Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

I've had it. PE is the doormat of CoH

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1jdlev May 24 2017, 02:38 AM
I'm a glutton for punishment...which is why I only play as PE.

They're supposed to be all about speed. Yet the capture slow as crap. Any type of perk costs an upgrade. More men..upgrade...more capturing speed...upgrade...you want a squad to level up before the end of your 3rd game...upgrade. Vs. pios in cover...straight up...they get beat. Unless your in green cover vs a rifle squad...say your last rights. 'Armored car'...I've seen hot wheels with more armor. You for mp44s...your stuck w/ marauder which is slow as ****. If you don't have at least 2, they're worthless. Watching the m8s/greyhounds do circles around them and pepper them to oblivion is so much fun. Shreks? Unless you go tank and wait until the end of the ****in game so you can get 2 per squad...worthless...gotta love seein' watching the M8s take 20 of those **** shells and then drive off into the sunset after wasting 3 squads. Gunner killed...engine damaged...engine destroyed...all with a smidgeon of health left :rolleyes.gif: Forget any type of shreks vs brits. The cromwells shred them in 2 shots, can take 6-7 shrek shells, and then zip away like the 5-6 shells that actually found there mark didn't do jack for damage. And then there's the canister shot from the little tank the brits roll out in the first five minutes. Buh bye 2-3 squads in one shot....

+
# 2Darc Reaver Jul 4 2017, 20:53 PM
If you want a better designed PE I'd suggest you to play Eastern Front mod.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/317600/C..._Eastern_Front/

Greetings

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3regnar1194 Sep 12 2017, 11:28 AM
QUOTE(jdlev @ May 23 2017, 22:38 PM) *

I'm a glutton for punishment...which is why I only play as PE.

They're supposed to be all about speed. Yet the capture slow as crap. Any type of perk costs an upgrade. More men..upgrade...more capturing speed...upgrade...you want a squad to level up before the end of your 3rd game...upgrade. Vs. pios in cover...straight up...they get beat. Unless your in green cover vs a rifle squad...say your last rights. 'Armored car'...I've seen hot wheels with more armor. You for mp44s...your stuck w/ marauder which is slow as ****. If you don't have at least 2, they're worthless. Watching the m8s/greyhounds do circles around them and pepper them to oblivion is so much fun. Shreks? Unless you go tank and wait until the end of the ****in game so you can get 2 per squad...worthless...gotta love seein' watching the M8s take 20 of those **** shells and then drive off into the sunset after wasting 3 squads. Gunner killed...engine damaged...engine destroyed...all with a smidgeon of health left :rolleyes.gif: Forget any type of shreks vs brits. The cromwells shred them in 2 shots, can take 6-7 shrek shells, and then zip away like the 5-6 shells that actually found there mark didn't do jack for damage. And then there's the canister shot from the little tank the brits roll out in the first five minutes. Buh bye 2-3 squads in one shot....

Welcome to the wonderful world of PE, I feel you. I primarily play PE. I go through stops and starts. It is an extremely flawed faction. You have virtually no chance against British, no chance. Against US your odds go up but you can be pushed off map with a rifle push. PE was destroyed by Allied fanboys, who wanted it nerfed from the get go, it's actually been nerfed a couple times and when they have tried to fix it they have just made it worse. One of the biggest insults to PE was the Tales of valor units added to PE's inventory. The Hotchkiss is crap, it takes more Ammo to upgrade a Hotchkiss than to upgrade a Wher HT, and you get less rockets. The other REWARD unit, I give you the schwimmwagen, yes the schwimm, Thank you sir may I have another??

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4miegorengwithprawns Feb 6 2019, 05:20 AM
I feel the pain. PE was better balanced in the original release than it is now. Originally designed to have be different with strengths and weaknesses which balanced in the overall game, now they're just all weakness. The reasons they were nerfed to oblivion are abundantly obvious.

+
# 5KitchenChef Oct 12 2019, 06:42 AM
Perhaps only masochists play for PE, perhaps people who are not looking for easy ways. It takes nerves of steel to play PE.

This post has been edited by KitchenChef: Oct 13 2019, 20:31 PM

+
# 6miegorengwithprawns May 27 2020, 04:53 AM
QUOTE(KitchenChef @ Oct 12 2019, 16:42 PM) *

Perhaps only masochists play for PE, perhaps people who are not looking for easy ways. It takes nerves of steel to play PE.

