Explore GameReplays...

Universe at War

(New guy)...Do you use founder for resource collection?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1LordElrond Apr 3 2008, 19:22 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to this game. I was just goofing around with skirmishes and found out something. Founder is not good for frontal assault. But i put him in performance mode and made him to tap network near my recycling centers. He immediately connected to all the nodes and stood there. Whats interesting was, my resource levels went really high. So i decided to check out why that happened. So I found out that when founder is in tap mode near the recycling centers, the drones travel in almost straight path and waste no time traversing through zig zag paths. All i have to do is build a flow conduit near the resources and it immediately connects to founder in a straight line all the way from the resource irrespective of the distance from them and drones automatically take the path next time they go to the resource.

Also since founder instantly connects to any newly built flow conduit, you can go build a flow conduit anywhere on the map with your eyes closed and upon finishing, the conduit will be linked to founder and thus connected to the circuit and hence stays cloaked and your units can flow to that place. This when used with computing suite 3 virus cascading patch is going to be a huge pain i guess. Has anyone ever tried this or have I discovered a new strat? smilie_naughty.gif

This post has been edited by LordElrond: Apr 3 2008, 19:26 PM

+
# 2vb4 Apr 5 2008, 18:06 PM
The Founder is mostly considered useless, except for ambushes from behind a base.
I don't think anyone ever thought of using him for faster resource collection.

Game: Universe at War

+
# 3X-ecutionner Apr 6 2008, 22:53 PM
If you want a decent Hero, Mirabel is the best.

Though you will use Vertigo most of the time because of the excellent virus branch.

But NEVER you should buy the founder, he is the worst hero in the game period.

+
# 4vb4 Apr 7 2008, 12:09 PM
Depends.

Founder is Flow branche, Viktor is nanotech. I go mostly Flow, because of the godly overclocking and multi-hit amplifiers. wink.gif
Nanotech is the branch for more effective collection of resources, so getting the Founder can come handy, if you go mainly flow.

P.S.
Can he turn buildings into Ohm bots? Would be nasty against Novus opponents.^^

+
# 5vOddy Mar 13 2010, 14:34 PM
No, I don't use The Founder for resources... flow conduits build in 5 seconds and you get them for free, so I just use them.

+
# 6vb4 Mar 26 2010, 14:15 PM
QUOTE(vOddy @ Mar 13 2010, 14:34 PM) *

No, I don't use The Founder for resources... flow conduits build in 5 seconds and you get them for free, so I just use them.

Except that the Founder got a lot more flow network range, moves a lot faster than a constructor and takes even less than 5 seconds to "build" once in place.
You would need one of the later flow techs (Higher range) + Vertigo to copy that trick.

+
# 7vOddy Apr 1 2010, 07:43 AM
He has more range than one conduit. That's why I build a line of them.

Also, If I use him for collection, then I can't use him for army movement, which I want. Besides. I always sell my recycling centers when the resources next to them run out so I can rebuild them at new places anyway.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)