28.57% (2)
Option 2, act like buzzer hive
0.00% (0)
Option 3, change it but different from the ones above

Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Tony_A179 Apr 7 2011, 10:44 AM
This topic is a twin pointed topic. My points are a question and a discusion. The first, does anyone have any good information on the buzzers ability to combind with vehicles? From all that i know when a buzzer combines with a scrin vehicle, you loose control over the buzzer until the vehicle is orderded to detach. the buzzer will go out and attack the nearest enemy in a small radius around the vehicle. The buzzer can not be manually targeted but can be auto targeted by enemy units. Explozive damage done to the host unit will dammage the buzzer. If the buzzer is killed while still attached to the vehicle, you loose the buzzer.

That is all the info I have. the second part is that this ability is more or less very useless. How could it be more usefull. (such as implimenting the change into 1.03) I had 2 possible options/ideas to make it more usefull.
I was thinking it could give statistical bonuses (armor, dammage, speed, ect.) to the host unit.
OR maby have the host unit act like a buzzer hive. When orderded to attack something the buzzer would go out and attack the target while the vehicle moves in to attack with it's own weapon. If the buzzer is destroyed, it will respawn in the host unit just like the Buzzer hive. The only difference is that the the buzzer hive is imobile and spawns 3 buzzers, and the host vehicle has other weapons, can move and only respawns 1 buzzer

Please leave you thoghts and comments

This post has been edited by Tony_A179: Apr 7 2011, 11:09 AM

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 2cnc315d34d Apr 7 2011, 11:03 AM
its not useless. buzzers combined with vehicles have increased survivability (because theyre not shot at very often) and so theyre good for clearing garrisons in particular.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3Tony_A179 Apr 7 2011, 11:08 AM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Apr 7 2011, 06:03 AM) *

its not useless. buzzers combined with vehicles have increased survivability (because theyre not shot at very often) and so theyre good for clearing garrisons in particular.

Well if the vehicle is targeted for splash damage the buzzer will be hit and killed. When the buzzer goes to attack it becomes very vunderable. One of my change points was that the buzzer would have to be almost next to the garison/unit to attack. that gets anoying to try and get close and the enemy moves away. Most scrin units have a damage scalar bonus against civilian structures, so they kill garisons easily, plus the fact that scrin can't use garisons that effectively (Only the buzzer and commando can garison.

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)