Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Why play Scrin?!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Mr.Chips Jun 9 2009, 15:05 PM
Why do all you people play Scrin i mean you cant get any sadisfaction from playing them and every one will HATE you, do you play it cause its easy to use? (compared to most other factions, i mean i gess its easier to turtle with Nod.)So i am not tring to insualt you all i just want to know why you play Scrin. eyebrow.gif

+
# 2(Best)(Noob) Jun 9 2009, 17:57 PM
QUOTE(Mr.Chips @ Jun 9 2009, 16:05 PM) *

Why do all you people play Scrin i mean you cant get any sadisfaction from playing them and every one will HATE you, do you play it cause its easy to use? (compared to most other factions, i mean i gess its easier to turtle with Nod.)So i am not tring to insualt you all i just want to know why you play Scrin. eyebrow.gif

If you had any idea of how to play this game, Scrin is so hard to win against NOD or GDI, so stop crying because you can't stop Devourer spam.

+
# 3X-Flame Jun 9 2009, 20:15 PM
Because if you make it to Tier3, you've almost won the match already.

Game: None

+
# 4Speak Jun 15 2009, 03:47 AM
once you get used to scrin... the imbalance on the econ for scrin is so ridiculous, plus they have uncrushable harvs that carry more tib, the ability to regen a field.... and ...

t59 is bullshit.

Game: Modern Warfare 2

+
# 5X-Flame Jun 15 2009, 09:43 AM
Growth Accelerators are absolute shit because they die when you look at them. And Ichor Seed = Tib Seed, so that doesn't matter too much as well.

Game: None

+
# 6LOA5000 Jun 25 2009, 14:47 PM
QUOTE(Speak @ Jun 14 2009, 20:47 PM) *

once you get used to scrin... the imbalance on the econ for scrin is so ridiculous, plus they have uncrushable harvs that carry more tib, the ability to regen a field.... and ...

t59 is bullshit.

epic units can walk on them
i use scrin all the time i seem to usauly fail with the devours vs GDI
and Good nod players

and end up using an epic commado slash mother ship combo

This post has been edited by Servante': Jun 25 2009, 14:50 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File LOA5000_vs_MrMC.KWReplay
Size: 277.33k
Number of downloads: 222
Player Name Side Team
Mr.Mc 1
LOA5000* 2

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 7foundryrush Jun 27 2009, 03:38 AM
Scrin suck for the sole reason of half the population of KW play as T-59 who are practically impossible to beat as vscrin, the only advantage vscrin have over trav is their ability to defeat t2 tank pushes with devourers but in a t-59 game it's autoloss.

+
# 8Zeko Jun 30 2009, 23:24 PM
vScrin would be alright and they are. IMO they just need some better t-1 and t-2 anti inf capabilities and even at t3 they don't have any real good unit to kill a prodigy or fast inf spam like T59 makes.

I do think they are inferior to R-17 and t-59 especially. Basically as vScrin the only unique advantages you get are are Shielded Devastators and PACs but the PACs still suck and Devastators with shields still die pretty quickly and Devastators are situational at best.

You're also able to make devourer tanks and still get a teleporting Hexa. But basically you get a watered down version of the Prodigy and Reapod as vScrin. Your gunwalkers get shields but are still crap compared to shardwalkers.

If you're a person that loves to use dev tanks but feel you can't live without a teleporting Hexa either then vScrin is the faction for you.

If you want better. more cost effective tripods , awesome verisons of gunwalkers that can moe down infantry even at t3 , and can live without a teleporting hexa , go Reaper.

If you want to be lame and just do BS , go t59 tongue.gif

+
# 9kBlink Jul 11 2009, 21:20 PM
VScrin vs. Traveler 59

Scrin v Traveler - GR.ORG

+
# 10Lidoon Aug 13 2009, 14:06 PM
QUOTE((Best)(Noob) @ Jun 10 2009, 01:57 AM) *

If you had any idea of how to play this game, Scrin is so hard to win against NOD or GDI, so stop crying because you can't stop Devourer spam.

