to. But I understand you want what's best for this game and that's cool. However due to the nature in which I was banned and how they portrayed it ("in order to cheat their way into the prizes we had planned for you."), I won't accept.

If Revora are so controlling that they require me to be a member of their site and server (without requiring either) to participate in this Ladder, then so be it.

My initial thought is that players would prefer the option to play on chosen maps and with chosen allies, I see no issue if everybody agrees. I know you wish for this to resemble QM as close as possible; however presently you are still picking who to play with anyway. Therefore it seems logical to have the option. That's just my opinion, maybe others disagree, it wouldn't hurt to have a poll.

+
# 16Umi^T Jun 3 2015, 14:16 PM
QUOTE(Earendil @ Jun 2 2015, 19:18 PM) *

No offence but when you are that lazy I don't think I can teach you anything in the mentor mentee program sad.gif

Lol I might only be that lazy because I don't care about it that much, but either way in some aspects I'm lazy and others I'm not.

In 1 year of playing this game I've become prtty decent, which I think is a short time compared with others so I'm sure you can teach me some stuff lol

+
# 17Kerkyra Jun 3 2015, 16:59 PM
Is there some kind of match history like the ones gamespy or clan wars provide?

This post has been edited by Kerkyra: Jun 3 2015, 17:06 PM

+
# 18Pallando Jun 3 2015, 17:33 PM
QUOTE(Kerkyra @ Jun 3 2015, 08:59 AM) *

Is there some kind of match history like the ones gamespy or clan wars provide?

Not yet, obviously. The only thing that's being shown right now is the last 2 played matches and their results on the right side of the ladder page. Note that this is a beta, and it was tons of work to get the ladder to the current state. The ladder will get further updates and improvements in the future. smile.gif

+
# 19y0shi Jun 4 2015, 13:28 PM
Is the captcha rly necessary? Its rly anoying, having to re draw 2-5 times cuz 1 letter is wrong, what purpose does it even server other then prolonging the time to simulate qm?

#removecaptcha

+
# 20Fishy Jun 4 2015, 14:58 PM
At least make the captcha bigger !!!!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)