Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Ladder Discussion Topic

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21y0shi Jun 4 2015, 15:20 PM
So many ppl been telling me the generator doesnt work cuz of this shit, its not as if some1 was to make 1k bots spamming false qm games wacko.gif

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 22Earendil Jun 4 2015, 21:11 PM
I agree that the captcha is pretty bad. But ICT is offline for some time now and we can't change it. sad.gif

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 23suturbs Jun 5 2015, 13:24 PM
The ELO points "taken or decreased" should be different in a variety of ways.

Just examples to give an idea (than being complete suggestions):

Victory in 100kb=1 more point
Victory in 50kb=2 more point
Victory off-host=1less point
Losing off-host=1less decrease

I believe these kind of stuff makes it look smarter.
If u have the software or automated calculater(it could be done by even MS Excel) for the ladder, you can tune it up and make developments.

+
# 24y0shi Jun 5 2015, 13:58 PM
the elo isnt an issue imo, the stupid captcha is tho!!!!!@@@@@@@

I feel illiterate having to re type the captcha 10 times to make the draws haha

+
# 25Mathijs Jun 5 2015, 18:00 PM
I guess the captcha could be made a bit larger or easier to read (there's different-looking systems out there I believe), but it shouldn't be removed altogether. The captcha and the draw limit are there to demotivate people from making more draws to get a certain map.

They help make the system feel more 'random' and less prone to absue, though perhaps in a bit of a forced way. Still, I prefer it this way. I haven't had issues making draws while testing the ladder, I only mistyped the captcha once. tongue.gif

EDIT: On a general note, it's great to see so many people playing on it. The numbers aren't astronomical by any means, but I'm seeing a bigger ladder than I'd anticipated!

+
# 26y0shi Jun 5 2015, 18:32 PM
QUOTE(MathijsRevora @ Jun 5 2015, 18:00 PM) *

I guess the captcha could be made a bit larger or easier to read (there's different-looking systems out there I believe), but it shouldn't be removed altogether. The captcha and the draw limit are there to demotivate people from making more draws to get a certain map.

They help make the system feel more 'random' and less prone to absue, though perhaps in a bit of a forced way. Still, I prefer it this way. I haven't had issues making draws while testing the ladder, I only mistyped the captcha once. tongue.gif

EDIT: On a general note, it's great to see so many people playing on it. The numbers aren't astronomical by any means, but I'm seeing a bigger ladder than I'd anticipated!

Could just make it very clear that its forbidden to re-roll and just adjust elo accordingly if it happens, Im sure people wont try it again, its like ppl would pointpush in cw, you learn after you get your punishment. Just feel it would be much more comfortable being able to draw without the captcha.

+
# 27Mathijs Jun 5 2015, 18:50 PM
Knowing ICT, he will look into this as soon as he's back.

+
# 28suturbs Jun 11 2015, 02:19 AM
Elo is an issue in many ways. Logically, for better ladder terms, or technicallly.... It will be an issue soon or later.

One of the technical reasons I tell why. Look at the image, the total point of the plaeyers is decreasing continuouslyfor the ladders. Especially for 1vs1. By time last standing guy's point will stop or will be meaningless..This means ELo points function should be worked on, soon or later. (because it will make the system malfunction after a time).

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 29Earendil Jun 11 2015, 08:27 AM
mhm thats strange ye. Will talk to ICT about this.

+
# 30RP0 Jun 11 2015, 09:51 AM
what kind of a twisted system is being used for the rankings ?? the logic behind it should be fairly simple : same amount of points deducted from the loser goes to the winner . if the winner was ranked worse than the loser before the game than he should win more pooints than if it were the other way around . Also for 2 v 2 , there could be some sort of mechanism to award more points to the player who contributed most and deduct more points ftom the player that played worst .

just a thought tho .... u guys can do whatever the fuck u want

+
# 31y0shi Jun 11 2015, 12:19 PM
Haha ye atm its not about spamming games, cuz you will just lose points by doing so, unless you have a sick win %. I liked the cw pt system much better, since if you played alot of games, you would not be in the bottom, provided you didnt lose every single one of those games.

