Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Map Balance Review: Lothlorien: Eryn Laer

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Forlong Jun 11 2011, 19:17 PM
Please post your thoughts on the ClanWars suitability of Lothlorien: Eryn Laer, specifically what you do and do not like about the map.

This is not a traditional balance suggestions thread, because most of your balance suggestions have no chance of resulting in changes to Lothlorien: Eryn Laer. Rather, they will help us refine the GameReplays Tournament Mappool, and could perhaps even affect the design of future maps, in the event that ClanWars remains active and interest in new maps remains high.

What we can change about Lothlorien: Eryn Laer, if and only if there is significant community interest/support for doing so, would be the types and locations of neutral structures and creep lairs.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2EvilEyes Jun 11 2011, 21:07 PM
Don't like this map that much, but don't see nothing wrong with it tbh, it's bearable

+
# 3brabox Jun 12 2011, 00:23 AM
Worst map ever game play wise. One of the best maps looks wise (can compete with EA maps just like Old Forest can).

Things I hate:
- CAMPFEST. You can't expand properly anywhere but in the bases.
- The sides are virtually none existent and the middle is like a trench. Very strange.
- Lairs. They block everything that could be qualified as a flank. The one is the base is a nuisance too.

Things I like:
- Originality, though it failed :\

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 4Korvasomali Jun 12 2011, 00:54 AM
QUOTE(EvilEyes @ Jun 12 2011, 00:07 AM) *

Don't like this map that much, but don't see nothing wrong with it tbh, it's bearable

+
# 5Thoon Jun 12 2011, 03:42 AM
I'll admit that my mindset going into making this map was "screw balance, I'm making something PRETTY". laugh.gif It's still my favorite of all the maps I've made, though more for the aesthetic. I fully agree that it's pretty horrible to play on competitively.

Clan: Broken Sword Legion

+
# 6ViZ Jun 12 2011, 15:31 PM
aesthetically very very very cool. but it really favours elves because you can camp. thoon summed it up.

english went down the drain in this post sad.gif

Game: League of Legends

+
# 7trucky Jun 22 2020, 05:13 AM
bump and pls rename map to Eryn Lame

+
# 8Excelsior Jun 22 2020, 21:58 PM
It's become a somewhat popular and frequently played map over the past year+.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 9Imperialist Jun 23 2020, 11:23 AM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Jun 23 2020, 00:58 AM) *

It's become a somewhat popular and frequently played map over the past year+.

sadIy

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)