Scrin is so hard to win against T59 and SC,cuz mind-controlers

+
# 11Lidoon Aug 13 2009, 14:08 PM
cuz i love aliens
I don't know y people hates SCRIN,and it's really hard to play scrin well

+
# 12siho Oct 5 2009, 15:23 PM
thats true it is but i like cause of there brute force and that most noobs give up when they see a hexapod, but it is really hard to play, we hav crap teir1 units and i dont think we hav any stealth so we hav to depend on brute force

+
# 13zookerz Oct 17 2009, 19:14 PM
We don't have crap tier 1 units. Even watch this replay. But you are right about the stealth I think besides engys.

Attached File(s)
Attached File LAWLZ.KWReplay
Size: 209.5k
Number of downloads: 216
Player Name Side Team
Zookerz* 1
ol_alp 2

+
# 14siho Oct 18 2009, 17:42 PM
hey u look like a good scrin player got any good tips?

This post has been edited by siho: Oct 18 2009, 17:47 PM

+
# 15Foreman184 Oct 18 2009, 18:16 PM
QUOTE(Speak @ Jun 15 2009, 03:47 AM) *

t59 is bullshit.

They´re only if one is not able to use them correctly and effectively!
I love them even though I could use some buff of my skill wink.gif

+
# 16zookerz Oct 18 2009, 19:13 PM
Scrin are good with money so try to get around 5~7 harvs depending on the map.
At the start get 1 or 2 seekers incase of pit/bike rush.
expand after 2nd ref depending on the map.
If your going for a rush then spam something quick OR tech to tier 3 and spam tripods.
If the enemy is turtling then just wait it out since he'll run out of money eventually OR overwhelm his defences.
And depending on the map, get 1 or 2 spikes really quick.
Thats all I could think of for now =p
Heres Another Replay to show you what I mean.

This post has been edited by zookerz: Oct 18 2009, 19:30 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File Scrin_VS_Zocom.KWReplay
Size: 154.84k
Number of downloads: 136
Player Name Side Team
GoEasyImNooby* 1
salvadi 2

+
# 17Shadow Wolf Oct 21 2009, 23:48 PM
First off, I've gotta say that it's very disrespectful to dis T-59 players, especially as I am one. I won't go beyond that, but please don't I don't like it. ; _ ;

Back on topic.

To answer your first question, people play as scrin because it is flat out fun. I love it, and that's why. People say we are OP? I say not. Everyone has three basic factions. Vanilla, Brute Force, and Finess. We all know what v is, brute force is R-17, and finesse is T-59. We all have different strengths and weaknesses. Patches can turn the tides at any moment. T-59 was once the worst faction because of terrible nerfs. Hopefully, EA will eventually be able to have the perfect balance between factions. Do I believe that Scrin is OP? No. Do I believe ANY faction is OP? Mmm, not really. It may be more difficult to beat a specific faction with another, but that does not in any way mean they are overpowered.

Well, that's just my two cents. Sorry if I offended anyone in any way. Dunno how though. O.o

+
# 18zookerz Oct 22 2009, 01:02 AM
I remember yuri's revenge from ra2 and Yuri was my favorite team because of mind control

Well Trav also has mind control

Prodigy can just run in and swoop a structure and then you can sell it for quick easy money. Especially if the enemy doesnt expect it. Cultists can just take over tier 3 units and attack which make the cultists cost effective and yea =p.

Trav also gets aircraft and takes more skill than vscrin and such, I just switch off.

+
# 19Shadow Wolf Oct 22 2009, 01:08 AM
Another good tactic for the Prodigy is to capture your opponents MCV.

Run in, grab it, teleport out. Easy.

Whoops, off topic. lol.

happy.gif

+
# 20Mr.Chips Oct 23 2009, 19:53 PM
(Best)(Noob) is being dumb, dint he read what i said i'm not coplaining!!
oh well =]

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)