Playing PE 1v1 vs US in the final patch version is only for masochistic mental misfits. I can think of more pleasurable ways to participate in virtual self-flagellation for those so inclined.

I will play PE 1v1 play vs Brits, but its a tough call against anyone who is a truly good Brit player many of whom coincidentally will invariably be Stag abusers invariably exploiting Brit's already OP opening 5 infantry with snipe abuse. You can see how that plays out vs now super-fragile slower handicapped cap rate 3 man PE squads.

Meh. No surprise 90% plus of 1v1 automatchups today will be Wehr vs Allies.

+
# 7jdlev Oct 24 2020, 10:55 AM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ May 27 2020, 04:53 AM) *

Playing PE 1v1 vs US in the final patch version is only for masochistic mental misfits. I can think of more pleasurable ways to participate in virtual self-flagellation for those so inclined.

I will play PE 1v1 play vs Brits, but its a tough call against anyone who is a truly good Brit player many of whom coincidentally will invariably be Stag abusers invariably exploiting Brit's already OP opening 5 infantry with snipe abuse. You can see how that plays out vs now super-fragile slower handicapped cap rate 3 man PE squads.

Meh. No surprise 90% plus of 1v1 automatchups today will be Wehr vs Allies.

Ain't that he truth. I was able to get up to a level 7 or so w/ pe, but even that's plummeted. I don't know if there have been any other patches that have further nerfed PE, but it's more frustrating than ever...like I can't hold a level 4 frustrating even after hundreds of games.

I've always enjoyed playing as the underdog, but F this. Today was my last day willingly throwing myself under the bus just to play as PE. Some f'n clown actually danced (did the LT retreat thing to a specific location) between 2 points on angonville w/ a LT for I sh** you not...at least a minute. Four...full health...PE squads - TWO w/ 43s! - vs 1 squad and LT..I had cover...I had 16 to 6 odds...and yet I'm the one that lost 1 full squad and everything else was decimated and forced to retreat...but at least I killed the LT! Oh wait! No I didn't!! I killed two of his five man squad...which he fully replenished in less than a minute! :rolleyes.gif:

I don't know what changes or updates they've made, but it's pretty obvious all the brits must have been whining about their LT getting sniped early on...which...I'm sorry, if you can vet a squad before any other faction...the LT SHOULD be vulnerable. Instead it takes an act of God to kill that S.O.B.

It's too bad because I liked playing as PE, but I'm done with them. I've had the LT dead to rights way too many times just to have him retreat w/ 1% health and make it back almost every time and instantly recharge his health at the med tent. That, or the Americans will just run full bore at your PGs...take their health down by half and then they're easy pickin's for any riflesquad. It's such a joke, they should really just delete the damn faction. Maybe replace it some antifa beatniks or something. It really is pathetic....ok...i feel better now...rant done.

+
# 8VillageMagician Aug 24 2021, 03:51 AM
Wow, I am a little surprised at the hatred and overall sense that PE is under-powered.

I have never played PE, as I have never gotten tales of valor (which I really should, I have 900 hrs on the game as is) lol... So I can only speak about PE as in going against them.

PE is not as under powered as you all make it out to be. PE players, if adept, can really wrestle my jimmies if done correctly. Armored car rush is no fun - especially when we try to go fast m8 only to have a god damn kettenkrad continuously taking points and cutting us off or denying oil. Riflemen have a hard time getting armored cars if they are kited well, which given their speed is a piece of cake.

PE infantry usually win out over riflemen in early game. They have soldiers armor type... if you didn't know, that means that they only take 60% damage from m1 garand. That's HUGE. And you know whats even worse? The BARs they only take 40 fuckin % !!! Those two damage mitigations alone permanently put PE infantry > Riflemen. Not to say Riflemen cannot win engagements but boy, you have got to be careful.

Also, lets not forget the awesome destructive power of the hummel if one so chooses. It may be just as good or even better perhaps than the 105 howitzer. You can move it about for one thing...

US unless going armor company, has the thickest strongest tank in the sherman (lol). All you need is two squads with schrecks. Btw, the allies counterpart to the shreck is the bazooka (lol). Oh, and the INSANE deadliness of PE squads with the upgraded anti infantry gun... Don't even get me started. The damage output is criminal, while they remain EXTREMELY tough units. Rifles drop like flies. Big time.

Look I get it, PE can have it rough in some circumstances that's not a lie. But to put them down as weak or underpowered by a huge degree I must disagree.

I will say this though... if I play allies, I'd rather go against PE than Wehr, so there is some truth to what this post is about.

