Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Schermerhorn (1v1)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41Supaunknown Dec 30 2006, 14:08 PM
That would be up to lawrence, but every week when there are not enough MoTWs chosen i.e. only one, then the highest rated maps that weren't MOtW contenders are voted on.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 42MacBryce Dec 30 2006, 15:35 PM
It would be great if it became a MotW. smile.gif It sure has come a long way since the early concepts. I've attached the last concept art I made for it. It doesn't even have the Schermerhorn or the island yet.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+
# 43Supaunknown Dec 30 2006, 16:01 PM
I'm currently workin on a map, I have really high hopes for this one. It still needs a name though. Two screenshots below.
BTW sorry to jack your thread with my maps pictures.

IPB Image

IPB Image

+
# 44Hatge Dec 30 2006, 19:49 PM
i dont have much time at the moment to play maps, but from an artist point of view, i like the map.

perhaps
IPB Image
note: i think the bushes/cliff outside of the wall could look better

IPB Image
note: perhaps make the 1x1-stone-house a 1x1-wood-house

greetings
hatge

Game: World in Conflict

+
# 45DayGloNinja Dec 31 2006, 07:44 AM
Map looks great. However I think my biggest concern is balance... Why? well for the map to be perfectly balanced traversing the water areas must be identical to traversing the forrest. This however is not the case! Water produces negative cover and slows down unit considerably. You might consider timing the trek from the bases to the middle to see if both sides can reach the middle in the same amount of time. My guess... the western player will have a much slower journey. Maybe the solution is to make the paths in the water over the water surface line. Good job tho.

Clan: LAID

+
# 46MacBryce Dec 31 2006, 08:32 AM
I used the pathfinding feature of Worldbuilder and the shortest distance to the middle VP for the eastern player is a bit longer than the shortest distance for the western player.

It's not very obvious to spot without opening the map in Worldbuilder. I used a little tricks for that using blockers. I also added negative cover to the exits of the forest. There are detoriated old road tracks there, so the forest pathways are equally dangerous as the water pathways due to negative cover. I found this solution to be more elegantly than raising the waterpathways above the waterlevel.

There's still a little advantage for the Axis side in reaching the middle VP first, due to the water slow-down. So if you sent your first pioneers there, they'll be a little quicker than the immediately-sent engineers but I don't care. Vanilla engineers pwn vanilla pioneers anyway, so it's not really a disadvantage for Allied players.

I also recommend fixed positions here. I designed the map with an Axis right Allies left mindset and that's how it should be played.

+
# 47ShizzlePizzle Dec 31 2006, 18:39 PM
a major unblance is also that you cant barb wire the water areas as easily then the forrest area.

+
# 48Supaunknown Dec 31 2006, 20:31 PM
Kind of makes up for the way that the water slows you down though.

+
# 49MacBryce Jan 1 2007, 19:03 PM
Absolutely, good reply Fryloc.

Besides, the water can be barbed just as easy. The only difference is that you can't barb it in the middle of the path, but only at the edges. You could call it "a tiny difference between both pathways" but calling it a "major imbalance" is a bit far-fetched IMHO.

If you'd ask me, this map doesn't have any major imbalances.

+
# 50Supaunknown Jan 9 2007, 22:08 PM
Congrats on Map of the Week MacBryce!

+
# 51MacBryce Jan 11 2007, 20:58 PM
Thanks everyone!

+
# 52War Devil Jan 13 2007, 09:26 AM
nice map thoroughly enjoyed playing it

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 53shiffty Jan 14 2007, 22:16 PM
dam nice map gonna check it out now

+
# 54Hangman4358 Feb 19 2007, 16:22 PM
Maybe its me, but i cant get the non dev version to work. I think im just not getting it to the right place, in every thread there is a different place listed to put the file and ive tried all but to no avail, any ideas?

+
# 55craig198 Feb 25 2007, 19:14 PM
QUOTE(Hangman4358 @ Feb 19 2007, 11:22 AM) *

Maybe its me, but i cant get the non dev version to work. I think im just not getting it to the right place, in every thread there is a different place listed to put the file and ive tried all but to no avail, any ideas?

also did u use extract package under file menu in worldbuilder to get the sga?? i do that and the maps never show up (non -dev) and the sga is always small ne way. why are the sga formats such a bitch to get working? I have yet to get one to work with normal game .exe.

+
# 56shiffty Mar 11 2007, 10:28 AM
thats a way to ballamce allies stick them a great lake. lol looks intresting will download now. good job.

+
# 57WHiTEd3V1L Apr 22 2008, 11:12 AM
oh come one. make map with snow ! i think all are tired of "summer" maps and shitty rain on semois

+
# 58OnkelSam Apr 22 2008, 13:33 PM
QUOTE(WHiTEd3V1L @ Apr 22 2008, 13:12 PM) *

oh come one. make map with snow ! i think all are tired of "summer" maps and shitty rain on semois

Gravedigger tongue.gif

There are some:
Link to Map Contest Forum

+
# 59Zodiac76 Apr 23 2008, 11:49 AM
.....And here's me thinking this part of the forum was alive agian. He just dug up an old, stinking rotting corpse...

Might be a good idea to revive this part of the forum again after the contest finishes. Just to keep the momentum going

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)