+
# 32Honda hornet Jun 11 2015, 21:50 PM
there is still a lot of good players start playing ladder

+
# 33suturbs Jun 14 2015, 04:51 AM
Please don't use nicks in the replays like DDDDDDD vs DAAAAA its not alowed I guess?

+
# 34RP0 Jun 18 2015, 11:24 AM
Ladder site is down ... Anyone working on fixing it ?

+
# 35Earendil Jun 18 2015, 15:08 PM
Yes.

+
# 36MythvMight Jun 18 2015, 21:29 PM
You missed my last game report with Galahad vrs Yoshi and Unikorn, I was on 29 wins when I posted this game, and I feel it is an injustice to have the last game with uber hardcore lag recorded.

If that game is recorded then the ladder isn't fair and it is cheating,

To say that I say it is unplayable as I said after the start wtf is this? I took more farms and was unable to control my horses what so ever yet Galahad and you are happy for that game to stand, if your happy for that to stand then you might aswell win ten more in uber lag instead of asking for a re host or rematch, it simply isn't fair to judge the ladder on
a game where I take map and have power points but as fol can't micro.

+
# 37y0shi Jun 18 2015, 22:17 PM
QUOTE(MythvMight @ Jun 18 2015, 21:29 PM) *

You missed my last game report with Galahad vrs Yoshi and Unikorn, I was on 29 wins when I posted this game, and I feel it is an injustice to have the last game with uber hardcore lag recorded.

If that game is recorded then the ladder isn't fair and it is cheating,

To say that I say it is unplayable as I said after the start wtf is this? I took more farms and was unable to control my horses what so ever yet Galahad and you are happy for that game to stand, if your happy for that to stand then you might aswell win ten more in uber lag instead of asking for a re host or rematch, it simply isn't fair to judge the ladder on
a game where I take map and have power points but as fol can't micro.

you're not the first victim of this uber lag bs biggrin.gif, ladder system is broken anyways so who cares

+
# 38MythvMight Jun 19 2015, 10:17 AM
QUOTE(Earendil @ Jun 19 2015, 05:48 AM) *

True. I'm sorry that I missed it. GR normally links me to the recent post since my last visit but this time it only showed me the new page.

Game added.
About the lag. We all had the lag so you were not alone with this stuff. And I can confirm what scop already said: The lag was gone when you left the game post-13661-1143531603.gif
all done.

Ok no problem thank you for correcting the stats,

About the lag I am under the impression that this kind of game should not be recorded. If it is a connection issue then we should try re hosting with the other teams ally or a neutral host with but 1 observer.

I am wondering what Seek might of said if a game in the old quick match league was judged by to be unplayable.
I understand that in a previous game you informed me of AC bugs when we placed land on your Isen mill and my peasants tried to kill the mill, you immediately demanded for a rematch for something that was completely unintentional, yet when I state something you all seem to think it's ok and doesn't matter, it's ok because its happened to someone else? That is wrong and not in anyone's best interests

The point I am really trying to make is that I personally wouldn't find any pleasure having a game like that on my record, in fact I would not want a game like that to be on my record at all.

There is no way a game like that should be aloud to count and I feel it is an injustice to the league.

This post has been edited by MythvMight: Jun 19 2015, 10:20 AM

+
# 39Earendil Jun 19 2015, 11:05 AM
In the old QMs admins didn't care about lag at all (except f12 cheat). Like this I had hundred of shit games vs players like Go^^mad who were camping on mega lag host with SW. I only had 1 game (vs necromancer and boss) which was the same way in the new ladder.

I already told you before, if a game is unplayable leave it at start. The AC bug happend after 30 sec. Like this it's easy to re. (We lost the re with worse mu so..) Same for very laggy games. Just leave them at start within the first minute of the game.

+
# 40MythvMight Jun 19 2015, 12:20 PM
Ok I will keep that in mind to leave at the start, however in this particular game I was told that the lag would get better. I think Scop said, `same as last game, it gets better` so I waited around trying and it actually got worse.

I can leave any game at the start if this uber lag happens but what is beyond reasonable doubt is that yourself and Galahad are quite happy to take points from this occurrence, that means you could be winning the ladder from default and not as fairly as you could co ordinate.

Do you fully understand that recording that game is an injustice not only to myself and Felix
but to both of yourselves also. The ladder is not controlled by machines we are the ladder

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)