Cheers

[/u][/b][u]

+
# 9Volkl Aug 24 2021, 17:54 PM
PE really shines with a Wehr teammate for synergy. Particularly to keep ACs and Panthers repaired with bunkers. ACs are one of the best infantry killing units in the game if properly kited and repaired -- and not suicided into blobs. Also very handy for running down snipers and retreating squads with overdrive.

The Hummel is the best artillery piece in the game, hands down better than the 105. The Priest is the only contender with its Creeping Barrage and Overwatch capabilities. But Hummels will win an exchange with Priests. Calliopes are excellent in their own right but better against soft targets (unless fired point blank) and do not have the range of the Hummel.

You can stop an M8 with a single Marder if you ram a scout car in between to prevent M8 from circle strafing.

Pgren MP44s are devastating against infantry, especially with all the upgrades and vet. You can use a G43 slow ability on the most potent enemy squad.

+
# 10miegorengwithprawns Aug 28 2021, 02:55 AM
QUOTE(VillageMagician @ Aug 24 2021, 13:51 PM) *

I have never played PE

Then STFU until you have 1v1 PE runs on the board. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are just being outplayed by someone with MUCH greater skill at the game than you have necessary just to survive against US on the current sh1tty ALL US mobility, capping and M8/BAR rush orientated 6 map roster.

PE were deliberately nerfed to utter oblivion in the final 'patch'. Among a number of other huge disadvantages already imposed on the faction, their PGs and vehicles are now made of paper mache. UBER-fragile. With all their other handicaps opening game on small maps, 3 man squads OR fragile, NOT both as they now are.

+
# 11miegorengwithprawns Aug 28 2021, 20:22 PM
QUOTE(Volkl @ Aug 25 2021, 03:54 AM) *

PE really shines with a Wehr teammate for synergy.

Concur, PE still works well in 2v2 in conjunction with Wehr. The critical elements 2v2 provides for PE courtesy of Wehr's native base unit initial capping rate, squad size, mine, wire & sandbag/tank trap building laying capability and mobile defensive supressing firepower (MG42) are time & space for PE to develop beyond their initial now absurd in its EXTREME (since the final 'patch') vulnerability in 1v1.

+
# 12VillageMagician Sep 12 2021, 15:59 PM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ Aug 28 2021, 02:55 AM) *

Then STFU until you have 1v1 PE runs on the board. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are just being outplayed by someone with MUCH greater skill at the game than you have necessary just to survive against US on the current sh1tty ALL US mobility, capping and M8/BAR rush orientated 6 map roster.

PE were deliberately nerfed to utter oblivion in the final 'patch'. Among a number of other huge disadvantages already imposed on the faction, their PGs and vehicles are now made of paper matchr. UBER-fragile. With all their other handicaps opening game on small maps, 3 man squads OR fragile, NOT both as they now are.

Jackass, I was giving my opinion I never said matter of fact this is the objective truth.

ACs, when grouped and properly kited, are amongst the most powerful anti infantry units in the game. Given their speed, any half-retard such as yourself can kite easily while decimating squads. When it comes to chasing down snipers and squads for kills nothing does this quite as well as armored cars.

Though easily to dodge, the booby trapping of points can really take a players attention away from other things. I have lost squads before because of this. I think everybody has. Especially with mp44s, jesus christ those things melt riflemen - even vet 3 rifles cannot stand up to them for long at all. They drop like flies.

As my post stated - I would rather go against PE as allies than wehr. So there is some truth to this post. But I disagree when blanket statements such as pe is underpowered significantly... I do not think so. Though in 1v1 situations they seem to struggle in the early & late game sometimes.

Also, the hummel is a squad deleting unit. A hummel strikes fear into any ally player. Though hummels are easy (kinda) pickings for the howitzer.

+
# 13VillageMagician Sep 12 2021, 16:06 PM
Shit, I totally forgot about the kettenkrad.

Thing is ridiculous. How many different abilities does it have??? Caps @ rifleman speed, reveals mines, huge sight range, has magic-trick camo (whilst moving very quickly, and only cost 165MP!

No other faction has anything so strong for 165mp. True, its got no attack and is vulnerable... but not so vulnerable to push units out of cover easily.

You can point out the weaknesses of PE sure, but leaving out the strong suits of PE does this thread and whole idea of PE being inherently a bad faction a disservice.

+
# 14miegorengwithprawns Sep 12 2021, 22:29 PM
Well you got the infantile "Jackass" insult part right, looking at your reflection in the mirror.

Just love examples of hypothetical imagination borne of ignorance through inexperience playing the faction.

"ACs, when grouped and properly kited" ROFL.

I'm betting London to a brick you are an American only player. Here are some facts for you.

In the final patch, PE in general and all PE vehicles in the particular were UBER-nerfed.

PE's AC's, like their Inf HT and AT HT now have the resilience of wet paper mache. Riflemen in green cover are virtually immune to their fire. BAR riflemen will insta-shred them.

If you find dealing with them a problem, stop trying to NOOB dominate with Inf + Engie flamer mega blobs. A single M8 or Quad upgraded HT ruins their day, and comes a hell of a lot cheaper given Americans' superior numeracy and their DOUBLE CAPPING & decapping RATE permitting EASY denial to PE, and the obtaining by Americans of the 95 fuel requirement to build the Supply Yard & Motor Pool to get them vs the 50 fuel for PE capping at half their rate and with lesser field control to reach P-JK, for which they have to forego any other development/upgrades whatsoever.

If you are going that AC rush strategy play, they require building of P-JK as (T2), 25 fuel ea and virtually demand you also go Luftwaffe doctrine for repair to keep them alive. So how many did you have in mind, considering you mention ACs plural? ROFL. It's a high risk strategy, and virtual suicide against the British.

That hyper-speed boost BTW requires muni per use, as does each G43 upgraded PG squad, as does their nerfed focus fire (compare it with the length and efficacy of US suppression fire -major IMBA there), & MP44s upgrades 75 muni ea if you go there and don't pay a 105MP penalty for them. So where is all this MP & Fuel and Muni coming from at half the cap rate from a Ket which can't shoot back even at engineers?

Bear in mind PGs are now also fragile as fcuk ..unless in green cover AND at range. 3 man OR fragile, but NOT both as now.

"can kite easily while decimating squads" It's that easy eh? ROFL

In earlier versions of the game, PE's Inf HTs used to be a mainstay of PE's early game with worthwhile suppression, killing power (think the equivalent of Wehr's MG42 but costing 20 fuel as well), and importantly despite their woeful micro intensive pathing, acceptable resilience to make their deployment actually worthwhile. Now, desant troops can be sniped, and they wither under just rifle fire, and faint at the sight of BARS. No sticky bombs required. All German vehicles, and in particular PE vehicles are insta-mechanically damaged or immobilised by sticky bombs and mines to be easy to finish off targets. The same does NOT apply to US or Brits vehicles. The absurd self-repairing Brit Bren Carrier, Super cart Stuart & bugged perpetual suppression firing STAG which drives off like a fukcing sports car after 6 hits from a Panther FFS!

"Though easily to dodge, the booby trapping of points". ROFL. Mate that's just na´ve inexperienced BS. I play SE all the time. It's my fav doctrine. It decimates US players who go inf or airborne, and it's far from "easy to dodge" when under place perpetually under pressure and distracted. Playing against it, it's the doctrine I hate playing against most. I love it as it's a capping leveller AND its psychological affect is invaluable. Few American players cope well with it, and it fcuks Brits over 95% of the time well and truly.

MP44s are fucked now. They need to be at close range and aren't half as good as they once were prior to the UBER NERF. They are just three men until you pay a sh1tload of MP and fuel to build a LK and upgrade, and any US player will just suppression fire upon them and cut them down with killing fire from the supporting squad/s if he hasn't as he should, either gone a cheap Quad HT for that express purpose or obtained supporting MGs by that time through either Airborne doctrine or building a WSC. But the ultra mobile quad is the fastest route to that suppression.

Hummels BTW, are the worst arty in the single player game. A. Have an objective investigation into their ridiculous inaccuracy until vet 3, B. their reload rate, and C. their fewer shots per barrage compared with American or Brits arty. They do SFA damage to squads compared with ANY Allied arty.

Anyway, I have an appointment to go to for which I have to leave this here.

Like I said, play PE a while, send us link to your UBER-expert stats playing with them, and I'll afford you the cred you delude yourself into believing your nonsense validates.

+
# 15VillageMagician Sep 15 2021, 20:38 PM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ Sep 12 2021, 22:29 PM) *

Well you got the infantile "Jackass" insult part right, looking at your reflection in the mirror.

Just love examples of hypothetical imagination borne of ignorance through inexperience playing the faction.

"ACs, when grouped and properly kited" ROFL.

I'm betting London to a brick you are an American only player. Here are some facts for you.

In the final patch, PE in general and all PE vehicles in the particular were UBER-nerfed.

PE's AC's, like their Inf HT and AT HT now have the resilience of wet paper mache. Riflemen in green cover are virtually immune to their fire. BAR riflemen will insta-shred them.

If you find dealing with them a problem, stop trying to NOOB dominate with Inf + Engie flamer mega blobs. A single M8 or Quad upgraded HT ruins their day, and comes a hell of a lot cheaper given Americans' superior numeracy and their DOUBLE CAPPING & decapping RATE permitting EASY denial to PE, and the obtaining by Americans of the 95 fuel requirement to build the Supply Yard & Motor Pool to get them vs the 50 fuel for PE capping at half their rate and with lesser field control to reach P-JK, for which they have to forego any other development/upgrades whatsoever.

If you are going that AC rush strategy play, they require building of P-JK as (T2), 25 fuel ea and virtually demand you also go Luftwaffe doctrine for repair to keep them alive. So how many did you have in mind, considering you mention ACs plural? ROFL. It's a high risk strategy, and virtual suicide against the British.

That hyper-speed boost BTW requires muni per use, as does each G43 upgraded PG squad, as does their nerfed focus fire (compare it with the length and efficacy of US suppression fire -major IMBA there), & MP44s upgrades 75 muni ea if you go there and don't pay a 105MP penalty for them. So where is all this MP & Fuel and Muni coming from at half the cap rate from a Ket which can't shoot back even at engineers?

Bear in mind PGs are now also fragile as fcuk ..unless in green cover AND at range. 3 man OR fragile, but NOT both as now.

"can kite easily while decimating squads" It's that easy eh? ROFL

In earlier versions of the game, PE's Inf HTs used to be a mainstay of PE's early game with worthwhile suppression, killing power (think the equivalent of Wehr's MG42 but costing 20 fuel as well), and importantly despite their woeful micro intensive pathing, acceptable resilience to make their deployment actually worthwhile. Now, desant troops can be sniped, and they wither under just rifle fire, and faint at the sight of BARS. No sticky bombs required. All German vehicles, and in particular PE vehicles are insta-mechanically damaged or immobilised by sticky bombs and mines to be easy to finish off targets. The same does NOT apply to US or Brits vehicles. The absurd self-repairing Brit Bren Carrier, Super cart Stuart & bugged perpetual suppression firing STAG which drives off like a fukcing sports car after 6 hits from a Panther FFS!

"Though easily to dodge, the booby trapping of points". ROFL. Mate that's just na´ve inexperienced BS. I play SE all the time. It's my fav doctrine. It decimates US players who go inf or airborne, and it's far from "easy to dodge" when under place perpetually under pressure and distracted. Playing against it, it's the doctrine I hate playing against most. I love it as it's a capping leveller AND its psychological affect is invaluable. Few American players cope well with it, and it fcuks Brits over 95% of the time well and truly.

MP44s are fucked now. They need to be at close range and aren't half as good as they once were prior to the UBER NERF. They are just three men until you pay a sh1tload of MP and fuel to build a LK and upgrade, and any US player will just suppression fire upon them and cut them down with killing fire from the supporting squad/s if he hasn't as he should, either gone a cheap Quad HT for that express purpose or obtained supporting MGs by that time through either Airborne doctrine or building a WSC. But the ultra mobile quad is the fastest route to that suppression.

Hummels BTW, are the worst arty in the single player game. A. Have an objective investigation into their ridiculous inaccuracy until vet 3, B. their reload rate, and C. their fewer shots per barrage compared with American or Brits arty. They do SFA damage to squads compared with ANY Allied arty.

Anyway, I have an appointment to go to for which I have to leave this here.

Like I said, play PE a while, send us link to your UBER-expert stats playing with them, and I'll afford you the cred you delude yourself into believing your nonsense validates.

not going to read any of that lol

+
# 16Volkl Yesterday, 15:26 PM
QUOTE(VillageMagician @ Sep 12 2021, 07:59 AM) *

ACs, when grouped and properly kited, are amongst the most powerful anti infantry units in the game. [...]When it comes to chasing down snipers and squads for kills nothing does this quite as well as armored cars.

This and the mortar half-track I believe are what make PE the apparent #1 choice of maphackers these days. Nothing matches the early power of an AC when all potential threats are known. For areas too well defended to send in the ACs, the MHT is the perfect complement. While the free reign won't last forever, the early damage done by these units can be crippling.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)